View Poll Results: Do you believe Noah?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im Christian. I believe his age and the Ark

    9 10.84%
  • Im Christian. I dont believe the Ark. I believe his age

    1 1.20%
  • Im Christian. I dont believe his age but I believe the Ark.

    2 2.41%
  • Im Christian. I dont believe EITHER his age nor the Ark.

    10 12.05%
  • Not Christian but I believe both the age and the Ark

    2 2.41%
  • Not Christian and its total and utter rubbish!

    49 59.04%
  • Other / I dont Know

    10 12.05%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 237

Thread: Do You believe Noah?

  1. #61
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Just to be clear, it was 2 of every unclean animal and 7 of every clean animal.
    well, it was raining, so all the animals would've been clean.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #62
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    well, it was raining, so all the animals would've been clean.
    Filthy pigs never get clean.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yes. Its called science and logic. If someone shoots at you and misses it is because they did not properly calculate where their gun should be aimed at in order to hit a target.
    Sorry, that's not proof. Can you prove that God id not cause them to miscalculate?

    I'm not saying God did, or did not. I am simply stating that you cannot difinitivley PROVE what you're saying.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    I cannot believe nor disbelieve any man who never spoke to me or wrote any words to me.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Sorry, that's not proof. Can you prove that God id not cause them to miscalculate?

    I'm not saying God did, or did not. I am simply stating that you cannot difinitivley PROVE what you're saying.
    The burden of proof is on the affirmative to prove that God divinely intervened. And, exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.

  6. #66
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    The ark I don't believe, but the age is interesting. Depending on what type of calender they were using, I can see some one living to be 900.

  7. #67
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The burden of proof is on the affirmative to prove that God divinely intervened. And, exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.
    I don't have to prove squat, afterall...If I am right and you are wrong, it is ya'lls asses, not mine, that will be burning in hell. If you are right and I am wrong...what have I lost?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #68
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    The ark I don't believe, but the age is interesting. Depending on what type of calender they were using, I can see some one living to be 900.
    have you ever noticed that once a person hits about 80 there is not much change in their appearance after that? some old biddy who is 104 looks pretty much the same as some old biddy who is 84.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #69
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    have you ever noticed that once a person hits about 80 there is not much change in their appearance after that? some old biddy who is 104 looks pretty much the same as some old biddy who is 84.
    Not really. I don't hang around that many old people. But my point was let says a year to those who would have lived in Noah's time was a month. And then let's assume Noah was one of the lucky ones that had a long life. It is easy to see why some might have believed he was 900. Now I don't believe this, but when I was in high school it was how our priest explained it to us and I thought it was interesting.

  10. #70
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do You believe Noah?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Not really. I don't hang around that many old people. But my point was let says a year to those who would have lived in Noah's time was a month. And then let's assume Noah was one of the lucky ones that had a long life. It is easy to see why some might have believed he was 900. Now I don't believe this, but when I was in high school it was how our priest explained it to us and I thought it was interesting.
    and maybe back then there weren't as many nasty chemicals and pollutants floating around creating free radicals to break down cells as easily. people weren't sedentary.

    I think 900 is astretch, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't have lived much longer than we do.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •