View Poll Results: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 16.98%
  • Probably

    2 3.77%
  • Maybe

    8 15.09%
  • Probably not

    0 0%
  • No

    33 62.26%
  • Don't know

    1 1.89%
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 344

Thread: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Who said it's inadvertent?

    I think quite a few fascist Americans parade as libertarians to draw people into their clutches.

  2. #122
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Who said it's inadvertent?

    I think quite a few fascist Americans parade as libertarians to draw people into their clutches.
    really? I have never seen any proof of that. HOwever, I have see lots of fascists pretend to be liberals because liberals want the state to have more and more power to "make things fair" or to "take care of people" and since both groups want more state power, it is a given that the fascist will cloak himself in the more touchy feely "lets take care of people" as a reason to increase power



  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    really? I have never seen any proof of that. HOwever, I have see lots of fascists pretend to be liberals because liberals want the state to have more and more power to "make things fair" or to "take care of people" and since both groups want more state power, it is a given that the fascist will cloak himself in the more touchy feely "lets take care of people" as a reason to increase power
    So thats how liberals think. Gosh.

    One wants state power for one reason
    the other wants state power for another
    but in wanting state power they are both fascist


    ... are you a libertarian?

  4. #124
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Who said it's inadvertent?

    I think quite a few fascist Americans parade as libertarians to draw people into their clutches.


    Seriously?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Seriously. What better way to destroy the American way of life than to foist a system like libertarianism upon the nation?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #126
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Seriously. What better way to destroy the American way of life than to foist a system like libertarianism upon the nation?


    I dunno, perhaps you should ask jefferson or one of the founding fathers, damn those libertarians.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Well Jefferson left behind a whole lot of stuff written down on paper. What exactly did he say about libertarianism as it applied to the late 18th century for a relatively isolated tiny nation of 4 million people with an agrarian economy?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #128
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from coronado



    I am shocked. You having the nerve to call the last few SC appointees ignorant and obtuse.
    I'm not calling them ignorant and obtuse.

    People who throw around legal terms without knowing their meaning, on the other hand ...

  9. #129
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Who said it's inadvertent?

    I think quite a few fascist Americans parade as libertarians to draw people into their clutches.
    I think you're wrong.

    How many libertarian events have you been to, by the way?

  10. #130
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Do libertarians inadvertently enable fascism?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Seriously. What better way to destroy the American way of life than to foist a system like libertarianism upon the nation?
    What exactly do you think the American way of life is?

    Let me guess ... socialism?

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •