View Poll Results: In a war between the Federation and the Empire, who wins?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Empire

    22 46.81%
  • Federation

    25 53.19%
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 429

Thread: Federation v Empire

  1. #21
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have to go with the Empire on this one due to numbers and resources.
    please dude, the rebellion kicked the Empire's ass and they didn't have jack squat as far as numbers and resources. the Federation would cut through the Empire like **** through a goose.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    sorry Star, but Jedi would hardly factor in. hokey religions and ancient weapons would be no match for a photon torpedo. Besides...the Jedi didn't fight for the Empire and after Episode 3 there were basically only two left and Luke was fighting against the Empire so he would cancel out any benefit having Vader might be to the Empire.


    I think too many SW fans over estimate the effectiveness of the Jedi in large scale combat operations. one on one at close/medium range a Jedi is kick ass. but over larger distances, the powers fade considerably. look at episode 6 when the stormtroopers wiped out the Jedi temple. If the Jedi couldn't repel ground troops with hand weapons, what makes you think they could repel phaser fire from a Galaxy class cruiser?
    I was saying if they fought more Jedi I think they would be in trouble. Now obviously, the Empire didn't really have Jedi, but if the federation fought the Republic at the Jedi's peak, I don't think the Federation would have a chance. Also the Jedi aren't the best long range fighters, but there are some force powers that can effect the entire battlefield(ex Battle Meditation)

    Also, the reason Order 66 worked out so well, is because the Jedi were spread out, and their own guys attacked them, and if you remember there were no Jedi at the Jedi Temple, only younglings.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #23
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I was saying if they fought more Jedi I think they would be in trouble. Now obviously, the Empire didn't really have Jedi, but if the federation fought the Republic at the Jedi's peak, I don't think the Federation would have a chance. Also the Jedi aren't the best long range fighters, but there are some force powers that can effect the entire battlefield(ex Battle Meditation)

    Also, the reason Order 66 worked out so well, is because the Jedi were spread out, and their own guys attacked them, and if you remember there were no Jedi at the Jedi Temple, only younglings.
    I'd still put my money on a full armed phaser bank from 10,000 kilometers out.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    please dude, the rebellion kicked the Empire's ass and they didn't have jack squat as far as numbers and resources. the Federation would cut through the Empire like **** through a goose.
    The Empire lost to the Rebellion much like the British lost to the Americans in the revolutionary war, the Rebellion used gorilla warfare to defeat the Empire(also having Luke take out their leadership helped), and didn't fight them straight up, like the Federation would. If they did they would have been obliterated.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I was saying if they fought more Jedi I think they would be in trouble. Now obviously, the Empire didn't really have Jedi, but if the federation fought the Republic at the Jedi's peak, I don't think the Federation would have a chance. Also the Jedi aren't the best long range fighters, but there are some force powers that can effect the entire battlefield(ex Battle Meditation)

    Also, the reason Order 66 worked out so well, is because the Jedi were spread out, and their own guys attacked them, and if you remember there were no Jedi at the Jedi Temple, only younglings.
    That's not true, though there were many more padawans that actual Jedi. There were some Jedi at the Jedi Temple, including the chief Jedi instructor Cin Drallig.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #26
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,492

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    please dude, the rebellion kicked the Empire's ass and they didn't have jack squat as far as numbers and resources. the Federation would cut through the Empire like **** through a goose.
    You are leaving out far to many variables. What time period? I mean if it was during say the Dominion war or right after the battle of Wolf, it would not be good for the Federation. The Empire controls almost the entire galaxy, the Federation not even close. The size of fleets and man power the Empire can call up are awe inspiring.

    Now if it was just a knock down drag out with no one else involved. The Federation would have little chance due to shear numbers on the side of the Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Federation v Empire

    The Empire lost the rebellion to these...



    'nough said.

  8. #28
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  9. #29
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are leaving out far to many variables. What time period? I mean if it was during say the Dominion war or right after the battle of Wolf, it would not be good for the Federation. The Empire controls almost the entire galaxy, the Federation not even close. The size of fleets and man power the Empire can call up are awe inspiring.

    Now if it was just a knock down drag out with no one else involved. The Federation would have little chance due to shear numbers on the side of the Empire.
    size matters not...judge me by my size do you? and well you should not, because photon torpedoes and deflector shields are my allies. and powerful allies they are.

    1 federation ship ~ 400 guys
    1 star destroyers thousands of guys

    a galaxy class cruiser would take out a dozen or more star destroyers before it's weapons were depleted. In a war of attrition, greater killing power will top greater numbers.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 10-28-10 at 06:04 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I love this comment on YouTube...

    No its REAL i saw it in personal i was there that is happened in San Andreas

    its not fake. At this moment Enterprise Mark 3 is under construction

    my friend work there and he say its almost finished

    THIS VIDEO IS NOT FAKE IT WAS REAL

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •