View Poll Results: Homosexuality should be punishable by death!

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

    134 65.69%
  • Bad idea

    30 14.71%
  • Uganda's government should be put to death

    17 8.33%
  • Bad idea... religion is to blame.

    23 11.27%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83

Thread: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

  1. #41
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    I think that in a world where "the worst thing to happen in Israel since [they] left Egypt" is commonplace, Christians are misguided in preaching against consentual sex.

    God had priorities and if we examine the sins of The Old Testament's kings and prophets, kissing dudes doesn't come into play at all. Worshiping idols? Bad news. Murder or rape? Benjamin almost ceased to exist. Playing with another dude's weiner? Never really mentioned as something that caused the Lord to smite Israelites.

    As a straight person (I suppose with a closed mind), I think it's gross (when dudes, of course); however, it's not one of those things that in the Bible causes your bloodline to cease or generations to suffer as slaves.

    I know, it's one of God's rules but I never heard of him getting really pissed because of it (and he gets really pissed alot in the OT). I say start with the big stuff and weiners will sort themselves out, probably.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 11-06-10 at 02:28 PM.

  2. #42
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Do you think Christians should not preach against homosexuality, but conform to the gentle persuasion of those who piece by piece dismantle the Bible until it becomes nothing more but: "a work of inspiration" and "do nice/good things for people to go to Heaven"? Christians must walk the narrow path of intolerance of sin, or else we, you know, walk the wide path to hell.
    You are completely missing the point.

    Please explain how preaching homosexuality is somehow worse than fornication or incest etc. is a good thing? Jesus hung out with these people.

    All sexual immorality according to God is a sin. Adultery etc. I don't here anyone talking about killing them? So please explain how Jesus approves of picking one sin, and holding it above all others and hurting people in the process???

    Now lets consider the fact that neither you or I are righteous? We all have sinned. Can we preach that it is wrong, yes. Can we say it is worse than all others? Not even close.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 11-06-10 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #43
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I think that in a world where "the worst thing to happen in Israel since [they] left Egypt" is commonplace, Christians are misguided in preaching against consentual sex.

    God had priorities and if we examine the sins of The Old Testament's kings and prophets, kissing dudes doesn't come into play at all. Worshiping idols? Bad news. Murder or rape? Benjamin almost ceased to exist. Playing with another dude's weiner? Never really mentioned as something that caused the Lord to smite Israelites.

    As a straight person (I suppose with a closed mind), I think it's gross (when dudes, of course); however, it's not one of those things that in the Bible causes your bloodline to cease or generations to suffer as slaves.

    I know, it's one of God's rules but I never heard of him getting really pissed because of it (and he gets really pissed alot in the OT). I say start with the big stuff and weiners will sort themselves out, probably.
    He destroyed 2 cities because of sin and also flooded the world. This includes sexual immorality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I think that in a world where "the worst thing to happen in Israel since [they] left Egypt" is commonplace, Christians are misguided in preaching against consentual sex.

    God had priorities and if we examine the sins of The Old Testament's kings and prophets, kissing dudes doesn't come into play at all. Worshiping idols? Bad news. Murder or rape? Benjamin almost ceased to exist. Playing with another dude's weiner? Never really mentioned as something that caused the Lord to smite Israelites.

    As a straight person (I suppose with a closed mind), I think it's gross (when dudes, of course); however, it's not one of those things that in the Bible causes your bloodline to cease or generations to suffer as slaves.

    I know, it's one of God's rules but I never heard of him getting really pissed because of it (and he gets really pissed alot in the OT). I say start with the big stuff and weiners will sort themselves out, probably.
    Sodom and Gomorrha are an example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are completely missing the point.

    Please explain how preaching homosexuality is somehow worse than fornication or incest etc. is a good thing? Jesus hung out with these people.

    It's all wrong.

    All sexual immorality according to God is a sin. Adultery etc. I don't here anyone talking about killing them? So please explain how Jesus approves of picking one sin, and holding it above all others and hurting people in the process???

    I don't understand what you are debating. All sin, all sexual immorality, is a sin. No one wants to kill them. Also, Christians view all sins equally; this is why Christians consistently fight against them. Do you think homosexuality as a sin should be ignored because there are many other sins out there?

    Now lets consider the fact that neither you or I are righteous? We all have sinned. Can we preach that it is wrong, yes. Can we say it is worse than all others? Not even close.
    I never said it was worse than all others. What are we even disagreeing on b/c I never said homosexuality was the worse sin; it is one to be addressed, though, among others like abortion.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    ...yet, America get's all the crap from people like Maximus Zeebra and the America Haters.
    It's nothing to do with being America Haters, but a lot to do with some wealthy, Western Christian groups stirring up hatred against gays and providing a 'theological' basis for hate groups already operating in African countries.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/wo.../04uganda.html
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #46
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I never said it was worse than all others. What are we even disagreeing on b/c I never said homosexuality was the worse sin; it is one to be addressed, though, among others like abortion.
    Well I don't agree on abortion purely along secular lines. That however is for another thread.

    The fact is if we as Christians do not preach the message of Gods love, we are not preaching the correct message. We should be preaching that immorality separates you from Gods love. and puts your soul in danger. Not that homosexuals are bad people or deserving of death.

    I do not support same sex marriage either but we have a secular government. It is the responsibility of our government to protect the minority form the majority.

    Jesus preached we are to lead by example. He gave us a guide for our spiritual salvation, not a system of government.

    I am all over the place now. I am done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #47
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    He destroyed 2 cities because of sin and also flooded the world. This includes sexual immorality.
    The subject is not what was included but what was specifically listed.

    Though, I've already seen a good counter-argument.

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am all over the place now. I am done.
    No, you did well. I disagree with your opposition to SSM, but your Christian attitude towards sin and secular rights does you credit. It is the religious fundamentalists who are after conformity and orthodoxy above the expression of God's love that are the problem. Good for you, BD!
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #49
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    So if I got this straight, this entire thing has turned into a bible study that if the person trying to prove that the Bible 100% no doubt clearly says that packin it in the back door is horrible, that this person will make the conclusion that killing gays for being gay is ok?
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  10. #50
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: homosexuality potentially punishable by death

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Paul speaks for Jesus in many things.
    He does? Saul was not a desciple of Jesus. He did not attend Jesus' sermons. He not only never even met Jesus, but he persecuted those who followed Jesus. How is it, again, that he speaks for Jesus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    He also speaks for his church in many things.
    Yes, he speaks for the church since he was instrumental in establishing it. There is quite a bit of a disconnect between Jesus and Christianity, however, and this is BECAUSE of Paul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    PS Jesus did speak on many things, he also left out many things that had already been covered or he new would be covered.

    Seems to me that if one truly respects Jesus, one would honor Him by figuring he was a sharp enough to know what was important and what was just the stuff of social convention. If the Son of God is so incapable of prioritizing, then who among us should really follow suit. eh?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •