View Poll Results: Which VP is more intelligent?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joe Biden

    8 18.18%
  • Dick Cheney

    36 81.82%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80

Thread: Which VP is more intelligent?

  1. #51
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not only are you demonizing liberalism, but you are claiming HOW liberals define their position on issues. Sorry. You are in NO position to do that. Everything I see above is nothing but an extreme version of an issue and an assumption that you cannot prove.
    I can define liberalism as I see it based on the positions the supposed liberals take on this board. If you support more government control over individuals' economic choices you have to claim that the government is in a better position to make those decisions than the individuals



  2. #52
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Hitler was more intelligent than Dick & Joe combined. Doesnt mean thet he was GOOD. And Im NOT saying Dick wasnt good or Joe wasnt good. Im saying intelligence with WISDOM is quite important.
    I don't recall anyone claiming HItler was very bright.



  3. #53
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I can define liberalism as I see it based on the positions the supposed liberals take on this board. If you support more government control over individuals' economic choices you have to claim that the government is in a better position to make those decisions than the individuals
    Or in a better position than the banks (which are coincidentally only there because of government).
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #54
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't recall anyone claiming HItler was very bright.
    I'll say it, Hitler was freaking smart as hell. He was great at manipulating large amounts of people, but he was also one of the most evil people to ever live. You can admire certain traits of a person while abhoring other traits of the same person, and decide independently on whether the person was good or bad.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I can define liberalism as I see it based on the positions the supposed liberals take on this board.
    You can define liberalism any way you want. That does not make your definition accurate. If I call a duck a groundhog, it's still a duck.

    If you support more government control over individuals' economic choices you have to claim that the government is in a better position to make those decisions than the individuals
    No, you don't have to make that claim. YOU may think so, but that is nothing but your opinion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #56
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Basic gun control is absolutely necessary, and it'd be good if we could prevent guns above a certain caliber from being in public hands without special permits. For example, I'd rather not see my neighbor walking around with an M60, or something as powerful as that; a good idea would be requiring a special permit for guns that can penetrate body armor.
    Nearly all hunting rifles will penetrate body armor, and I have no interest in getting a permit for my rifles...

    Besides, if you don't intend to harm me or my family, you don't need body armor to come to my house any way.

  7. #57
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    "If you support more government control over individuals' economic choices you have to claim that the government is in a better position to make those decisions than the individuals "


    No, you don't have to make that claim. YOU may think so, but that is nothing but your opinion.
    Ok, I'll play. If you support more government control over individuals' economic choices and it is not because you believe the government is in a better position to make those decisions, then what is the alternative reason to support the additional controls? Any other reasons I can think of are much more sinister...

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    Ok, I'll play. If you support more government control over individuals' economic choices and it is not because you believe the government is in a better position to make those decisions, then what is the alternative reason to support the additional controls? Any other reasons I can think of are much more sinister...
    To pay for services that assist in running the government and for needed services for society itself.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #59
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    To pay for services that assist in running the government and for needed services for society itself.

    Additional control over individuals' economic choices is not needed to pay for essential services. I would agree that power is money, to a certain extent, but you can't pay for services or buy food for the needy with power.

  10. #60
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Which VP is more intelligent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    but can he spell potatoe?
    Quayled it for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •