View Poll Results: Is Obama a lame duck?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 54.55%
  • No

    25 45.45%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Is Obama a lame duck?

  1. #51
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    [QUOTE=zimmer;1059155801]
    Junior... the election was historic, game changing... decisive.
    That depends how you define historic, game changing and decisive. The GOP broke their own no earmarks within days. The GOP just agreed to a plan that will expand the deficit. Winning elections with wide margins when the country thinks you are just as worthless as your opponent is hardly "decisive."

    You can throw in whatever you believe they sold across the country... but in short the people were pissed at the spending and ObamaKare.
    Actually people were pissed off for a variety of reasons. Furthermore, the lack of youth vote as normal during midterms really hurt the Democrats. The GOP hardly won. The Democrats gave them the election.

    You are looking purely at numbers and nothing else. Hence why I asked if the Democrats won decisively in 2006? You failed to answer.

    They won in a historic fashion.
    Which to you means numbers and nothing else. I see you are ignoring the poll after poll after poll showing contemptuous views of the GOP by the public at the same level as the Democrats. But no one ever described you an honest person.

    Don't you ever tire of getting your ass kicked Junior?
    I didn't vote for Obama in 2008. Furthermore, you get your ass kicked here all of the time. I rarely lose arguments. You rarely win them.

    Doesn't change the fact the election was decisive.
    So you believe, despite having no coherent thoughts and a public who thinks they are worthless as the Democrats they won decisively?

    You should read up on what Rubio said. He fully acknowledges the GOP did not win this election anywhere near decisively and they are on an exceedingly short leash. They do one bad thing, and it's likely game over.

    I have no idea... let me know when you find out. I'll pass it on to your relatives just in case you forget to take your meds.
    Ah illusions of grandeur.

    Yeah... for 100-years R's have been itching to inch towards ObamaKare
    Yes actually. Go look up the history of the proposals within the health care bill. They ain't Democrat. Funniest **** is that we get a Democrat president in office who enacts Republican agenda items and the die hard Republican hacks crucify him for it.

    Forcing people to by insurance, and fining them if they do not? That's the Republican's position??? In your mind perhaps.
    And Nixon's. And the Heritage Foundation's. I guess you think they aren't aligned with Republicans eh?

    Health insurance mandate began as a Republican idea - The Boston Globe

    Zimmer fail. Once again.

    You really outta to fact check before mouthing off like that in the future.

    You are as thick as a brick.
    Says the guy who is arguing Nixon and the Heritage Foundation never held Republican ideas.

    See how easy it is to get hits in on you? You never bother to fact check before opening your mouth.

    The argument has been about a line T.E.D. posted ages ago about the election not being either decisive or historic... but you pull your age-old tactics of trying to twist the argument and put words into folks mouths that never uttered them.
    Good luck proving that. That's your standard line when my foot is down your throat. But you have to write it for obvious reasons.

    You just can't seem to expunge that poison from your system. But I will always help you overcome this mental disorder whenever I can..
    Hey, better then being a compulsive liar.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #52
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Your point was the election was not a decisive victory.
    Yep, I've said that several times. I've even demonstrated it with simple common sense -- neither party controls Congress, come January, ergo nothing has actually been decided by the election in and of itself, ergo the election was not a decisive victory.

    I've also clearly stated that you can only call it "historic" if you you mean "historic comeback from totally getting your ass kicked to having some kind of influence over what happens."

    Your consistent response has been to make fun of me and repeat your mantra and provide no other argument to back up your assertion.

    YHL HAND
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #53
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    There will always be gays in the military-always have been and always will be. People need to deal and get the hell over it.
    And there is a policy in place to deal with it. Were already over it. The military is just fine, but can't say the same about the economy.
    Caitlyn Strong...

  4. #54
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    That depends how you define historic, game changing and decisive. The GOP broke their own no earmarks within days. The GOP just agreed to a plan that will expand the deficit. Winning elections with wide margins when the country thinks you are just as worthless as your opponent is hardly "decisive."
    Ah... good try. We were talking about the election being decisive, and historic... and it is game changing. You can attempt to twist the election results, but it doesn't chenge the fact. From the governor's houses across the state, in the state houses and on the Hill... an all-American ass whoop'in.

    Actually people were pissed off for a variety of reasons. Furthermore, the lack of youth vote as normal during midterms really hurt the Democrats. The GOP hardly won. The Democrats gave them the election.
    Yeah... that's why the Dead Kennedy seat went to an R before Dead Kennedy's body was cold. The ignorant... I mean the youth vote is never large. It's always overestimated. It's not a wonder they want the ignorant youth to vote.

    Keep trying to spin... it was an a historic ass kicking. Hell, even the left couldn't deny it.

    You are looking purely at numbers and nothing else. Hence why I asked if the Democrats won decisively in 2006? You failed to answer.
    The Dems Foley Wabbit worked wonders in 2006. The Obama Wabbt worked OK in 2008. They'z wunn'in ouda wabbits.

    Which to you means numbers and nothing else. I see you are ignoring the poll after poll after poll showing contemptuous views of the GOP by the public at the same level as the Democrats. But no one ever described you an honest person.
    First... they voted for Republicans in massive numbers... not just federally but at the state level. And Krauthammer backed up my game changing charge; that Dems seeking survival will go along with R's on key votes. The Tea Party movement isn't dead... it's just getting rolling.

    I didn't vote for Obama in 2008.
    Frankly your word cannot be trusted. You're a snake who has difficulty correctly referencing what others have stated, so why in the world should I believe you on this?

    Furthermore, you get your ass kicked here all of the time. I rarely lose arguments. You rarely win them.
    ROTFLOL... I've listed the arguments you've gotten your ass kicked. You hit about as often as Charlie Brown.

    So you believe, despite having no coherent thoughts and a public who thinks they are worthless as the Democrats they won decisively?
    Look at the election... if they thought them as worthless as the Dems, the election wouldn't have been historic and decisive.

    You should read up on what Rubio said. He fully acknowledges the GOP did not win this election anywhere near decisively and they are on an exceedingly short leash. They do one bad thing, and it's likely game over.
    If they behave like Dems it's over. No question.

    Ah illusions of grandeur.
    Well, no... I'm not the one on meds, or has anger management problems... as you admitted... being angry 95% of the time.

    Yes actually. Go look up the history of the proposals within the health care bill. They ain't Democrat. Funniest **** is that we get a Democrat president in office who enacts Republican agenda items and the die hard Republican hacks crucify him for it.
    From The One: "...So I pass a signature piece of legislation, where we finally get health care for all Americans, something that Democrats have been fighting for for a hundred years..."
    President Obama to Democrats: It's Not Enough to Have 'a Purist Position' and Feel 'Sanctimonious' -- We Need 'Victories for the American People' - Political Punch

    Yep... Republicans have been pushing for unconstitutional healthkare for ages... that's why they signed on to HillaryKare in 1994. Oh snap! They didn't?

    Health insurance mandate began as a Republican idea - The Boston Globe

    Zimmer fail. Once again.

    You really outta to fact check before mouthing off like that in the future.
    I see it went far... and it's been their platform for 100-years. People make mistakes... even republicans... but a bit of communism as their platform for a century? No. That's the SAPs.

    Says the guy who is arguing Nixon and the Heritage Foundation never held Republican ideas.
    Nixon wasn't a conservative... he's responsible for the EPA among other idiocy... No R is perfect, but they certainly haven't been proponents of ObamaKare for a century.

    See how easy it is to get hits in on you? You never bother to fact check before opening your mouth.
    And you take the one off and hold as a party position for generations.

    Good luck proving that. That's your standard line when my foot is down your throat. But you have to write it for obvious reasons.
    LOL... the election was decisive... historic, game changing, and anomalies do not a party platform make.

    Try again Junior.

    You grasped at straws... and once again got your ass kicked.

    Hey, better then being a compulsive liar.
    You have a nasty habit of accusing others of lying, when you are the meister of inserting words into people's mouths they never stated, and twisting their arguments out of proportion. It's a mental deficiency, it's a sign of dishonesty at an amazing level because it is ever recurring... it is your MO and it is known DP-wide. It's sad, but it's your and your family's problem.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-14-10 at 01:59 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #55
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Yep, I've said that several times.
    And you've also stated the election wasn't historic!
    Absurd.

    I've even demonstrated it with simple common sense -- neither party controls Congress, come January, ergo nothing has actually been decided by the election in and of itself, ergo the election was not a decisive victory.
    Reagan won a decisive election and it gave him the leverage to do much with a Congress he didn't control.

    What we just had is a decisive election from state houses to Capitol Hill. It has the ability to bend Libs, before they are broken in 2012. Their party is in disarray, and they know they're in the cross hairs.

    "I've even demonstrated it with simple common sense"... and well... it's just opinion, and doesn't change the fact there are political pressures that come with getting your ass kicked in a decisive and historic election. I have to laugh, you tried crapping on my "opinion", yet yours is untouchable?

    I've also clearly stated that you can only call it "historic" if you you mean "historic comeback from totally getting your ass kicked to having some kind of influence over what happens."
    Well, there were no qualifiers in your original statement... but picking up 63 seats is historic... as is the Dems getting their asses booted in record time.

    Your consistent response has been to make fun of me and repeat your mantra and provide no other argument to back up your assertion.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.... Well, you shouldn't have tried to flame me with your lame attempt about my linguistic skills. It's a losing proposition. You recall... or is your memory feeble too?

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-14-10 at 07:06 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #56
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    And you've also stated the election wasn't historic!
    There you go again, quoting selectively and out of context. That wasn't all I said. Absurd, indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Reagan won a decisive election and it gave him the leverage to do much with a Congress he didn't control.
    We're not talking about Reagan.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What we just had is a decisive election from state houses to Capitol Hill. It has the ability to bend Libs, before they are broken in 2012. Their party is in disarray, and they know they're in the cross hairs.
    Actually, no. What we just had is an election that split Congress down the middle. Democrats are running for cover after pissing off a bunch of the voters, and thanks to the Tea Party movement the Republican party is in the process of cannibalizing itself. The Democratic leadership is fairly unpopular, and the Republicans have no leadership to speak of.

    Sounds like a Mexican standoff to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ... and well... it's just opinion, and doesn't change the fact there are political pressures that come with getting your ass kicked in a decisive and historic election. I have to laugh, you tried crapping on my "opinion", yet yours is untouchable?
    My position is based on fact, not opinion. The election results clearly divided Congress, and both parties clearly have leadership problems, and the Republicans clearly don't know what the hell to do with the Tea Party movement.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #57
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Ah... good try. We were talking about the election being decisive, and historic... and it is game changing.
    Which to you means nothing but numbers. You don't even define your own criteria.

    You can attempt to twist the election results, but it doesn't chenge the fact.
    What fact? You didn't define your terms. And you think anyone who disagrees with your undefined, unstated criteria is twisting words. Really, honesty is not something that would ever describe you in any measure.

    From the governor's houses across the state, in the state houses and on the Hill... an all-American ass whoop'in.
    With no coherent plan. The Republicans won 2010 for the same reason the Democrats won 2006. Neither was decisive.

    Yeah... that's why the Dead Kennedy seat went to an R before Dead Kennedy's body was cold. The ignorant... I mean the youth vote is never large.
    Clearly you are ignorant of the youth vote in 2008. Not to mention ignorant in everything else. 4.3 million additional youth voted in 2008.

    It's always overestimated. It's not a wonder they want the ignorant youth to vote.
    Better then ignorant people like you.

    Keep trying to spin... it was an a historic ass kicking. Hell, even the left couldn't deny it.
    Where historic means anything you want it to be. You failed to define your terms and now you accuse me of twisting words you never stated. How can I twist something that never existed? More Zimmer Fail.

    First... they voted for Republicans in massive numbers... not just federally but at the state level. And Krauthammer backed up my game changing charge; that Dems seeking survival will go along with R's on key votes. The Tea Party movement isn't dead... it's just getting rolling.
    Thanks for admitting your definition of decisive is only numbers.

    Frankly your word cannot be trusted.
    Better then you. You can't be trusted. Furthermore, those who say that are those who lose to me. Do you ever see RightinNYC say that? No. Because my foot isn't down his throat all of the time. You bitch because you can never win.

    You're a snake who has difficulty correctly referencing what others have stated, so why in the world should I believe you on this?
    Good luck proving that. Oh wait. You can't.

    ROTFLOL... I've listed the arguments you've gotten your ass kicked. You hit about as often as Charlie Brown.
    Actually you listed arguments where I turned you into ground beef, shaped you into a a patty, put you on a grill and had lunch. Your inability to understand and process basic English much less logic is why you declare victory when everyone else sees you gasping for air as someone has their boot on your throat.

    Look at the election... if they thought them as worthless as the Dems, the election wouldn't have been historic and decisive.
    Too bad 49% think the GOP is just as worthless as the Democrats.

    If they behave like Dems it's over. No question.
    Clearly you never bothered to read what he said. Typical Zimmer Fail. Lazy.

    Well, no... I'm not the one on meds, or has anger management problems... as you admitted... being angry 95% of the time.
    Still can't kick that compulsive liar problem I see?

    Yep... Republicans have been pushing for unconstitutional healthkare for ages... that's why they signed on to HillaryKare in 1994. Oh snap! They didn't?
    Changing the subject to avoid admitting you were wrong eh? Once again, this is why you can never be defined as honest. Rather then admit that Republicans have indeed come up with the original mandate, you run away like a coward. Because, frankly you are a coward.

    I see it went far... and it's been their platform for 100-years. People make mistakes... even republicans... but a bit of communism as their platform for a century? No. That's the SAPs.
    Nice fallacy of raising the bar there. New moniker: Zimmer the Dishonest Fail.

    What's honesty? Don't ask Zimmer. He hasn't got a clue.

    Nixon wasn't a conservative.
    Again, use of fallacy of raising the bar.

    You said this "Forcing people to by insurance, and fining them if they do not? That's the Republican's position??? In your mind perhaps."

    Nixon was a Republican president. Now you go and use more dishonesty. I used to think Goobie was the most dishonest poster here. He's a boy scout compared to you.

    he's responsible for the EPA among other idiocy
    I guess you think arsenic in your water and particulates in your air are fine.

    but they certainly haven't been proponents of ObamaKare for a century.
    Again "Forcing people to by insurance, and fining them if they do not? That's the Republican's position??? In your mind perhaps."

    More dishonest from Zimmer Fail.

    LOL... the election was decisive... historic, game changing, and anomalies do not a party platform make.
    To which your stated definition is numbers and numbers alone.

    You completely ignore how the public views the GOP was poorly as the Democrats.
    You completely ignore how the GOP has no bloody plan.
    You completely ignore how the public polls show little support for actual GOP agenda items.

    HACK. You. Are.

    You grasped at straws... and once again got your ass kicked.
    See above. Btw, I'm off to clean my boots.

    You have a nasty habit of accusing others of lying, when you are the meister of inserting words into people's mouths they never stated, and twisting their arguments out of proportion
    .

    Wrong again. Your demonstrated inability to comprehend basic logic and utilize critical thinking is largely why you accuse me of such slander. I merely take your argument's logic to show why your argument is effectively worthless. Due to your inability to follow this due to various reasons, you think I'm twisting words. You clearly lack the capacity to follow your own logic to its conclusion. No one here has agreed with you on that position, even in the basement. You are basically an exceptionally poor debater with no real comprehension of argumentation.

    It's a mental deficiency, it's a sign of dishonesty at an amazing level because it is ever recurring... it is your MO and it is known DP-wide. It's sad, but it's your and your family's problem.
    Too bad you can't prove that.

    You can't win an argument. So you invent ******* reasons to attack your opponent on. Quite sad really.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #58
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    There you go again, quoting selectively and out of context. That wasn't all I said. Absurd, indeed.
    Well, what can you expect from a dishonest hack?

    My position is based on fact, not opinion.
    Hence why he has a problem with your position.

    The election results clearly divided Congress, and both parties clearly have leadership problems, and the Republicans clearly don't know what the hell to do with the Tea Party movement.
    Ah, but you forget, the only criteria Zimmer will accept here is numbers. Nothing else matters to him. But note his massive raging hypocrisy about the 2006 election.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #59
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Which to you means nothing but numbers. You don't even define your own criteria.
    63 House seats... ass kickings in the states... picking up 7-senate seats since Brown's win. Nah... not decisive. Only in the mind of a moron. Hell... even the leftists admitted it was an ass kicking of historic proportions and a decisive victory.

    I guess that's why the Libs aren't in disarray, and Obama is gunning for a fight, and have Dems turning on Dems.

    Stopping the idiocy on the left is game changing alone. That it will bend many in the senate worried about 2012... the R's holed the chamber that sets the course when a whole rash of seats... is like kind. But hey! LOL... you don't think it' decisive or historic!

    Psssssssssst> That's not only the numbers if you had read my previous posts... but no... you like to play your deviant games.

    The youth vote in 2008 was an anomaly... not normal... Cult Induced... get it? It was an anomaly...just as the other crap you posted and tried to pass for a longtime Repulican platform.
    Once again... illustrating you are the devious and deviant one.

    As you were...

    From one of the left's favorite sources.
    A decisive victory is an indisputable military victory of a battle that determines or significantly influences the ultimate result of a conflict.
    Decisive victory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Doh... no the election wasn't an indisputable victory for the right, won't significantly influeunce the idiocy the left has foisted upon us.

    Really? ... you and T.E.D. are a match.


    Too bad you can't prove that.

    You can't win an argument. So you invent ******* reasons to attack your opponent on. Quite sad really.
    ROTFLOL... you've had your ass kicked... just as you had with taxes (where you did youself in ... in your very first post... LOL), shoe boxes for cars, Bremen, the autobahn... any time we've matched up... your ass gets kicked... Go to the basement, that's where you've been laid bare for the word twisting, word inserting, angry 95% of the time deviant you are. Or do you suffer from terminal amnesia?

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-16-10 at 02:51 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #60
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is Obama a lame duck?

    Wow. Thanks Zimmer for explicitly coming out and arguing that my argument was indeed true. You infer I'm an idiot and then repeat my argument about your argument. Way to go there kiddo.

    Your sole criteria is numbers. Nothing else matters to you. Hence why your posts are worthless. There's nothing resembling critical thinking going on. It's basically a self engaged partisan circle jerk.

    The "arguments" you are citing are merely more evidence that you only view what you wish to view. Anyone can go look up those arguments and see you running away cowardly from my posts' content.

    And the wiki link doesn't support your argument. The Dems smashed the GOP in 2006. Was that decisive? Numbers alone do not decide if something was decisive or not. It's a sad fact you can't grasp that.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 12-16-10 at 02:43 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •