View Poll Results: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • invasive pat downs

    12 10.62%
  • Non invasive pat downs.

    31 27.43%
  • Subjected to radiation so you and or your children can be virtually stripped searched.

    17 15.04%
  • Real strip searches

    11 9.73%
  • Cavity search.

    53 46.90%
  • walking through a metal detector.

    52 46.02%
  • other

    29 25.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 497

Thread: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

  1. #371
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Ok. I'm done. I'm not going to argue with someone that doesn't know how to read english.
    I read English just fine. I also understand what's a footnote and what's the body of the text.

    This isn't on me, dude. You just got it wrong.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #372
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    posted this question in another thread. Curious to see if anyone has found the information yet... I've not seen aything.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059116069
    My guess is that it is sorely underreported, just like rape is. There is a stigma attached to reporting it, or they feel it isn't worth it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #373
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    I swear people have completely lost the ability for critical thinking these days. Hey look, the horse just ran out of the barn, go shut the door!

    Why does it matter where a terrorist bomb is detonated? How is it any less terrorizing for terrorists to blow up the hundreds of people waiting in line to go through these security check points then blowing up a plane in mid air? The first time they blow up the crowd at the security gate, air travel will be shut down and government officials will be scrambling to convince us they have taken the necessary precautions to prevent that from happening again.

    If we take the draconian steps necessary to prevent anyone from harming a plane, they will simply find another way to terrorize you. You either have to accept that bad things could always happen, or you have to give authorization for Orwellian solutions of monitoring people around the clock. If we are all monitored 24X7, we could put one hell of a dent in their ability to harm us. Is that where we are heading? Based on all the support I see from so many of you, it sure seems like that would find a scary level of support today.

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    My guess is that it is sorely underreported, just like rape is. There is a stigma attached to reporting it, or they feel it isn't worth it.
    I disagree. It's obviously worth reporting it, as it's making such a big stink. I'm just looking to see whether or not the stink is really warranted, based on the actual percentage of invasive pat-downs that generate a negative report from air travelers. I have no idea what percentage I'd find acceptable... I'd just like to see the numbers first.

  5. #375
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I swear people have completely lost the ability for critical thinking these days. Hey look, the horse just ran out of the barn, go shut the door!

    Why does it matter where a terrorist bomb is detonated? How is it any less terrorizing for terrorists to blow up the hundreds of people waiting in line to go through these security check points then blowing up a plane in mid air? The first time they blow up the crowd at the security gate, air travel will be shut down and government officials will be scrambling to convince us they have taken the necessary precautions to prevent that from happening again.

    If we take the draconian steps necessary to prevent anyone from harming a plane, they will simply find another way to terrorize you. You either have to accept that bad things could always happen, or you have to give authorization for Orwellian solutions of monitoring people around the clock. If we are all monitored 24X7, we could put one hell of a dent in their ability to harm us. Is that where we are heading? Based on all the support I see from so many of you, it sure seems like that would find a scary level of support today.
    My worry is that these unconstitutional searches will be extended to everywhere else and possibly video cameras everywhere. Because terrorists in other countries have blown up everything from bicycles to trains.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #376
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    My worry is that these unconstitutional searches will be extended to everywhere else and possibly video cameras everywhere. Because terrorists in other countries have blown up everything from bicycles to trains.
    I doubt that you really have anything to worry about. Oh sure you might start seeing a camera on every street corner eventually, but since it is a public place it is to be expected that you wouldn't have any privacy. But for things like putting chips in people and GPS trackers in cars....not going to happen.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #377
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I doubt that you really have anything to worry about. Oh sure you might start seeing a camera on every street corner eventually, but since it is a public place it is to be expected that you wouldn't have any privacy.
    If the same people who think the 4th amendment applies only in side your home with the curtains closed justify unconstitutional searches at airports then why would they not apply that everywhere else? After all Terrorist have blown up everything from bicycles to trains, which probably has happened more frequently than just someone flying planes into buildings.


    But for things like putting chips in people and GPS trackers in cars....not going to happen.
    I am sure years ago people never thought they would get virtually stripped searched when they are not even a suspect of crime and no warrant at a airport.But they are trying to GPS as a means to charge you extra taxes.

    Big Brother is riding shotgun: Oregon blames mandatory GPS for cars on hybrids — Autoblog Green



    As for the government mandating chip implants, they will probably find some other way or let the private companies do it for them by implanting chips into their employees.
    FT.com / Technology - US group implants electronic tags in workers
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #378
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If the same people who think the 4th amendment applies only in side your home with the curtains closed justify unconstitutional searches at airports then why would they not apply that everywhere else? After all Terrorist have blown up everything from bicycles to trains, which probably has happened more frequently than just someone flying planes into buildings.
    Because there is a line where it must stop.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I am sure years ago people never thought they would get virtually stripped searched when they are not even a suspect of crime and no warrant at a airport.But they are trying to GPS as a means to charge you extra taxes.

    Big Brother is riding shotgun: Oregon blames mandatory GPS for cars on hybrids — Autoblog Green
    The moment they start using it to track people instead of how many miles they drive on the roads for tax reasons then you will have a point. And I will be right there with you in telling them where to shove it. But the gov does need money in order to keep the roads up, and with the increasing usage of hybrid cars on the road how do you expect them to get that money with just a gas tax and still be fair? Believe me I don't like the idea either.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    As for the government mandating chip implants, they will probably find some other way or let the private companies do it for them by implanting chips into their employees.
    FT.com / Technology - US group implants electronic tags in workers
    There is a big difference between the chips in that article and GPS chips. One can track your location, the other has to be read with a scanner. Also even that company does not make it compulsory to have.

    If you're really that worried about people tracking you then I have to wonder if you have a cell phone? Every new cell phone now adays has gps trackers in em.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #379
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Because there is a line where it must stop.




    The moment they start using it to track people instead of how many miles they drive on the roads for tax reasons then you will have a point. And I will be right there with you in telling them where to shove it. But the gov does need money in order to keep the roads up, and with the increasing usage of hybrid cars on the road how do you expect them to get that money with just a gas tax and still be fair? Believe me I don't like the idea either.



    There is a big difference between the chips in that article and GPS chips. One can track your location, the other has to be read with a scanner. Also even that company does not make it compulsory to have.
    You must be totally oblivious to how incrementation works. You willingly gave the government an inch and you decided its alright if they try to take a mile.


    If you're really that worried about people tracking you then I have to wonder if you have a cell phone? Every new cell phone now adays has gps trackers in em.

    I have a cell phone however its treated like a land line, it doesn't leave the house. Also the battery can be taken out.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #380
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,897
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You must be totally oblivious to how incrementation works. You willingly gave the government an inch and you decided its alright if they try to take a mile.
    Nope I know how it works. I'm just not going to read a conspiracy into every little thing that I don't happen to like.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I have a cell phone however its treated like a land line, it doesn't leave the house. Also the battery can be taken out.
    And a GPS unit can be taken out of a car to. Even if it is slaved to the computer in the car.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •