View Poll Results: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • invasive pat downs

    12 10.62%
  • Non invasive pat downs.

    31 27.43%
  • Subjected to radiation so you and or your children can be virtually stripped searched.

    17 15.04%
  • Real strip searches

    11 9.73%
  • Cavity search.

    53 46.90%
  • walking through a metal detector.

    52 46.02%
  • other

    29 25.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 497

Thread: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

  1. #281
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Well, it's not an opinion question, it's a matter of law. You're the wrong one. Sorry.
    The board's legal expert has spoken, so I guess that's that.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The board's legal expert has spoken, so I guess that's that.
    You don't have to take my word for it, I think Kal'Stang was explaining it much better than I was.

    I think it's hilarious when people who are much smarter and more eloquent than me make my exact same point better than I ever could, and then people who disagree with them try to prove me wrong like I'm some great exponent. I may not be explaining the correct point of view particularly well, but that doesn't make you right.

    The fact that you cannot argue on the merits and resort to ad hominems whenever you are demonstrably wrong show the weakness of your position.

  3. #283
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You don't have to take my word for it, I think Kal'Stang was explaining it much better than I was.

    I think it's hilarious when people who are much smarter and more eloquent than me make my exact same point better than I ever could, and then people who disagree with them try to prove me wrong like I'm some great exponent. I may not be explaining the correct point of view particularly well, but that doesn't make you right.

    The fact that you cannot argue on the merits and resort to ad hominems whenever you are demonstrably wrong show the weakness of your position.
    Take a crack:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059113844

    Don't hide behind someone else. Do it yourself.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #284
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You don't have to take my word for it, I think Kal'Stang was explaining it much better than I was.

    I think it's hilarious when people who are much smarter and more eloquent than me make my exact same point better than I ever could, and then people who disagree with them try to prove me wrong like I'm some great exponent. I may not be explaining the correct point of view particularly well, but that doesn't make you right.

    The fact that you cannot argue on the merits and resort to ad hominems whenever you are demonstrably wrong show the weakness of your position.

    I don't care who said it. If someone is arguing that the government can seek third-party records from whoever it wants and the person whose records are being targeted has no legal recourse, then that person is wrong. Period.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #285
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I don't care who said it. If someone is arguing that the government can seek third-party records from whoever it wants and the person whose records are being targeted has no legal recourse, then that person is wrong. Period.
    That's where you're wrong. Nobody is arguing that. Like I said before, you obviously didn't understand the analogy.

    The government can't just take information from an ISP, but if they try to, the claim is between the government and the ISP, not the government and the user. If the government does do it, and the ISP doesn't object, the user has no claim to a fourth amendment protection. So long as the user consented to whatever the ISP/airline search policies are beforehand, consent is given, thus there is no illegal search of the user being performed. This is very basic stuff.

    Let me know if I need to give you any further painstaking explanations, I am only too happy to help educate you, my friend.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 11-21-10 at 03:30 PM.

  6. #286
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    That's where you're wrong. Nobody is arguing that. Like I said before, you obviously didn't understand the analogy.

    The government can't just take information from an ISP
    Oh, Guy. If you're right, why do you have to change your story?


    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    That analogy makes no sense. The government does have the ability to regulate internet service providers and e-mail companies, even mandating disclosure of all their files.


    Let me know if I need to give you any further painstaking explanations, I am only too happy to help educate you, my friend.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059113844

    Been waiting, but you've been playing your "pretend he didn't post" game. And it's not because you have me on ignore, because you've already responded to me directly.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post

    I'm not sure what you think that word means, but you're wrong.

    ORLY?

    Paradigm paralysis: Perhaps the greatest barrier to a paradigm shift, in some cases, is the reality of paradigm paralysis: the inability or refusal to see beyond the current models of thinking [6]. This is similar to what psychologists term Confirmation bias.
    Your Weltanschauung seems fairly limiting.

  8. #288
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    It's definitely an area where Al Qaeda has demonstrated a willingness to go, more than once. Did you miss the stories about the dry runs in airplane lavatories reported by airline personnel?
    No, what I missed were the stories showing that but for this program, this would be a huge problem.

    Is this an area of personal insecurity? I certainly don't have a perfect body, but I tend to believe that airport screeners are like gynecologists and proctologists, they get over being titillated by your junk pretty fast.
    I don't have a problem with it as I have a monster dong. Like I said, I've already gone through one before and didn't really care. The fact that I personally don't mind something doesn't mean that I can't recognize that it might be problematic for others.

    So lets say someone with explosives in their breast implants declines to go through the scanner. How will the patdown detect the explosives?

    Moreover, will the scanner even be able to tell the difference?

    I know you like Fox. Perhaps you'll actually read this link.
    I don't actually like Fox (or any other television news site). But hey, it's much easier to debate a caricature than an actual person, isn't it?

    Did you feel dirty and exposed?
    No, but as stated above, that's entirely irrelevant.

    There are reasons for these screening methods...they are a response to verified intel. When was the last time that liquids/gels were used on a plane? How about a shoe bomb?
    When was the last time that any of these screening procedures prevented any of those things?

    Putting these screening methods in place has eliminated these as possible tactics for Al Qaeda.
    And unless they've run out of possible tactics, you can't just say "it's eliminated that one tactic so the benefits must outweigh the costs."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #289
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Do you always go straight to ad hominems without making an argument? Have you actually got any reason to think I'm wrong? Do you know what the fourth amendment says?

    If the government mandated an ISP disclose all its files, that is between the ISP and the goverment, precisely analogous to the situation here between the airlines and the government. The user of the ISP and the airline passenger have no standing. Anything else I can clear up for you?
    Do you always derail a thread without controlling yourself?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #290
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Guess what folks, strip searches are actually happening......on children.

    YouTube - Young Boy strip searched by TSA
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •