View Poll Results: Does defense justify torture?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    37 48.68%
  • No

    25 32.89%
  • Other

    8 10.53%
  • Rootabega

    6 7.89%
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 410

Thread: Does defense justify torture?

  1. #331
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So you throw those names out there and then ask me who got tortured and when I point to the information that YOU posted, I can't answer the question for your assistance?
    Um...yes. It's very telling. Until I posted the three names among the tens of thousands that have been captured, everybody on this thread simply ran with the idea that America's torture machine was in full affect. And despite me posting the orders and laws of this nation banning waterboarding and torture for the last 4 years, you have insisted to be voicing against some tyrannical government that doesn't exist. Exaggeration, rumors, and deceit have and has always been extremism. It was me that had to offer the lot of you your own criticism. But even with these three being an exception part of this war and none since 2007, you still protest. For what?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    No, I'm running off the many distasteful things that this nation's government has done, then denied doing, then got caught doing.
    You are behaving as if it is happening right before your eyes, which it isn't. The facts and history of this are clear. Without the asumptions and possibilities, you really don't have anything beyond a philosophical stage of right and wrong. Who was waterboarded this year? Last year? The year before it? Before that?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #332
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Like what? Explain.
    You want me to explain to you how you did what you know you did, so that you can split hairs and lie some more?

    No, thanks. This isn't the first time you've taken shots at me in a cowardly fashion, it's hardly a misunderstanding on my part.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #333
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Right. They're talking about lining the walls with iron maidens. I hear that was in the black ops budget before Obama killed it.
    All it takes is a rumor. Of course, without the Democratic Party gloryfying it maybe it won't spread so viciously. So there's hope.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #334
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Um...yes. It's very telling. Until I posted the three names among the tens of thousands that have been captured, everybody on this thread simply ran with the idea that America's torture machine was in full affect.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that was about where I joined the thread. Nice try.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    And despite me posting the orders and laws of this nation banning waterboarding and torture for the last 4 years, you have insisted to be voicing against some tyrannical government that doesn't exist.
    And despite the government's documented history of doing all manner of distasteful, illegal things, you're acting as if it's simply not believable that the government continues to do things it shouldn't be doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    You are behaving as if it is happening right before your eyes, which it isn't. The facts and history of this are clear. Without the asumptions and possibilities, you really don't have anything beyond a philosophical stage of right and wrong. Who was waterboarded this year? Last year? The year before it? Before that?
    I know exactly what my government is capable of doing, based on the portion of its history which has been revealed for public consumption. So do you, but if you want to obfuscate that's your choice.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #335
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You want me to explain to you how you did what you know you did, so that you can split hairs and lie some more?

    No, thanks. This isn't the first time you've taken shots at me in a cowardly fashion, it's hardly a misunderstanding on my part.

    I would like you to explain what you were so sensitive about so I may straighten you out. It's all black and white for al to see. Does anybody else see it? Because right now, I have no clue where your childish hostility is coming from. You've used "coward" three times now. And all the while you refuse to man up what you are frustrated about.
    Last edited by MSgt; 11-13-10 at 04:10 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #336
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    I would like you to explain what you were so sensitive about so I may straighten you out. Because right now, I have no clue where your childish hostility is coming from. You've used "coward" three times now.
    Case in point.

    HAND
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #337
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    You win, MSgt.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  8. #338
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that was about where I joined the thread. Nice try.
    It doesn't matter when you joined. You have still not offerred a "who" this whole time. I have been the only one. You've only offerred the exaggerated gripe. It's the same crap the Democratic Party ran with to get elected and the same crap the Global Left clung too to satisfy their resenments and hatreds. In the mean time, our enemies used this exaggeration to legitimize their identities as the victim.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    And despite the government's documented history of doing all manner of distasteful, illegal things, you're acting as if it's simply not believable that the government continues to do things it shouldn't be doing.
    It is absolutely believable that our government is imperfect. We aren't the power we are because we cling to our moral pedestal all the time. But before you stand along side our enemies and our unfair and hypocritical international critics you really should be specific in your bitching. If you actually looked into it, you would find very little and certainly not enough to cut the legs off of our nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I know exactly what my government is capable of doing, based on the portion of its history which has been revealed for public consumption. So do you, but if you want to obfuscate that's your choice.
    Well, I know that my government is capable of dropping nuclear bombs. I know that my country is capable of killing a few to save a lot. The difference between you and I is that I won't pretend to be above the very thing that protects our life styles. In the end, you should be appreciative that in an imperfect and ruthless world our nation comes with moral rules and standards that are constantly criticized and tweaked into perfection. Stop your bitching. Nobody's being tortured. And if (when) the exception occurs you can feel good that it's not because of his ethnicity, religion, or color.
    Last edited by MSgt; 11-13-10 at 04:28 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  9. #339
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Case in point.

    HAND
    "Case in point"....a smiley face..... and then "hand?" What does this mean? You can't accuse me of hurting your feelings, call me a coward, and then avoid explaining your accusation.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #340
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Does defense justify torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Right. They're talking about lining the walls with iron maidens. I hear that was in the black ops budget before Obama killed it.
    You're being glib. Iron maidens aren't the only form of torture, but that is essentially what we're talking about here.

    So yes, the analogy is valid. People who defend torture of GITMO detainees today are the same sort of people who were defending the Spanish Inquisition 500 years ago (from a moral standpoint).

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •