View Poll Results: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 16.98%
  • Probably

    2 3.77%
  • Maybe

    8 15.09%
  • Probably not

    0 0%
  • No

    33 62.26%
  • Don't know

    1 1.89%
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 344

Thread: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

  1. #51
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    If you read the discussion that's already occurred, you'll understand there have already been several substantive exchanges. If you don't feel that you have something to offer that might add to what's been said, I'm sure there is some other thread that might interests you more. But if you do have meaningful thoughts on the discussion, they're welcome. Make a decision anytime.



    Feel free to specifically deny something I said. Any time. In fact, I'm straight-up daring you.


    "He tortured and murdered people."


    Who did he "tourture and murder"?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #52
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Don't encourage them.

  3. #53
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Don't encourage them.



    Good point. I find his sort of partisan hackery most distasteful.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Do you know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE?

    seriously? if you are going to insult me with your specious claims that I am "barking and frothing at the mouth" how about doing it with proper grammar
    Awesome way to dodge what I said. Classy.
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 11-05-10 at 12:45 PM.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    The point of this thread is that libertarian ideology is so easily puppeteered by people like Bush, Cheney, and Rove.
    No, the point of this thread is to attack libertarian political philosophy without backing up any of the attack. Nothing presented here has backed your point. You've just made another troll libertarian attack thread with as little intellectual honesty or value as possible. Congrats.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "He tortured and murdered people."

    Who did he "tourture and murder"?
    I'll give you two names and two hard references, although I could give you hundreds. Bush admits to torturing Khalid Sheik Mohammed.

    George W. Bush Admits Torture, Says He Would 'Do It Again' | CommonDreams.org

    Abu Zubayda's account of torture was confirmed by a CIA source.

    Six Questions for Jane Mayer, Author of The Dark Side?By Scott Horton (Harper's Magazine)

    As to the murders, the most concrete were two deaths under torture-interrogation. The ICRC (International Committee of The Red Cross) brought them to the attention of the CIA Inspector General, who wrote a classified report saying that the program under which they were interrogated was illegal, and that their deaths probably constituted war crimes. Dick Cheney summoned the report's author to a meeting, despite having no official authority over him or his agency, and the investigation was terminated shortly thereafter (ibid). There many other deaths under torture, but those were the most egregious, and went the furthest toward official recognition.

    Now, will you acknowledge the simple human truth of these atrocities?

  7. #57
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I'll give you two names and two hard references, although I could give you hundreds. Bush admits to torturing Khalid Sheik Mohammed.

    George W. Bush Admits Torture, Says He Would 'Do It Again' | CommonDreams.org

    Abu Zubayda's account of torture was confirmed by a CIA source.

    Six Questions for Jane Mayer, Author of The Dark Side?By Scott Horton (Harper's Magazine)

    As to the murders, the most concrete were two deaths under torture-interrogation. The ICRC (International Committee of The Red Cross) brought them to the attention of the CIA Inspector General, who wrote a classified report saying that the program under which they were interrogated was illegal, and that their deaths probably constituted war crimes. Dick Cheney summoned the report's author to a meeting, despite having no official authority over him or his agency, and the investigation was terminated shortly thereafter (ibid). There many other deaths under torture, but those were the most egregious, and went the furthest toward official recognition.

    Now, will you acknowledge the simple human truth of these atrocities?



    ***yawn*** So bush never tortured anyone. Thanks gotcha.... While you wine about the poor savages treatment, lets make sure you post some more asinine highly biased sources for your nonsense.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    ***yawn*** So bush never tortured anyone. Thanks gotcha...
    So your question was insincere. Big surprise.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    While you wine about the poor savages treatment
    This is the comment of a Libertarian?

  9. #59
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    BTW, why is a thread on libertarian philosophy leading to fascism (which still hasn't been demonstrated, thanks for the useful thread) devolved into a Bush debate? Someone should at least try to stay on target with this horrible troll attack thread.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #60
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    BTW, why is a thread on libertarian philosophy leading to fascism (which still hasn't been demonstrated, thanks for the useful thread) devolved into a Bush debate? Someone should at least try to stay on target with this horrible troll attack thread.

    D00d with this guy everything is still about bush.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •