View Poll Results: What is your political idealogy and Do you support the TSA procedures

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Conservative and I generally support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    3 7.14%
  • I'm conservative and I generally do NOT support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    13 30.95%
  • I'm centrist and I generally support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    4 9.52%
  • I'm centrist and I gnerally do NOT support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    9 21.43%
  • I'm liberal and I generally support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    3 7.14%
  • I'm liberal and I generally do NOT support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    10 23.81%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: Do you support the TSA procedures

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Some people take their privacy (more specifically, avoiding anyone seeing them nude except their mates/offspring/close relatives) more seriously than others.

    To the point that they do not wish anyone to see them even close to naked, even on a scanner.

    Or so I gather.
    Yeah, but they aren't really seeing you nude. From what I've seen in the photographs, it's just this shadowy outline vaguely identifiable as the person who just walked through.

  2. #82
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Yeah, but they aren't really seeing you nude. From what I've seen in the photographs, it's just this shadowy outline vaguely identifiable as the person who just walked through.
    Thus my second statement, "To the point that they do not wish anyone to see them even close to naked, even on a scanner."

    Even I would prefer to avoid the scanner for that reason.

    My parents are highly religious/conservative, in social terms, that’s probably part of the reason…
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #83
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Thus my second statement, "To the point that they do not wish anyone to see them even close to naked, even on a scanner."

    Even I would prefer to avoid the scanner for that reason.

    My parents are highly religious/conservative, in social terms, that’s probably part of the reason…
    I would "prefer" it also but Im still fine with it because I get the no scan/metal/pat down no fly. and Im fine with that also.

    Heck I actually feel bad for the TSA agents that are forced to see me, wheres their rights? I could argue that as inhumane torture
    Last edited by O_Guru; 12-04-10 at 08:19 PM.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    I would "prefer" it also but Im still fine with it because I get the no scan/metal/pat down no fly. and Im fine with that also.

    Heck I actually feel bad for the TSA agents that are forced to see me, wheres their rights? I could argue that as inhumane torture
    Yuck! This post just brought to mind a picture of something that should never have been put there!!!!

    Mods! I demand that this gross person be banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ewwww yuckity yuck yuck yuck!

    *points gun at own head*

    *BANG!!!*
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #85
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    I would "prefer" it also but Im still fine with it because I get the no scan/metal/pat down no fly. and Im fine with that also.

    Heck I actually feel bad for the TSA agents that are forced to see me, wheres their rights? I could argue that as inhumane torture
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of it from that angle....Perhaps we'll see a rash of fat, ugly terrorists now?

    Who will slip through because the TSA agents can’t stand looking at their (nearly) naked forms long enough to check closely?

    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #86
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yuck! This post just brought to mind a picture of something that should never have been put there!!!!

    Mods! I demand that this gross person be banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ewwww yuckity yuck yuck yuck!

    *points gun at own head*

    *BANG!!!*
    jeeeeeeez Im not quite that gross,

    2 yucks instead of three woulda been enough
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  7. #87
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of it from that angle....Perhaps we'll see a rash of fat, ugly terrorists now?

    Who will slip through because the TSA agents can’t stand looking at their (nearly) naked forms long enough to check closely?

    why not they try everything else
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  8. #88
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Yeah, but they aren't really seeing you nude. From what I've seen in the photographs, it's just this shadowy outline vaguely identifiable as the person who just walked through.
    And as I mentioned before, the stuff the TSA and DHS release is not the full size, full resolution images of what they actually see - in fact, they sport a lot of pixilation and blurring from being scaled down, the brightness/contrast is out of wack to name two issues.

    If they aren't so graphic, why doesn't the DHS and/or TSA release the full images of what is ACTUALLY seen by these things instead of this bullsh*t?
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    And as I mentioned before, the stuff the TSA and DHS release is not the full size, full resolution images of what they actually see - in fact, they sport a lot of pixilation and blurring from being scaled down, the brightness/contrast is out of wack to name two issues.

    If they aren't so graphic, why doesn't the DHS and/or TSA release the full images of what is ACTUALLY seen by these things instead of this bullsh*t?
    Frankly, even if it was a flat-out X-ray nude, I still wouldn't be fussed.

    Then again, I'm not the type to be bothered by a professional seeing me nude in a proper capacity, so maybe that's a bias.

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    And as I mentioned before, the stuff the TSA and DHS release is not the full size, full resolution images of what they actually see - in fact, they sport a lot of pixilation and blurring from being scaled down, the brightness/contrast is out of wack to name two issues.

    If they aren't so graphic, why doesn't the DHS and/or TSA release the full images of what is ACTUALLY seen by these things instead of this bullsh*t?
    I once read an article about this. I believe that I had followed the link from on of the threads here at DP. Unfortenately I cannot remember the thread or the name of the article or even what news company the article was from. If I had known that it would be such a big deal perhaps I would have bothered to memorize it. Oh well, tis life.

    Anyways...

    Yes the images that you see are blurred on purpose. They have admitted that yes they can get clear and detailed pictures with this technology. However they blur the images on purpose for two reasons (that I can remember). One was on the off chance that someone managed to get a picture off of the system and tried to post it on some internet site. Second reason was to preserve some sense of immediate privacy for the individuals having to go through the body scanners. In this way a persons privacy is safeguarded.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •