View Poll Results: Does WikiLeaks Qualify as "press"?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    37 68.52%
  • No

    16 29.63%
  • Unsure

    1 1.85%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

  1. #61
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-10-10 @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Wikileaks part of the press? Pfft!!!!! They're an enemy of the United States and must be destroyed, just like any other petty terrorist.

  2. #62
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaRepublican View Post
    Wikileaks part of the press? Pfft!!!!! They're an enemy of the United States and must be destroyed, just like any other petty terrorist.
    I think you are confused...

    I may not condone the actions of Wikileaks, but I fail to see how they could be considered a terrorist organization...

    Unless you consider releasing classified documents obtained from an inside source terrorism?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #63
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    12-10-10 @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think you are confused...

    I may not condone the actions of Wikileaks, but I fail to see how they could be considered a terrorist organization...

    Unless you consider releasing classified documents obtained from an inside source terrorism?
    They are supporting the terrorists.

    The information released is putting American soldiers lives at risk, how could this not be considered a terrorist action?

  4. #64
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaRepublican View Post
    They are supporting the terrorists.
    What proof of this do you have? Unless you are considering your second statement proof?

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaRepublican View Post
    The information released is putting American soldiers lives at risk, how could this not be considered a terrorist action?
    What proof of this do you have?

    Some of the info they released might possibly have endangered some people, US soldiers among them - but that's only a hypothetical, as far as I am aware.

    To my knowledge, no one has been harmed as a result of the Wikileaks releases.

    Please expand on your reasoning.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #65
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaRepublican View Post
    They are supporting the terrorists.

    The information released is putting American soldiers lives at risk, how could this not be considered a terrorist action?
    First I have heard of that, and I am a news junky....got links?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    First I have heard of that, and I am a news junky....got links?

    Of course he doesn't. He's just a reactionary.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #67
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaRepublican View Post
    They are supporting the terrorists.

    The information released is putting American soldiers lives at risk, how could this not be considered a terrorist action?
    I'm curious then if you think our gov't and our armed services are terrorists, because they are the primary reason that our soldiers are at risk since they are the ones who sent them there in the first place? Seriously, your argument here is way too thin. Perhaps we should take it a step further back and determine the soldiers themselves are terrorists to themselves because they volunteered to go to war. F'in' ridiculous.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Please expand on your reasoning.
    Has reasoning actually occurred?

  9. #69
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,635

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    No. I thought the argument would be whether or not they deserve whistleblower status (which I don't think they, or those connected should be allowed those protections).
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should WikiLeaks be considered part of the Press

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    No. I thought the argument would be whether or not they deserve whistleblower status (which I don't think they, or those connected should be allowed those protections).
    Wikileaks is a publisher, not a whistleblower.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •