View Poll Results: Is anyone who is against the building of a mosque, an Islamaphobe?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if they are against building a mosque, they are Islamaphobes

    2 11.11%
  • No, of course not, as there are Muslims against building some mosques

    13 72.22%
  • Maybe, I'm not sure.

    3 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Islamophobe?

  1. #21
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    which was the response I was trying to elicit from you... a clarification of your opinion.
    If all you want is for me to clarify my opinion, you could just try asking me to do so, rather than putting words in my mouth.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Islamophobe?

    The term "bigot" is also used incorrectly so much that it's lost most of its meaning.

    So I disagree with a liberal view and that makes me a bigot? Riiiiight.

  3. #23
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Religious ideology is something chosen freely -- or at lest SHOULD be chosen freely. As such, if it engenders a reaction, the reaction is not necessarily bigoted, especially if the ideology in question is totalitarian.

    The creation of the word "Islamophobia" serves as little more than a ruse to hoodwink unintelligent people into thinking the rejection of totalitarianism is an act of bigotry, and considering the way it is applied today, would be tantamount to accusing people of being "Teutoniphobes" in 1930 lest they resist the political ideology gripping Germany at the time.

    What people are rejecting is the expansionist Islamist ideology that rejects pluralism, is unbending in nature, and seeks to create a society unified under the yoke of ancient cultural mores. If rejecting that indicated bigotry, then any liberal westerner should be considered a bigot, because Islamism is incompatible with western, liberal values.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    If all you want is for me to clarify my opinion, you could just try asking me to do so, rather than putting words in my mouth.
    My way is more fun

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Side note... what does reading/writing ability have to do with common sense?
    Are you kidding?

    You really don't see the connection?

  6. #26
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    The term "bigot" is also used incorrectly so much that it's lost most of its meaning.

    So I disagree with a liberal view and that makes me a bigot? Riiiiight.
    It's not the views you disagree with. It's the opinion you're putting forth that makes you a bigot. Example, I don't like hockey. You like hockey. The fact that I don't like hockey does not make me a bigot. However, the minute I try to stop people from playing hockey because of some prejudice that I have against it, I become a bigot. In other words, stop complaining.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's not the views you disagree with. It's the opinion you're putting forth that makes you a bigot. Example, I don't like hockey. You like hockey. The fact that I don't like hockey does not make me a bigot. However, the minute I try to stop people from playing hockey because of some prejudice that I have against it, I become a bigot. In other words, stop complaining.
    So... when one person disagrees with another, they should jsut live with it and not try to convert or swing them over to their own side of the situation? Really? How ****ing boring would THAT be!

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    Are you kidding?

    You really don't see the connection?
    Let's say someone cannot read a spanish language sing that says PELEGRO!, next to a cliff with a broken fence. Common sense would tell them not to get too close, even though they cannot read the sign.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Islamophobe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's not the views you disagree with. It's the opinion you're putting forth that makes you a bigot. Example, I don't like hockey. You like hockey. The fact that I don't like hockey does not make me a bigot. However, the minute I try to stop people from playing hockey because of some prejudice that I have against it, I become a bigot. In other words, stop complaining.
    So when liberals push the notion that taxpayers pay for government funded abortions, that does not make liberals "bigots?" Any action that liberals pine for that are forced upon non-liberals, by your logic, can paint you as a bigot.

    Let us stop the playground names. To be a bigot you must think yourself better than others. I don't; I merely disagree and want it stopped. Just like "-phobe," "bigot" is also a flawed term whose meaning be damned and altered for use against those we dislike.
    Last edited by Wake; 11-24-10 at 02:02 PM.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Islamophobe?

    I do value language and grammar. However, one can be factual and intelligent without such... though it destroys crediblity in my honest opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •