View Poll Results: Was the moon landing faked?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was fake

    2 2.74%
  • No, it wasn't fake

    67 91.78%
  • Parts of it were fake

    2 2.74%
  • Other, explain

    2 2.74%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 71

Thread: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

  1. #61
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Let me get this straight once again...

    It would be easier to fake a well documented and monumental event involving millions of people in the pre-modern-technology era... than it would be to fake an event involving perhaps thousands of people in a post-modern-technology era.

    That would be akin to saying it would have been easier to doctor a video in 1969 than it is today in 2010.

    Do you really believe in such a nonsensical and retrograde notion?
    Yup. That's what I was wondering. I thought I was reading it wrong.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  2. #62
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    For me, there is one question that has never been answered satisfactorily: Radiation outside the Van Allen Belt is lethal and our spacecrafts were not made of lead. These men should not have come back alive, if what I understand about the nature of solar radiation outside the belt is correct.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  3. #63
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    The evidence for the Holocaust consists primarily of eyewitness accounts and documents. Both of those are much more easily manufactured than the various things that would need to be fabricated to fake a moon landing.
    Something is very odd here. I have a Ph.D in physics and probing the universe is my vocation. I accomplish my cosmic exploring at the most high-tech physics facility in the United States. On the flip side, the Holocaust claimed most of my extended family. I have explored this huge personal loss in-depth. From perusing documents in Das Bundesarchiv to visiting the villages (Ukraine/Belarus/Russia) and speaking with the people who remembered the dark days and oftentimes... the murdered members of my family.

    Yet despite the above and for some inexplicable reason, you boldly claim that I am the individual in error here. Very odd indeed.

    Unfortunately for you Demon, there is someone on this board who is very well versed in both of these fields. I can only suggest that you adjust your critical thinking cap and try it again. Your current approach would never pass muster in a university setting.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  4. #64
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post
    For me, there is one question that has never been answered satisfactorily: Radiation outside the Van Allen Belt is lethal and our spacecrafts were not made of lead. These men should not have come back alive, if what I understand about the nature of solar radiation outside the belt is correct.
    apparently the radiation wasn't that lethal, and/or the shielding methods reduced the doses each astronaut received.....lead isn't the only thing that stops radiation, and there are diffent kinds of shielding for different kinds of radiation.
    But those moon shots were short trips, especially compared to what it will take to go to Mars.
    AS for finding a new planet that we can migrate to, good luck with that as well. Odds are, the current residents will look at us as invaders and kill us, unless we make sure they understand that we are only uninvited/illegal immigrants coming to their planet to pick their crops...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #65
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    I once read an interesting book on conspiracy theories, and it made a good point about the moon landings, and it went something like this:

    "For all the trouble it would have taken, to film and fake the moon landings, and keep it all completely quiet from the public, for all the painstaking effort that would have taken, it simply would have been easier... to land on the moon"

    Thats the word, I stick to it.

    Jetboogieman.

  6. #66
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Something is very odd here. I have a Ph.D in physics and probing the universe is my vocation. I accomplish my cosmic exploring at the most high-tech physics facility in the United States. On the flip side, the Holocaust claimed most of my extended family. I have explored this huge personal loss in-depth. From perusing documents in Das Bundesarchiv to visiting the villages (Ukraine/Belarus/Russia) and speaking with the people who remembered the dark days and oftentimes... the murdered members of my family.

    Yet despite the above and for some inexplicable reason, you boldly claim that I am the individual in error here. Very odd indeed.

    Unfortunately for you Demon, there is someone on this board who is very well versed in both of these fields. I can only suggest that you adjust your critical thinking cap and try it again. Your current approach would never pass muster in a university setting.
    The only error I am accusing you of is the error of assuming a moon landing would be easier to fake. I really could not give a damn about your credentials.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  7. #67
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    The only error I am accusing you of is the error of assuming a moon landing would be easier to fake. I really could not give a damn about your credentials.
    Utter hypocrisy on your part then. You certainly have no problem utilizing credentials when doing so suits your agenda.

    Dumbing it down a bit... cherry picking.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  8. #68
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Utter hypocrisy on your part then. You certainly have no problem utilizing credentials when doing so suits your agenda.
    When have I ever said anything about my credentials?
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  9. #69
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    When have I ever said anything about my credentials?
    Lol. Apparently, nothing less than a 2x4 will penetrate the miasma.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  10. #70
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    12-27-10 @ 04:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Just to add to this, and put the concpiracy theory to rest, My father had been stationed at the Naval Observatory in Washington DC several years back, and during his time there, I had the privlige of glancing through one of the high powered telescopes. I have personally seen the landing site, and all the remaining materials left behind. I know my word means nothing as this is the internet, but none the less I will assure you the moon landing was not faked.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •