View Poll Results: Are restrictions on the purchase/sale of firearms constitutional?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 37.80%
  • No

    43 52.44%
  • Other

    8 9.76%
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 647

Thread: 2nd amendment rights.

  1. #581
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you like putting words in peoples mouths dont you LOL
    who said background checks stop criminals from getting guns? oh thats right not me thats just something you said to try and make a point nobody was arguing against lol
    Then why support such unconstitutional things as background checks and registrations? You must think those things work if you think "its the RIGHT thing to do".


    also the same COULD be said but as long as its regulated within reason Im totally fine with it
    Regulated within reason is a subjective term. One man's reasonable regulation could actually be infringement.

    guess Ill be dramatic to and exaggerate.
    I dont want nutballs to have "easier" access to fully automatic guns with explosive rounds lol.
    "i" am a law abiding citizen so I like other law abiding citzens have no problem getting arms so like I said Im fine with the regulations.

    A nutball is going to get his hands on those things regardless of what the law says. The anti-2nd amendment laws are not for the criminals, it is an attempt to disarm or severally make sure the population is inadequately armed.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #582
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Then why support such unconstitutional things as background checks and registrations? You must think those things work if you think "its the RIGHT thing to do".
    in certain cases they do work and thats a fact, and it is the right thing to do 100%
    in certain cases they dont work but that won't make me abandon all logic and get rid of them lol

    sometimes police, helmets, birthcontrol, seatbeats, streetlights etc etc etc dont work so lets get rid of them, no thanks thats dumb




    Regulated within reason is a subjective term. One man's reasonable regulation could actually be infringement.[/QUOTE]
    I agree it is subjective still no logical reason to do nothing, one mans reasonable thoughts could be to shoot your house up with a maching-gun shot gun (yes they do make them and they are awesome) do you not want to infringe on that either.

    listen the bottom line is you are being dramatic for the sake of nothing but to be dramatic. To do nothing is clearly worse.

    the regulation is up to us to decide




    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    A nutball is going to get his hands on those things regardless of what the law says. The anti-2nd amendment laws are not for the criminals, it is an attempt to disarm or severally make sure the population is inadequately armed.
    this maybe true but I dont want to make it easier for him LOL these laws do also stop some nutballs so id rather have them than not have them thats just common sense

    also your opinion of what is anti-2nd amendment and their purpose is very blanket like and opinion.

    id rather live with regulation then none, better and safer for me, my family, my kids, my friends and neighbors.

    I can get guns and have guns so it seems the current regulation is just fine.

    If you would like to debate an example of over regulation, like where a guy/girl couldnt get a gun and it caused them harm, we can. I very well may agree with you and why it was bad regulation in that case but I will never sign off on the reckless irresponsibility of NO regulation.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #583
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    in certain cases they do work and thats a fact, and it is the right thing to do 100%
    in certain cases they dont work but that won't make me abandon all logic and get rid of them lol
    Then what evidence do have that back ground checks prevent criminals from getting guns? Any evidence that firearm registrations solve crimes?

    sometimes police, helmets, birthcontrol, seatbeats, streetlights etc etc etc dont work so lets get rid of them, no thanks thats dumb
    There is evidence those things work plus none of those things violate the constitution.



    I agree it is subjective still no logical reason to do nothing, one mans reasonable thoughts could be to shoot your house up with a maching-gun shot gun (yes they do make them and they are awesome) do you not want to infringe on that either.
    If that man can a automatic shotgun then what would stop everyone else from getting one? I do not think he would be stupid to shoot up my home if I and my neighbors have the same weapons.


    the regulation is up to us to decide
    No its not. Shall not infringe is written on the constitution.





    also your opinion of what is anti-2nd amendment and their purpose is very blanket like and opinion.
    When you support an infringement on a right that says no infringement then you are not pro-2nd amendment.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #584
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Sorry, but I don't want a convicted felon with an IQ of 80, or a schizophrenic with a history of violent behavior and not taking his meds having free and easy access to firearms. If I'm not mistaken, the NRA agrees with this position, also.

    One can lose rights through inappropriate behavior. Commit a crime and it's easy to find out how quickly rights disappear. Even the right to vote, in some states.

    Case in point, the gentleman in Florida who held the school board hostage. It never should have happened in the first place. He was sick and quit taking his meds. He was a felon, most likely because of his mental illness. He needed treatment. And he damn sure never should have had a firearm. Isn't that common sense?

    But then I would also note; while some organizations spend hundreds of millions of dollars on their right to bear arms unconditionally, the beneficiaries of that mountain of money cuts funding for programs that would actually help people like this man, and the greater community at large. For a fraction of the cost.
    Last edited by Kev316; 12-18-10 at 12:38 AM.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  5. #585
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Then what evidence do have that back ground checks prevent criminals from getting guns? Any evidence that firearm registrations solve crimes?
    seriously? LMAO
    can a felony get a gun legitimately? NO lol


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    There is evidence those things work plus none of those things violate the constitution.
    and there is evidence that regulation works too lol
    nor does the constitution have much to do with it with your prior argument, you just said implied they dont work lol





    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If that man can a automatic shotgun then what would stop everyone else from getting one? I do not think he would be stupid to shoot up my home if I and my neighbors have the same weapons.
    really? why not because you say so? where that "proof" you so ask for this is nothing more than wishful thinking and you CLEALRY did not answer the question, the question was would you infringe on his thoughts




    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    No its not. Shall not infringe is written on the constitution.
    LMAO meaning what?
    it can infact still up to us






    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    When you support an infringement on a right that says no infringement then you are not pro-2nd amendment.
    simply nothing more than your opinion
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #586
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev316 View Post

    Case in point, the gentleman in Florida who held the school board hostage. It never should have happened in the first place. He was sick and quit taking his meds. He was a felon, most likely because of his mental illness. He needed treatment. And he damn sure never should have had a firearm. Isn't that common sense?
    That's a very good case in point. Had those officials been allowed to carry on school grounds the assault could have been put to an end very early on.

    Unless you're saying that the school board was composed of criminals with IQs of 80....I can't really argue with that.

  7. #587
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Central Illinois
    Last Seen
    12-25-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's a very good case in point. Had those officials been allowed to carry on school grounds the assault could have been put to an end very early on.

    Unless you're saying that the school board was composed of criminals with IQs of 80....I can't really argue with that.
    We were not discussing current gun law. We were discussing whether or not all people, under any circumstance, be allowed to purchase a fire arm, no questions asked. I find it odd that you seem to prefer killing the man over helping him in the first place, but that's a different subject.

    Ultra-righties really still believe people actually want their guns and bibles? Really? Those wars are pretty well over, son, if they ever existed in the first place. This year, the NRA convention was a joke. There is no pending legislation, restricting guns doesn't appear in the Democratic platform anymore, and the Supreme Court has settled the issue (Dems tend to actually respect Supreme Court decisions, even when we don't like them). So this year, instead of addressing 2ed amendment issues, it was a good old fashioned ultra-conservative political barn-burner. The speaker list was fascinating. Look it up sometime. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, the NRA has become another professional right organization bilking paranoid people.
    I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic. - Abigail Adams

  8. #588
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    seriously? LMAO
    can a felony get a gun legitimately? NO lol
    True.

    But that might just mean it is easier for this hypothetical felon to acquire one.

    Since the felon can't buy one legally, if the felon actually wants one, the only option is illegally - likely bypassing all the registration, wait times, etc., etc.....

    Of course, the danger level would potentially be higher - but it's a convicted felon - likely that is less of an issue...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #589
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    The very idea that gun laws make it hard for ex-felons, loonies and druggies to get guns is laughable, or would be if it weren't so serious.

    I'm an ex-cop. I've known literally hundreds of felons. Most of them re-arm themselves upon their exit from jail or prison within 24 hours. They know who to talk to.

    No gun laws are going to change that. Supporting the right of private citizens to have and carry arms will at least balance the equation.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #590
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: 2nd amendment rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    seriously? LMAO
    can a felony get a gun legitimately? NO lol
    Why would a criminal be worried about getting a gun legitimately when they can acquire one through illegal means? Seeing how private individuals do not have to do background checks then I am pretty sure that is another way a convicted felon can acquire a firearm. Again these anti-2nd amendment laws are only intended to disarm the law abiding or to make sure they are inadequately armed. They are not for the criminals who do not obey the law in the first place.

    How do firearm registrations prevent or help police solve crimes?


    and there is evidence that regulation works too lol
    nor does the constitution have much to do with it with your prior argument, you just said implied they dont work lol

    Then please show me news stories of firearm registrations helping police solve crime or preventing crimes and please show me news stories of how a waiting period stopped someone from blowing out somebody's head instead of just going through illegal means to buy a gun or simply waiting a few days later.





    really? why not because you say so? where that "proof" you so ask for this is nothing more than wishful thinking and you CLEALRY did not answer the question, the question was would you infringe on his thoughts
    If that nut can legally acquire a automatic shotgun then what would stop the regular joe from getting one? Criminals are not stupid they prey on the unarmed.No criminal is going to be stupid enough to attack a neighborhood of armed honest citizens. This is why mass shootings happen in places like schools where no body is armed.

    LMAO meaning what?
    Basically what it means. The government can not infringe on the 2nd amendment period.

    it can infact still up to us
    No its not. That would require adding another amendment to the constitution to repeal or alter the 2nd amendment to allow for infringements.


    simply nothing more than your opinion
    It is not merely my opinion it is a fact. You can not be pro-2nd amendment when you support infringements. There is no way around that.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •