View Poll Results: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • invasive pat downs

    12 10.62%
  • Non invasive pat downs.

    31 27.43%
  • Subjected to radiation so you and or your children can be virtually stripped searched.

    17 15.04%
  • Real strip searches

    11 9.73%
  • Cavity search.

    53 46.90%
  • walking through a metal detector.

    52 46.02%
  • other

    29 25.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 497

Thread: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

  1. #181
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fly Over Country
    Last Seen
    11-25-10 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    We are still an active target for these groups.
    We sure are - but it's not by blue-haired old ladies heading to Vegas or families of four heading to Disney that are out to get us. We need to Israelify our screening process and target those who are targeting us.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by topshelf View Post
    We sure are - but those groups aren't blue-haired bridge leagues and families heading to Disney. We need to Israelify our screening process.
    You realize that Israeli-style screening requires 3-4 hours for EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER? And you're whining about 20 minutes in a TSA line while pushing for vast government encroachment into people's civil liberties?

    Ridiculous. And stupid, to boot.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 11-20-10 at 12:08 AM.

  3. #183
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fly Over Country
    Last Seen
    11-25-10 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You realize that Israeli-style screening requires 3-4 hours for EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER? And you're whining about 20 minutes in a TSA line while pushing for vast government encroachment into people's civil liberties?

    Ridiculous.
    Incorrect - they have everyone on the plane inside of 40 minutes. You're just flat making stuff up now.


    "It is mindboggling for us Israelis to look at what happens in North America, because we went through this 50 years ago," said Rafi Sela, the president of AR Challenges, a global transportation security consultancy. He's worked with the RCMP, the U.S. Navy Seals and airports around the world.

    "Israelis, unlike Canadians and Americans, don't take s--- from anybody. When the security agency in Israel (the ISA) started to tighten security and we had to wait in line for — not for hours — but 30 or 40 minutes, all hell broke loose here. We said, 'We're not going to do this. You're going to find a way that will take care of security without touching the efficiency of the airport."

    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...-little-bother
    Last edited by topshelf; 11-20-10 at 12:14 AM.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I'm sorry, dude, I disagree. We are still an active target for these groups. The most recent attempted attack was 2 weeks ago. Flying is not a right. No one forces you to get onto a plane. You tacitly consent to security checks when you book your ticket.
    We're targets of a lot of groups. That's no excuse for unbridled government expansion against the rights and liberties of the individual. Flying in and of itself may not be a right, but we live in a Republic where free movement is assumed. We don't have check points in between states, we can go where we want. And there are times when flying is economically and temporally the only solution available. The US is a big place. If it were just Fort Collins to Denver, yeah I may be more inclined to agree. But there are over 3,000 miles coast to coast and it's not feasible to drive that. The airline companies take public money to stay afloat, and it takes public money to run the TSA, which is a government arm of enforcement and authority. Because of this, there has to be limitations. We do not unchain the dogs of the government against the people because of the ridiculously low probability of terrorist attack. And nothing will keep us 100% safe. In the absence of the absolute, I say that reasonable search is ok; but invasive and aggressive search is prohibited less there is evidence which necessitates it.
    Last edited by Ikari; 11-20-10 at 12:09 AM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by topshelf View Post
    Incorrect - they have everyone on the plane inside of 40 minutes. You're just flat making stuff up now.
    I think you don't know what you're talking about.

    Sorry, The El-Al Israeli Security Model Will Never Work Here

    Hacker News | Hi, I'm an Israeli who is at least passably familiar with how the security appar...

    So tell us all, Topshelf. What aspects of the Israeli model would you like to implement in the U.S., and how would you do it in a country where there are 30,000+ flights per day? El Al has 40 planes, TOTAL, that fly to 48 destinations.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    We're targets of a lot of groups. That's no excuse for unbridled government expansion against the rights and liberties of the individual. Flying in and of itself may not be a right, but we live in a Republic where free movement is assumed. We don't have check points in between states, we can go where we want. And there are times when flying is economically and temporally the only solution available. The US is a big place. If it were just Fort Collins to Denver, yeah I may be more inclined to agree. But there are over 3,000 miles coast to coast and it's not feasible to drive that. The airline companies take public money to stay afloat, and it takes public money to run the TSA, which is a government arm of enforcement and authority. Because of this, there has to be limitations. We do not unchain the dogs of the government against the people because of the ridiculously low probability of terrorist attack. And nothing will keep us 100% safe. In the absence of the absolute, I say that reasonable search is ok; but invasive and aggressive search is prohibited less there is evidence which necessitates it.
    I understand that this is your opinion, but I think you're wrong. I still love you, of course, you're just flat wrong on this one.

  7. #187
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fly Over Country
    Last Seen
    11-25-10 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think you don't know what you're talking about.

    Sorry, The El-Al Israeli Security Model Will Never Work Here

    Hacker News | Hi, I'm an Israeli who is at least passably familiar with how the security appar...

    So tell us all, Topshelf. What aspects of the Israeli model would you like to implement in the U.S., and how would you do it in a country where there are 30,000+ flights per day? El Al has 40 planes, TOTAL, that fly to 48 destinations.
    Duex, I'm happy to have a conversation with you but if you're going to get just flat pissy - well, I'm not interested in that.
    Last edited by topshelf; 11-20-10 at 12:26 AM.

  8. #188
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,981

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Resist the gov. View Post
    Because the full body scanners give you a very unhealthy dose of radiation that is why pilots are now refusing to go through them, and I wouldnt call feeling up someones "groan" or breasts a professional search. The reason they do the pat downs is to scare the public into using the body scanners.
    You also get a dose of radiation flying in the plane from being high in the atmosphere. We are exposed to some radiation all the time, should people not get x-rays or MRIs?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #189
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Bomb-sniffing dogs and profiling.


    That's pretty much it.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #190
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: What should you be subjected to in order to fly on airplane?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I understand that this is your opinion, but I think you're wrong. I still love you, of course, you're just flat wrong on this one.
    Well then, we'll have to agree to disagree. I can't honestly put anything above the rights and liberties of the individual.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •