View Poll Results: Do you think Obama is a radical

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 34.21%
  • No

    25 65.79%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Obama a radical?

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    Just can't make a statement without insulting half the American population, can ya?
    I want you to feel the pain. That way you know you are still alive.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    I want you to feel the pain. That way you know you are still alive.
    I don't know if I should take that as just stupidy or if I should be disturbed...

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I don't know if I should take that as just stupidy or if I should be disturbed...
    Be disturbed.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Be disturbed.
    And another quick question how do you expect anyone to take what you say seriously with those kind of comments, because I've got to tell you that telling someone they should be disturbed by your motivations isn't the best way to convince people of something...

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    And another quick question how do you expect anyone to take what you say seriously with those kind of comments, because I've got to tell you that telling someone they should be disturbed by your motivations isn't the best way to convince people of something...

    The world has entered a new era. The forces of history are lined up, and I'm merely telling you what I observe.

    There are many audiences to whom I speak. Some are to be alerted. Some are to be warned. Some must experience bitterness. But the message to all these audiences has at least one thing in common. The core of the message must be pure truth.

    Those who should be alerted can save themselves. Those who should be warned back off. Those who must experience bitterness do so in full measure. But only truth can accomplish this.

    Understanding the course of events requires more than the projection of "what is" into the future following the existing trajectory. It requires looking to the lessons of history based on the experiences of those who came before. Patterns emerge.

    Despite what Marx said about the beliefs of Hegel, history does not repeat itself. But the limited range of human behavior and emotions makes it appear that history repeats itself. This is why I have a dark vision for the coming generation.

    But even dark ages come to an end. There will be better days for the peoples who reside in the territorial limits of what is currently called the USA.

    America will have to hit bottom before it's circumstances change, and a new consciousness reaches critical mass in this land. But that day will come. Darkness will give way to light.

  6. #36
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wait and see how the American population gets insulted when Obama get's his stupid ass voted out in 2012.
    Not if Palin is running
    Anyhow its very unlikely Obama will be voted out. He is far from perfect but its the best choice out of anything the Republicans have except for Newt. If Newt runs then there will be on hell of a race to the White House!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Not if Palin is running
    Anyhow its very unlikely Obama will be voted out. He is far from perfect but its the best choice out of anything the Republicans have except for Newt. If Newt runs then there will be on hell of a race to the White House!
    Newt running is only slightly better than Palin running.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,776

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    And another quick question how do you expect anyone to take what you say seriously with those kind of comments, because I've got to tell you that telling someone they should be disturbed by your motivations isn't the best way to convince people of something...
    If you look at the screen name Albert has adopted, you have to take a lot of what he says with the assumption that it is intentionally over the top and intended to shock. That is his schtick and he employs it well.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #39
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    01-19-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    358

    Re: Obama a radical?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    radical is a subjective term, meaning that what you view has a radical I may not BUT with that said the trick is to think OBJECTIVELY

    you judge radical from the MIDDLE not from your own point of view. For example if I dont mind interacting with different races or people of different backgrounds or people better off or worse than me and you were taught that you shouldnt or believe you shouldnt you may view me as a radical, I of course would nto view myself as one

    anyway with all that being said, in my opinion Obama is not a radical lol, but im an independant so?
    BUT im open to persuassion, if someone can give me some logic why he is Id change my mind.
    I disagree. You believe that you judge 'radical' based on the middle and not the individual point of view because, as a centrist, your view IS the middle. As a libertarian, I believe that my view is correct. So I believe that one is to be judged, not based on 'the middle' but from what is correct. I believe we ought to be at a place with minimal government, so this is what I believe to be the 'right' place. Obama is far from my point on the political square. Yes, he does compromise left and right a little (not much, but a little - I will give him some credit), but he doesn't compromise up and down (up being little government, down being big government). So from my perspective, he is a radical on big government. From his perspective, I am a radical on small government. I would disagree simply because I believe I'm correct (and therefore not radical) - otherwise, why would i believe it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •