View Poll Results: Do you want Palin on the 2012 Repbulican Presidential Ticket?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah!

    21 38.18%
  • No!

    34 61.82%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 152

Thread: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

  1. #31
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    I'll be upfront and say I use to love her - I use to be a Republican and I was thrilled when she came onto the scene.
    Now I'm not even a Republican and I can't stand her (gee- how things change)

    so putting aside my feelings - looking at the basics:

    She was brought into the race PURELY because of her connection to the oil-companies and how she dealt with them.
    That was IT.

    Remember - we were at the height of our ginormous gas-prices. Gas for me was $4.25/gallon - "Drill baby Drill' was the mantra. (remember that?)

    She was not brought in because she would have been a stellar leader for the country, an excellent guide for our citizens or because she had the ability to rally support. She was brought in because of her oil-situation and that was *it*

    Now she is no longer governor.
    THAT was her only tie to power and the ability to deal with oil companies and garner support.

    Now that is gone - wooosh, gone. And all that's left is useless, unemployed Palin.

    If anyone actually supports her *now* then they aren't a serious voter and they really don't give a **** about the issues. Because oil is no longer an issue. We're still cleaning up the glass from Obama's ceiling-shattering moments and our country is no better off.

    I hope *and pray* that people *stop* trying to set records and stir the pot. I really hope that everyone votes with the consideration of who will actually *get things done - and do them well* instead of voting for popularity and appeasement.

    Obama's black - does it matter?
    Clinton played the saxophone - did that help him in office?
    Bush, well - Bush rides horses - still, did it help?

    Yet these 'popularity' things that are more appropriate when you're making friends in school are *the issues* for many voters and this is what they *base their votes on*

    It's actually a bit disturbing - and when I look at things *that way* the idea of having peoples' voting rights curbed is slightly appealing. I mean - if someone's not going to make a sound, reasonable vote based on issues and facts - but more so on race, gender or location - then I don't actually WANT them choosing my future for me.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 11-07-10 at 12:53 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #32
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    She is a joke and not needed
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #33
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well knowing lots of high ranking Republicans including the newest senator (elect) from Ohio as well as 4 of the 5 founders of the Federalist Society and knowing that none of them see Palin as a viable contender in 2012, I would argue you are wrong.

    she is unelectable and those who run the party know that. she has been demonized by the press and was unable to overcome the picture they painted of her
    While that's all fine and well, the people don't think that. Specifically, the Tea Party (which has served to not only address a sizable amount of greivances the people legitimately have, but has served as a rallying point for the far-far-right) supports Sarah Palin. And that is a very, very dangerous position; given that voters are immmesaruably frustrated with government, and have to resort to the Tea Party...its going to screw our government up even more. Imagine what happens in 2 years when the conservative vote is split into the Republican Party and the Tea Party (as a third party or something distinguishable from the GOP)...the Dem's can only filibuster, and the GOP is going to be battling infighting against the Tea Party. And I think the GOP isn't going to have a majority because of the Tea Party split, if it happens.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #34
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    I would like to see a Republican candidate who would actually use their power to better the lives of anyone who isn't a billionaire. We haven't had any of those since before Regan.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  5. #35
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I disagree. Palin is extremely popular among the Republican party base. I think she is probably the most popular of all the front runners. The nod is hers if she wants it. The question is whether she wants it.
    I think you don't know much about those who run the party



  6. #36
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    I would like to see a Republican candidate who would actually use their power to better the lives of anyone who isn't a billionaire. We haven't had any of those since before Regan.
    addicting people to government handouts does not make their lives better
    the billionaires prefer welfare socialism not the the GOP agenda
    its those of us who actually get punished by ever increasing taxes who support the GOP



  7. #37
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    While that's all fine and well, the people don't think that. Specifically, the Tea Party (which has served to not only address a sizable amount of greivances the people legitimately have, but has served as a rallying point for the far-far-right) supports Sarah Palin. And that is a very, very dangerous position; given that voters are immmesaruably frustrated with government, and have to resort to the Tea Party...its going to screw our government up even more. Imagine what happens in 2 years when the conservative vote is split into the Republican Party and the Tea Party (as a third party or something distinguishable from the GOP)...the Dem's can only filibuster, and the GOP is going to be battling infighting against the Tea Party. And I think the GOP isn't going to have a majority because of the Tea Party split, if it happens.

    your concept of far far rigt is rather misguided



  8. #38
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your concept of far far rigt is rather misguided
    It would be if I thought the entire Tea Party was far far right, but its not. Most of it is the sort of people Jon Stewart's rally catered too, but on the conservative side. What the media covers is the far far right people because they make for better television, but at the same time it ends up demonizing the entire Tea Party. And then, going back to what I said in my last post, the Tea Party might lead to destabilization of the political process (with the same caveat that I wouldn't place a bet that it might actually happen; politics are too freaking crazy).
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #39
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I would say that Palin is the odds on favorite at this point to get the GOP nod.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I disagree. Palin is extremely popular among the Republican party base. I think she is probably the most popular of all the front runners. The nod is hers if she wants it. The question is whether she wants it.
    And you know this how? By reading blogs and Free Republic? DD, this isn't meant as a personal insults, but often your POV is like saying, I know all about Black culture because I've watched BET.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I'll be upfront and say I use to love her - I use to be a Republican and I was thrilled when she came onto the scene.
    Now I'm not even a Republican and I can't stand her (gee- how things change)

    so putting aside my feelings - looking at the basics:

    She was brought into the race PURELY because of her connection to the oil-companies and how she dealt with them.
    That was IT.

    Remember - we were at the height of our ginormous gas-prices. Gas for me was $4.25/gallon - "Drill baby Drill' was the mantra. (remember that?)

    She was not brought in because she would have been a stellar leader for the country, an excellent guide for our citizens or because she had the ability to rally support. She was brought in because of her oil-situation and that was *it*
    Agreed. People tend to forget that little tidbit. Once they saw an attractive woman, they couldn't get past it.

    Sarah Palin will not be on the ticket. She may be popular with some conservatives, but not popular in a viable candidate way. I have to ask about wishing she were on the ticket. Are you so hot to win at any cost that you'd really prefer to stifle real debate and opposing view points? Is Obama that weak that he can't face a formidable opponent? Because that really doesn't bode too well for our country if that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

    Sara Palin isn't a viable candidate anymore.


    2012: Jim DeMint.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •