View Poll Results: How would you vote on the compromise as described in the OP?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

    4 6.90%
  • Against

    50 86.21%
  • Rabbit

    4 6.90%
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 405

Thread: Would you vote for the compromise?

  1. #221
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    One person, one vote. End of story.

  2. #222
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    One person, one vote. End of story.
    what is your argument for that?



  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is your argument for that?
    Everyone gets a voice, everyone gets a chance to have a say in how their government is shaped.

  4. #224
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you demand an explanation when you constantly mischaracterize anyone who opposes tax hikes on the wealthy and the progressive income tax as "radical right wingers" when that was the law of the land for more than half this country's history.


    progressive income taxes treat people unequally and make those who already pay the most pay even more. taxing someone is taking wealth and labor from someone. and your rants about racism is a pathetic curtin emotobabbling lefties use to cloak their lack of rational arguments. Being opposed to illegals children born here while their parents are in violation of our laws getting citizenship has nothing to do with racism.
    If you were to walk among the poor, Turtle, would this change your philosophy? And do you disagree with the concept that man is a social creature?

  5. #225
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Everyone gets a voice, everyone gets a chance to have a say in how their government is shaped.
    and why is that good?



  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Everyone gets a voice, everyone gets a chance to have a say in how their government is shaped.
    Not totally true, not when the conservatives control so much media.

  7. #227
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Not totally true, not when the conservatives control so much media.
    LOL that is funny. I guess if you are a marxist then CNN, MSNBC, ABC and CBS are conservative compared to you so you might have a fair point from your perspective. But most rational people don't believe the media in the USA is conservative.



  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and why is that good?
    This democracy may or may not be "good", but its a hell of a lot better than a right-wing nationalistic repressive government.

  9. #229
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and why is that good?
    Because it's fair, and equal, and it's not good for a portion of the population to feel like they have no say in how their lives are shaped.

  10. #230
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Would you vote for the compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Because it's fair, and equal, and it's not good for a portion of the population to feel like they have no say in how their lives are shaped.
    so if it is your position that each person is in the best position to make decisions about government based on their perspective of self interest why are you a liberal? The entire premise of modern leftwing liberalism is that the elites are in a better position to decide what is best for most people than those people themselves



Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •