View Poll Results: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    22 78.57%
  • No

    2 7.14%
  • Someone School Me

    3 10.71%
  • Other/Explain

    2 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 174

Thread: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

  1. #41
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  2. #42
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Wow, what a class act. Always have to see racism in everything, hmm? Typical liberal. Now, once I tell you I'm black, you'll shut up and stop being a moron?
    Class act? You call me a moron and imply I am the one not classy?

    Wake, I dunno who you are but I suggest you refrain from attacking am again.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #43
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Class act? You call me a moron and imply I am the one not classy?

    Wake, I dunno who you are but I suggest you refrain from attacking am again.
    Do you not see the irony here? You call any post "Racist" that does not agree with your assertion that we are still seeing the "after effects" of slavery in how badly Blacks are being "repressed". And now you're getting all sensitive when someone turns the tables on you? Rather juvenile, wouldn't you say?
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  4. #44
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    This is a bogus thread being repressed comes from the feelings an individual manifests, and not from something that happened to others in the past.

    News flash there are no former slaves still alive. However there are millions of black people who have fallen for the poor me BS they have been raised to believe because it's what Democrats planned long ago when it was clear that after the Civil War was lost and the fgiht against Civil Rights was about to be lost they had to find another way to oppress Black people and benefit from it at the same time.

    Incomes welfare and the claims that those nasty Conservatives hate you but we love you and want you to have something for nothing and it's okay if you can't find a job or finish school it's not your fault because you are being help back by the boogieman those Conservatives.

    Forget that it was a Republican president who fought to free the Slaves or that got the civil rights legislation past because of Republicans or that A Republican President ordered Federal troops in to enforce that the laws be enforced.

    Welfare has been used to hold people back for over 50 years, and that causes people to be repressed.

    In the process the Democrats claim to be helping and many think they are champions of the oppressed when it facy they are the oppressors and they gain a constituency along the way because they are great liars.

    Have you never wondered why MLK and almost all of his Family were Conservative Republicans.

    It's because he knew the truth and could see through the Democrat BS.

    If only half of the Democrats who claimed to march with MLK had marched there would have been no reason for the marches in the first place.

    You will notice that Conservative Black republicans are not living on welfare or in the ghetto, because they ignored the propaganda saw the light and worked hard to get an education in spite of all the lies have done well for themselves.
    Last edited by Councilman; 11-24-10 at 01:08 AM.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Have you never wondered why MLK and almost all of his Family were Conservative Republicans.
    Not really. Wasn't it the Republicans who once supported African Americans in more ways than one. But then didn't the Republican party chase the Southern White vote and lost the Black voters through that process?

    Don't blame ethnic minorities for not voting Republican, I wouldn't either. In many Western countries including UK, liberals are better suited for ethnic minorities.


  6. #46
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Do you not see the irony here? You call any post "Racist" that does not agree with your assertion that we are still seeing the "after effects" of slavery in how badly Blacks are being "repressed". And now you're getting all sensitive when someone turns the tables on you? Rather juvenile, wouldn't you say?
    Cease and Desist with the Personal Attacks! Discuss the topic and not ME!!!!!!!!!
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    Moderator's Warning:
    Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of SlaveryFocus on the topic; do not attack posters.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #48
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    What were the effects?
    Last edited by Laila; 11-24-10 at 02:06 AM.


  9. #49
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Sadly? Programs like affirmative action are still needed due to the racist kind of thinking going on in this thread.
    It's time to stop with affirmative action. The most important job in the world is held by a black man. We can now tell our black children honestly, that they can grow up to be anything they want. We need to stop concerning ourselves with skin color. I also think we need to get rid of things like the NAACP and the Congressional Black Cacaus.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #50
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Do You Understand Repression & After Effects of Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Wow, what a class act. Always have to see racism in everything, hmm? Typical liberal. Now, once I tell you I'm black, you'll shut up and stop being a moron?
    Uhoh....blacks shouldn't be conservatives. Don't you know we're all a bunch of gun totin', bible thumpin,' racists?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •