View Poll Results: Was the moon landing faked?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was fake

    2 2.74%
  • No, it wasn't fake

    67 91.78%
  • Parts of it were fake

    2 2.74%
  • Other, explain

    2 2.74%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 71

Thread: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

  1. #41
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    America once had the ability to put people on the moon. Then America lost that ability. Now America has discovered that it cannot reacquire that ability. So it cancels the Constellation program.

    The next people on the moon will be Chinese. They will take down the Stars and Stripes left by the Apollo Astronauts.

    If Americans go to the moon again it will be as hitchhikers.
    So what, should we go deeper into debt just to show the chinese we can still piss farther than they can?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    So what, should we go deeper into debt just to show the chinese we can still piss farther than they can?
    What should we do? Change our consciousness and sacrifice ourselves for our children and grandchildren. But Americans aren't big on sacrifice.

    Since we won't sacrifice and we don't remember what consciousness is, we must accept our karma. It is the destiny of most young Americans to live lower down the international food chain. God help them.

    America isn't showing China how far the US can pee. China is staring aghast at the pool of urine gathering at America's feet.

    I'm past the point of tears. It's become a source of detached amusement to me now. My family is safe, but the nation and people I loved are gone.

  3. #43
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    What should we do? Change our consciousness and sacrifice ourselves for our children and grandchildren. But Americans aren't big on sacrifice.

    Since we won't sacrifice and we don't remember what consciousness is, we must accept our karma. It is the destiny of most young Americans to live lower down the international food chain. God help them.

    America isn't showing China how far the US can pee. China is staring aghast at the pool of urine gathering at America's feet.

    I'm past the point of tears. It's become a source of detached amusement to me now. My family is safe, but the nation and people I loved are gone.
    Are you saying that competition over space programs is essential to our national pride?
    Our pride has already gotten us into too much trouble, financial and otherwise. We have plenty to be proud of without spending a ton of money for non essentials. Better that NASA find more productive uses for its engineers and scientists...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Are you saying that competition over space programs is essential to our national pride?
    Our pride has already gotten us into too much trouble, financial and otherwise. We have plenty to be proud of without spending a ton of money for non essentials. Better that NASA find more productive uses for its engineers and scientists...
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it is a symptom of national decline. You can't deny that can you? Once we could and now we can't. That says a great deal about the way in which the American people have changed.

    It's like comparing Imperial Rome during the reign of the Emperor Trajan with the Rome of Constantine. Tremendous decline. The Roman people changed. Similarly, the American people have changed...for the worse.

  5. #45
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it is a symptom of national decline. You can't deny that can you? Once we could and now we can't. That says a great deal about the way in which the American people have changed.

    It's like comparing Imperial Rome during the reign of the Emperor Trajan with the Rome of Constantine. Tremendous decline. The Roman people changed. Similarly, the American people have changed...for the worse.
    If we are in decline, resurrecting travel to the moon isn't going to correct the situation.

    Besides, I think we can, but shouldn't. Waste of money, been there done that, whatever.

    And if we are in decline, it is more of a personal responsibility issue that it is NASA projects...
    We have taught too many of our children that it OK to be slackers....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    If we are in decline, resurrecting travel to the moon isn't going to correct the situation.

    Besides, I think we can, but shouldn't. Waste of money, been there done that, whatever.

    And if we are in decline, it is more of a personal responsibility issue that it is NASA projects...
    We have taught too many of our children that it OK to be slackers....
    Going to the moon won't stop American decline. However, not going to the moon is evidence of that decline.

    There are lots of things America doesn't need and can no longer afford. America doesn't need NASA. America needs to make debt service payments on the national debt. The era of American exploration is over.

  7. #47
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Going to the moon won't stop American decline. However, not going to the moon is evidence of that decline.

    There are lots of things America doesn't need and can no longer afford. America doesn't need NASA. America needs to make debt service payments on the national debt. The era of American exploration is over.
    We are still ahead of whoever is in second place.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    We are still ahead of whoever is in second place.
    For the moment. But that too will end.

  9. #49
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Let me get this straight then. Numerous countries - including Germany - have voluminous archives dedicated to Holocaust documents and materials. Most major universities have a Holocaust Studies degree program as part and parcel of the History Department. Every public library in the free world has a catalog of books on the Holocaust... either academic studies or personal memoirs.

    Yet you peddle the notion that this huge compendium of information is somehow lacking and insufficient. You also borrow from conspiracy theory in an effort to bolster/justify your clearly untenable position.

    My vocabulary is excellent. Repugnant is indeed the appropriate descriptive.
    I was not calling it into doubt, simply noting that it is more plausible that such an event was faked compared to the moon landing. Partly this is due to the nature of the event. Only something bigger than the competition between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. creates a sufficient motive for both sides to conceal the real events and it would be harder to do. On the other hand there would be plenty of motive for faking an event like the Holocaust and it would be relatively easy given the circumstances.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  10. #50
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: Poll- Did America fake the moon landing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Going to the moon won't stop American decline. However, not going to the moon is evidence of that decline.

    There are lots of things America doesn't need and can no longer afford. America doesn't need NASA. America needs to make debt service payments on the national debt. The era of American exploration is over.
    I find this statement depressing. Without space exploration, human beings will die out. We can't survive on this planet forever. The sooner a worldwide entity starts exploring outside our solar system, the better. Too bad human beings are too petty and small minded to trust each other to that degree. We deserve to die out, and that's exactly what will happen. But it's still sad.
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •