View Poll Results: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • invasive pat downs

    12 10.62%
  • Non invasive pat downs.

    31 27.43%
  • Subjected to radiation so you and or your children can be virtually stripped searched.

    17 15.04%
  • Real strip searches

    11 9.73%
  • Cavity search.

    53 46.90%
  • walking through a metal detector.

    52 46.02%
  • other

    29 25.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 497

Thread: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    This is the first time I've been cracked up by a poll troll.

    More votes for cavity search than metal detector.
    Crack?

    Cavity search?




  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?


  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Women are among the biggest protesters of the body scanners.
    Evidence???

  4. #364
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Perhaps because the part that Brown is mentioned is in a different paragraph completely?


    No, it isn't. It's the in the same sentence. You're confusing a FOOTNOTE (#12) with a PARAGRAPH.

    I guess that shows how many opinions you've read.

    In any case, there was no period there. You put that in yourself.



    Nope, because the part that mentions Brown is talking about him trying to back out of the security check after they had already discovered that there was "something" in that pocket.
    No, that would make no sense; Brown doesn't have anything to do with that.



    It is dishonest of you to try to say that I did not put things in proper context. You are the one that is trying to be dishonest by stating that I did something when I did not. And anyone can check what I just quoted by simply checking out the link that I had provided before. Which I will give again.
    Then perhaps it was just incompetence, as I pointed out above, and unfamiliarity with judicial opinions. But I assumed competence, and the placement of a period which wasn't there led me to believe it was intentional and dishonest. I will keep all this in mind in further interactions.


    Again, I am not talking about the searches by themselves or how they are done. I am talking about giving consent by attempting to go through the security check point. What is so hard to understand about that? Why is it so hard to understand that you can give up your rights by giving consent? And that you give consent when and only when you attempt to go through that security checkpoint? Seriously here folks, Its not rocket science.
    You jumped in defending Guy (which he refuses to do for himself, even now), so naturally it appeared that you were defending HIS points. I wasn't addressing YOUR points, but HIS.

    And who defines what is minimally intrusive? You? A muslim packing a bomb? In any case did you not read what I wrote?
    Brown is the controlling case. Note that I never claimed conclusively that the full-body scanners could never pass the test, only that they're obviously not the same thing as metal detectors and thus they need to be tested. The court in Hartwell did not do so, so Hartwell does not dispose of the issue.



    Hell I didn't even ask a question in that and yet you write one sentence that is plainly an answer to.... something. I don't know what but it is plainly an answer to some question.
    Then perhaps you shouldn't jump into the middle of an argument you're not actually a part of and argue your own thing. As I said, I wasn't addressing YOU.



    Do you not know what it means to give your consent to do something? You seem to think that you cannot waive all of your rights away if you so choose. But you are dead wrong about that. You can waive ALL of your rights away at any time that you wish. In this case, by going through the security checkpoint, you are waiving away your 4th amendment rights.
    There are numerous things you cannot waive. You cannot waive your right to life. You cannot, say, tell a cop it's OK to slam your face into a table and then sign a confession -- you can still argue coercion and duress later. So no, you're wrong.



    Do tell, mind showing me the relevent parts?



    Which is what part? The use of the scanners? Or giving consent?



    First I've never stated that you give your consent when you buy a ticket. I have only mentioned giving consent the moment you attempt to walk through the security checkpoint. There is a difference.

    And yes, giving consent IS relevent. Completely and utterly so. If you do not give your consent and they still search you then they are violating your rights. If however you give your consent to be searched then you have waived away your 4th amendment rights. Which means that they do not apply. Which means that they could strip you down naked and give your bunghole a check. Provided that you knew that, that was a possibility before you attempted to go through.[/QUOTE]

    The rest of this speaks to an argument I wasn't making or arguing with. I was arguing with Guy, not you.

    But Hartwell absolutely is not only about consent, it's also about the level of intrusion, and you need to test both. That's right there in the conclusion, and in the part you erroneously thought was part of a different paragraph. It wasn't.

    And Guy, having refused to defend what HE, not YOU said, as they're different arguments, has conclusively proven he has no intention to.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #365
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    No, it isn't. It's the in the same sentence. You're confusing a FOOTNOTE (#12) with a PARAGRAPH.

    I guess that shows how many opinions you've read.

    In any case, there was no period there. You put that in yourself.
    I don't know why you keep insisting that I put it in myself. I copy/pasted the dang thing as it was in the PDF. Anyone can look it up themselves and see that. In any case the part that mentions brown is for footnote #13, not 12 as you can tell by the fact that there is a little 13 after the word "Brown" and then below that is where it talks about 13.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    But Hartwell absolutely is not only about consent, it's also about the level of intrusion, and you need to test both. That's right there in the conclusion, and in the part you erroneously thought was part of a different paragraph. It wasn't.
    Where did I ever say that Hartwell was only about consent? I've been argueing about one point so I used only one point.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #366
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I don't know why you keep insisting that I put it in myself. I copy/pasted the dang thing as it was in the PDF. Anyone can look it up themselves and see that. In any case the part that mentions brown is for footnote #13, not 12 as you can tell by the fact that there is a little 13 after the word "Brown" and then below that is where it talks about 13.
    Ok, then you've got this screwed up far worse than I originally thought.

    You began by quoting from the conclusion, then after "be" you tacked on the final sentence fragment from footnoote 11. That big black line is there for a reason.

    I quoted the sentence correctly, not mixing in any footnotes.


    Where did I ever say that Hartwell was only about consent? I've been argueing about one point so I used only one point.
    And I wasn't arguing with YOU about THAT point, so most of this was entirely unnecessary.

    But I do give you credit for being willing to defend your points.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #367
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Ok, then you've got this screwed up far worse than I originally thought.

    You began by quoting from the conclusion, then after "be" you tacked on the final sentence fragment from footnoote 11. That big black line is there for a reason.

    I quoted the sentence correctly, not mixing in any footnotes.
    So you're trying to say that this is the way it's suppose to look like...

    In conclusion, Hartwell’s search does not offend the Fourth Amendment even though it was initiated without individualized suspicion and was conducted without a warrant. It is permissible under the administrative search doctrine because the State has an overwhelming interest in preserving air travel safety, and the procedure is tailored to advance that interest while proving to be only minimally invasive, as that term is understood in Brown.13
    Instead of like this....

    In conclusion, Hartwell’s search does not offend the Fourth Amendment even though it was initiated without individualized suspicion and was conducted without a warrant. It is permissible under the administrative search doctrine because the State has an overwhelming interest in preserving air travel safety, and the procedure is tailored to advance that interest while proving to be administrative search doctrine.
    Since when is it customary for the footnotes to appear in the middle of a paragraph AND in the middle of a sentence?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #368
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Are you seriously going with this? Are you seriously contending that your construction is correct?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So you're trying to say that this is the way it's suppose to look like...



    Instead of like this....
    I'm not just saying it. That's the way it is.

    The way you have the sentence constructed using the footnote fragment doesn't even make grammatical sense.


    Since when is it customary for the footnotes to appear in the middle of a paragraph AND in the middle of a sentence?
    They don't. They appear in the lower part of the page, under the black lines. The footnotes are formatted correctly.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #369
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Are you seriously going with this? Are you seriously contending that your construction is correct?




    I'm not just saying it. That's the way it is.

    The way you have the sentence constructed using the footnote fragment doesn't even make grammatical sense.




    They don't. They appear in the lower part of the page, under the black lines. The footnotes are formatted correctly.
    Ok. I'm done. I'm not going to argue with someone that doesn't know how to read english.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    In case you have not seen the images from a backscatter imager...










    I'm cool with my junk showing like this. No biggie.

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •