View Poll Results: What is your political idealogy and Do you support the TSA procedures

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Conservative and I generally support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    3 7.14%
  • I'm conservative and I generally do NOT support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    13 30.95%
  • I'm centrist and I generally support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    4 9.52%
  • I'm centrist and I gnerally do NOT support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    9 21.43%
  • I'm liberal and I generally support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    3 7.14%
  • I'm liberal and I generally do NOT support the TSA pat downs and body scans

    10 23.81%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Do you support the TSA procedures

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    LMAO
    That's what I'm thinking of you too..

    "violate your person and fondle you"
    hahahahahahahahahahaqhahaha
    YouTube - TSA pulls pants off 71 y/o man with knee implant
    YouTube - Woman Targeted By TSA For Cowboys Jersey
    YouTube - 'Groped and Poked' by the TSA
    YouTube - TSA's New Groping and Fondling Policy

    Of course you'll want more... but.... well, I'd say more but I've got enough warnings already.

    where do you get this stuff? talk about being dramatic its so entertaining I almost want to go back and read the rest of you post its probably hilarious.
    Prove ANY OF IT WRONG... Especially if it's SO WRONG that it's laughable, it should be easy... or was it more of a 'nervous laughter' because you know what's going on? I mean hell, with your smug superiority complex, it should be based on something factual... which raises the next point, you NEVER DID point out WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION does this allow security agents to molest children, fondle and sexually assault women and men???

    the answer is EASY and common sense
    1 you arent losing any rights
    2. if you want to fly you get the pat downs or what ever they want to do, its a CHOICE you make lol if you dont want to do what they say just dont fly
    Read the bill of rights... 4th amendment.

    Again, I have to hold my tongue at you because of warnings... this country follows the rule of law, and the law is in force for everyone equally. This isn't a matter of 'succumb to security or don't fly'... this is like training a dog to be averse to flying.

    So, how much is too much?? What could security do that you would say 'wait a second this goes too far'???

    there is no violation of the constitution LMAO
    Utter fail, but you're happy about it... so carry on in your ignorant bliss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Why are the conservatives joining the anarchists in attacking the people who are trying to keep us safe? It's so wrong.
    Are you joking??? This post is so wrong... the fact of the matter is that this is an unreasonable search without a warrant. You don't need to be 'anarchist' to believe that you shouldn't be violated on condition of travel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    We're not at war. Congress never declared war on anyone. Further, even if we were at war, our Constitutionally-guaranteed rights are never to be infringed on. There is absolutely no evidence that anything the TSA is doing is protecting anyone, they have NEVER caught a single terrorist in the act of trying to get on a plane.
    thank you... Though there hasn't been a proper declaration of war since... I'm pretty sure it was ww2.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    It just goes to show how asinine and over reacting our government has become since 9/11. I am all in favor of behaviorial profiling and that should definately be used but as for the "let's single him out cuz he is brown" will fail horribly and any white pyscho that wants could go right through. Now if you have a decent sharp person doing behavorial profiling you will save lives, dollars, time, and humility.
    Also the dogs, etc... I'm not averse to security, but in other cases like the shoe and underwear bombers, neither of them had to succumb to ANY security screening because men in suits were with them and got them past any security checks... so the whole justification for these body scanners in the first place is just wrong... we should stick with what works and just prevent 'men in suits' from getting people on airplanes without credentials.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    There could be a case made here that you may be biased
    Haha, I'm not quite that priapic!

  3. #63
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    That's what I'm thinking of you too..



    YouTube - TSA pulls pants off 71 y/o man with knee implant
    YouTube - Woman Targeted By TSA For Cowboys Jersey
    YouTube - 'Groped and Poked' by the TSA
    YouTube - TSA's New Groping and Fondling Policy

    Of course you'll want more... but.... well, I'd say more but I've got enough warnings already.



    Prove ANY OF IT WRONG... Especially if it's SO WRONG that it's laughable, it should be easy... or was it more of a 'nervous laughter' because you know what's going on? I mean hell, with your smug superiority complex, it should be based on something factual... which raises the next point, you NEVER DID point out WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION does this allow security agents to molest children, fondle and sexually assault women and men???



    Read the bill of rights... 4th amendment.

    Again, I have to hold my tongue at you because of warnings... this country follows the rule of law, and the law is in force for everyone equally. This isn't a matter of 'succumb to security or don't fly'... this is like training a dog to be averse to flying.

    So, how much is too much?? What could security do that you would say 'wait a second this goes too far'???



    Utter fail, but you're happy about it... so carry on in your ignorant bliss.


    ignorant blisss? LMAO pot meet kettle
    you arent to bright are you? either that or im guessing your about 17 years old or younger

    what type of dramatic fantasy world do you live in? Seems you have a huge issues understanding reality and the constitution.

    You made this long post about NOTHING but your dramatic WRONG opinion

    the bill of rights isnt violated neither is the constitution genius because you seem to forget one thing, NOBODY IS FORCED hahahahahahahaha that ends the discussion right there and puts egg on your face

    these people subject themselves to these searches lmao if they dont want them they dont have to get them.

    Where in the constitution does it say I have to where bowling shoes? or a shirt to get service or have a license to drive a car or a million other meaningless stupid pointless examples lol

    sorry I choose to live in reality and the constitution is NOT being violated neither is the bill of rights

    still laughing at the ridiculous idiotic banter of "Molesting children and sexual assault" LMAO

    I might have to make room or delete something off my signature to add that glorious line to it
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  4. #64
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    ignorant blisss? LMAO pot meet kettle
    you arent to bright are you? either that or im guessing your about 17 years old or younger

    what type of dramatic fantasy world do you live in? Seems you have a huge issues understanding reality and the constitution.

    You made this long post about NOTHING but your dramatic WRONG opinion

    the bill of rights isnt violated neither is the constitution genius because you seem to forget one thing, NOBODY IS FORCED hahahahahahahaha that ends the discussion right there and puts egg on your face

    these people subject themselves to these searches lmao if they dont want them they dont have to get them.

    Where in the constitution does it say I have to where bowling shoes? or a shirt to get service or have a license to drive a car or a million other meaningless stupid pointless examples lol

    sorry I choose to live in reality and the constitution is NOT being violated neither is the bill of rights

    still laughing at the ridiculous idiotic banter of "Molesting children and sexual assault" LMAO

    I might have to make room or delete something off my signature to add that glorious line to it
    I wish you would take a less abrasive tone in your posts.

    Firstly, because being civil is never a bad thing (almost never?).

    Secondly, because an abrasive tone turns many people off even if they agree with you...It just doesn't help your argument, IMO.

    Lastly, people who use "LAMO" , "hahahaha...", etcetera in their sentences…Well, it has much the same negative effect.

    But all my bitching about your writing and debate styles aside…

    I don’t know enough about the relevant laws to say if you or your opponent is correct, but I do know that some of the things I’ve heard about the TSA’s methods leave me wondering why they use those methods…

    Not because they are unconstitutional (although they may be), but because they’re (seemingly) stupid methods.

    Personally, I like the idea I read somewhere on this forum, which was basically “behavior profiling”.

    Now, it seems to me that only a very highly trained and self-disciplined individual could beat that.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by O_Guru View Post
    ignorant blisss? LMAO pot meet kettle
    you arent to bright are you? either that or im guessing your about 17 years old or younger

    what type of dramatic fantasy world do you live in? Seems you have a huge issues understanding reality and the constitution.


    You made this long post about NOTHING but your dramatic WRONG opinion
    aka "You are wrong because IMO you are wrong and I decide reality."
    Let's see what other gems you have to offer...

    the bill of rights isnt violated neither is the constitution genius because you seem to forget one thing, NOBODY IS FORCED hahahahahahahaha that ends the discussion right there and puts egg on your face
    Oh, so you're going with the defense that airports are private property... by your stated logic a person could have a free pass as a rapist because he 'never forced the women onto his property'. And Yes, what you are saying IS just that bad...

    these people subject themselves to these searches lmao if they dont want them they dont have to get them.
    Wow...

    Where in the constitution does it say I have to where bowling shoes? or a shirt to get service or have a license to drive a car or a million other meaningless stupid pointless examples lol
    Well, buddy when the biggest part of your genius level argument is "LMAO" because you're barely intelligible otherwise I have to figure out what your argument is... and yes, you're argument boils down to the private property... and yes, owning private property does allow you to circumvent certain laws, BUT that does NOT make the actions on your property ABOVE THE LAW.

    And the FACT of the matter is that if a person touches your genital area over the clothes is an arrestable misdemeanor and UNDER THE CLOTHES IS SEXUAL ASSAULT. That is the end of the story. But since you implicitly approve of sexual assault and pedophilia, I don't expect you'll catch on to what is wrong with that situation.

    sorry I choose to live in reality and the constitution is NOT being violated neither is the bill of rights
    Oh, but it is... TSA is a part of Homeland Security, and therefore an arm of the government, now, what they are doing is searching you, previous to this these searches were reasonable, an x-ray of carry ons and passing through a metal detector. What is going on has gone beyond the point of what any person would deem to be a 'reasonable' search.

    still laughing at the ridiculous idiotic banter of "Molesting children and sexual assault" LMAO

    I might have to make room or delete something off my signature to add that glorious line to it
    Watch those youtube videos and the video speaks for itself... ok, this abuse has been caught on camera.

    Ok... so, what else will you accept?

    It's your choice to go to the mall, should you be given an x-ray and a full-body rub down before going in the mall?

    How about on the bus or train within your city?

    Why not just have random home inspections looking for 'contraband'?? I mean, you 'choose' to live in the country, right?

    Seriously, how much of a slave are you willing to be in the name of safety?

  6. #66
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    thanks for the advice and to a point you may be right

    but when I encounter silliness I cant help myself, im going to laugh at funny things thats just plain and simple. When I read something that is so lack of logic, so over dramatic and abundantly void of reality its tough to contain myself.

    Also the other posted isnt an opponent because this isnt a game or a debate of opinion. He is just wrong. I am 100% correct, not because its "me" mind you but because thats reality. The constitution and bill of rights are not being violated by any stretch of the imagination nor has anyone been sexually assaulted or molested at least not by the rules/guidelines.

    Now like with everything you could have an individual abuse this just like EVERYTHING, doctors, teachers etc but theres no need to be dramatic and insinuate that every case is molestation and sexual assault.

    also, like I said at the end of the day nobody is being forced so that is the end of anybody guessing and assuming wrongly that this violates the constitution.

    A normal, logical person should know better. Look at your post. You questioned how smart/effective the steps may be and talked about that. You never even dreamed of abandoning logic and saying its molestation and sexual assault etc etc etc and other illogical dramatics.

    I have no problem with people not "liking" it or "questioning" it but saying it violates the Constitution/bill of rights and calling all of it molestation, child porn and sexual assault is just absurdly asinine. And while I should just rise above such nonsense I cant help but to point it out and laugh at such humorous drivel at times

    my apologies to you though because I have read plenty of things you post and whether I agree or not I think you're a good poster
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I wish you would take a less abrasive tone in your posts.

    Firstly, because being civil is never a bad thing (almost never?).

    Secondly, because an abrasive tone turns many people off even if they agree with you...It just doesn't help your argument, IMO.

    Lastly, people who use "LAMO" , "hahahaha...", etcetera in their sentences…Well, it has much the same negative effect.

    But all my bitching about your writing and debate styles aside…

    I don’t know enough about the relevant laws to say if you or your opponent is correct, but I do know that some of the things I’ve heard about the TSA’s methods leave me wondering why they use those methods…

    Not because they are unconstitutional (although they may be), but because they’re (seemingly) stupid methods.

    Personally, I like the idea I read somewhere on this forum, which was basically “behavior profiling”.

    Now, it seems to me that only a very highly trained and self-disciplined individual could beat that.
    Thanks.... I'm not averse to having any security at the airports... but there is reasonable and there is pushing things too far... and I think that the american people are speaking quite loudly, in general, that their genitals IS the line in the sand.

    Fourth amendment says it quite clearly. You have the right to be free in your persons and property against unlawful search and seizure.... and the laws and the specific charges may vary by state, but I promise you that wherever you live, if you as an individual walk up and touch another person in the genitals OVER the clothes IS an arrestable offence... UNDER the clothes, you'll probably be in jail 5-10 years. If the person you touch is below a certain age threshold then it becomes molestation / pedophilia, etc..

    Anyway, even if it is NOT a specific constitutional violation (this WILL be challenged in court, if the cases haven't already started), this is in violation of the law. First, a sworn police officer can ONLY touch your genital area as part of a search in VERY strict and limited circumstance and even THEN it MUST be a same sex officer to remove any sexual connotations. There's gotta be a police officer on the board that can vouch for this...

  8. #68
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Thanks.... I'm not averse to having any security at the airports... but there is reasonable and there is pushing things too far... and I think that the american people are speaking quite loudly, in general, that their genitals IS the line in the sand.

    Fourth amendment says it quite clearly. You have the right to be free in your persons and property against unlawful search and seizure.... and the laws and the specific charges may vary by state, but I promise you that wherever you live, if you as an individual walk up and touch another person in the genitals OVER the clothes IS an arrestable offence... UNDER the clothes, you'll probably be in jail 5-10 years. If the person you touch is below a certain age threshold then it becomes molestation / pedophilia, etc..

    Anyway, even if it is NOT a specific constitutional violation (this WILL be challenged in court, if the cases haven't already started), this is in violation of the law. First, a sworn police officer can ONLY touch your genital area as part of a search in VERY strict and limited circumstance and even THEN it MUST be a same sex officer to remove any sexual connotations. There's gotta be a police officer on the board that can vouch for this...
    My understanding of O-Guru's position is basically that this argument simply doesn't apply, since the person who wishes to travel via air is voluntarily submitting to the "search and seizure”.

    I don’t know how accurate that is…Has anyone, upon being told they had to go through this, simply said “well then, I’m going home now” – and been allowed to leave?

    Damnit, I don’t know enough about this area of the constitution/law to know…

    And besides, multiple people probably didn’t want to lose their money that was spent on the airline ticket…
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #69
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    aka "You are wrong because IMO you are wrong and I decide reality."
    Let's see what other gems you have to offer...



    Oh, so you're going with the defense that airports are private property... by your stated logic a person could have a free pass as a rapist because he 'never forced the women onto his property'. And Yes, what you are saying IS just that bad...



    Wow...



    Well, buddy when the biggest part of your genius level argument is "LMAO" because you're barely intelligible otherwise I have to figure out what your argument is... and yes, you're argument boils down to the private property... and yes, owning private property does allow you to circumvent certain laws, BUT that does NOT make the actions on your property ABOVE THE LAW.

    And the FACT of the matter is that if a person touches your genital area over the clothes is an arrestable misdemeanor and UNDER THE CLOTHES IS SEXUAL ASSAULT. That is the end of the story. But since you implicitly approve of sexual assault and pedophilia, I don't expect you'll catch on to what is wrong with that situation.



    Oh, but it is... TSA is a part of Homeland Security, and therefore an arm of the government, now, what they are doing is searching you, previous to this these searches were reasonable, an x-ray of carry ons and passing through a metal detector. What is going on has gone beyond the point of what any person would deem to be a 'reasonable' search.



    Watch those youtube videos and the video speaks for itself... ok, this abuse has been caught on camera.

    Ok... so, what else will you accept?

    It's your choice to go to the mall, should you be given an x-ray and a full-body rub down before going in the mall?

    How about on the bus or train within your city?

    Why not just have random home inspections looking for 'contraband'?? I mean, you 'choose' to live in the country, right?

    Seriously, how much of a slave are you willing to be in the name of safety?
    more dramatics, it must be terrifying living in your world, your ramblings dont even make sense, could you be any more void of logic?

    nobody is being FORCED thats the end of the discussion lol
    when you have something logical please let me know, save the drama for the theater
    dont like it dont fly

    I could think like you and give stupid examples too if you like

    - nurses and doctors molest me
    - so does my physical trainer
    - my daughters coach molest her when they stretch her out or tell me how she has "filled out" perverts!
    - the bowling alley violates the constitution because the make me where bowling shoes, no where in the constitution does it say i have to do so IT DOESNT!
    _my nephew went to a school where they had metal detectors and would pat him down, WHAT HAPPENED TO INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!! another constitution violation!!! and when I go to the hockey and football games they do the same thing!!!!!!
    - when i interviewed for my job i had to get a physical, some "hired help" took blood and urine from me then she told me to drop my pants and fondled my privates saying she was checking for disease and hernia, YEAH RIGHT i know she assaulted me!!!!!

    LOL see how dumb that is?
    while these are all true stories I choose to live in reality and not jump off the deep end into a world of fantasy, hysteria and the ever so popular "slippery slope" argument sorry I pick logic and rational thinking or emotional dramatics seems like we'll just always disagree on this since you choose the later
    Last edited by O_Guru; 12-04-10 at 06:21 PM.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

  10. #70
    Educator O_Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    01-06-13 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    758

    Re: Do you support the TSA procedures

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    My understanding of O-Guru's position is basically that this argument simply doesn't apply, since the person who wishes to travel via air is voluntarily submitting to the "search and seizure”.

    I don’t know how accurate that is…Has anyone, upon being told they had to go through this, simply said “well then, I’m going home now” – and been allowed to leave?

    Damnit, I don’t know enough about this area of the constitution/law to know…

    And besides, multiple people probably didn’t want to lose their money that was spent on the airline ticket…
    well thats a grey area, since you KNOW you are going to be searched, if you make it that far and THEN change you're mind im sure you will be forced because now you have given enough suspicious reason to be forced. Just like If i identify myself has the police and you run thats reasonable suspicion. now I guess you could argue and say "i didnt know" but im guessing that wouldnt work because at this point who doesnt know

    also and anyone feel free to correct me but i read that you have to get metal or xray and if you refuse either THEN you get "molested" but like I said not sure if thats actually how it works, nor do I really care because I have ZERO problems with the policies, I fly often but havent in few months cause my flying is usually feb-jun at least once a month for work.
    Last edited by O_Guru; 12-04-10 at 06:26 PM.
    PURE STUPIDITY 1.) Glenn Beck doesnt lie. 2.) Obama is Jesus like 3.) Sara Palin is so smart & shes a great speaker. 4.) Obama does just about everything perfect. 5.) Fox doesn' t lean right 6.) Pro-Choice is no different than Pro-Slavery 7.) MSNBC doesn't lean left. 8.) What TSA does is no different than sexual assault & child porn.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •