View Poll Results: In a war between the Federation and the Empire, who wins?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Empire

    22 46.81%
  • Federation

    25 53.19%
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 429

Thread: Federation v Empire

  1. #211
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post


    Star Trek wins.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  2. #212
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    You arent familiar with the Genesis Torpedo.
    I haven't seen the movie for years, that's true. What about it makes you think that the federation can use it to destroy 1000 planets for every planet the empire destroys?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Then there is EVERY Federation ship that is FAR superior in EVERY way to the Empire ships. Then there are the war tactics.... Federation are FAR more professional and efficiant and effective. I respect what you 1st thought but I just dont agree.
    You've provided absolutely NO proof of any of this. Power estimates are available for SW and ST weaponry. At the low end of the estimates, SW weapons are about as powerful as ST weapons. At the high end of the estimates, SW weapons are several thousand times more powerful. Depending on weapon power, SW shields are either roughly as powerful as ST shields, or vastly moreso. SW's largest ships are far larger than the largest federation ships, and carry more weapon emplacements. SW hyperdrives are far faster than ST warp drive. ST's only advantage is that they can fire from warp, and their ships are more maneuverable than SW's largest ships, due to being smaller. Other than that, the federation is outclassed in every way.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  3. #213
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post

    You've provided absolutely NO proof of any of this. Power estimates are available for SW and ST weaponry. At the low end of the estimates, SW weapons are about as powerful as ST weapons. At the high end of the estimates, SW weapons are several thousand times more powerful. Depending on weapon power, SW shields are either roughly as powerful as ST shields, or vastly moreso. SW's largest ships are far larger than the largest federation ships, and carry more weapon emplacements. SW hyperdrives are far faster than ST warp drive. ST's only advantage is that they can fire from warp, and their ships are more maneuverable than SW's largest ships, due to being smaller. Other than that, the federation is outclassed in every way.
    I love the fact that the Trekkies here keep harping on this fact as their one sure talisman for victory. The truth is the Empire is more than adequately equipped to deal with this minor inconvenience.

    Meet the Interdictor Class Star Destroyer:


    For as technically superior as they claim to be, I don't see any Trekkies really willing to provide the numbers supporting their case. Like I said, canon to canon, the Federation would be decimated by the Empire.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  4. #214
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I think a "few" is an understatement. 5% of our galaxy, or so.

    Fed technology, I thnk, makes the difference.
    number of entire planets blown up by the federation? as opposed to born?




    the Empire also had no large enemies on its' borders; the Federation would have been turned on by the Cardassians, the Romulans, and probably the Klingons (though who knows, they may have loved the notion of going down against overwhelming odds).




    Empire wins by so much it's almost embarrassing.
    Last edited by cpwill; 11-02-10 at 12:43 PM.

  5. #215
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    number of entire planets blown up by the federation? as opposed to born?




    the Empire also had no large enemies on its' borders; the Federation would have been turned on by the Cardassians, the Romulans, and probably the Klingons (though who knows, they may have loved the notion of going down against overwhelming odds).




    Empire wins by so much it's almost embarrassing.

    please, anyone seriously believe that Luke Skywalker wouldn't join the side of the Federation? with both Vader and the Emperor dead and the sole remaining "Jedi" on the side of the Feds it would be game over for the Empire. The Empire would be too busy with internal power struggles to put up a united front against the Federation.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #216
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    please, anyone seriously believe that Luke Skywalker wouldn't join the side of the Federation?
    i have no problem believing that Luke Skywalker would join the Federation; I just also don't buy into the myth that a single individual is going to be able to outweigh fleets of star destroyers in a galactic battle.

    with both Vader and the Emperor dead and the sole remaining "Jedi" on the side of the Feds it would be game over for the Empire.
    if you are going to go post-tense then you have to figure out how you are going to stand up against an Admiral Thrawn utilizing the Klingons, the Romulans, the Cardassions, and the Jem'Hadar. furthermore, the number of "Jedia" on the side of the "Rebellion" is: Luke, semi-but-not-really Leia, and a couple of ghosts. there are still Sith-trained Jedi out there in the outskirts of the Empire.

    The Empire would be too busy with internal power struggles to put up a united front against the Federation.
    the Empire devolved decision making authority onto the regional governors to avoid just that issue; it is the earlier Republic and the Federation which will have problems from internal dissent, not the Empire.


    putting the Empire up against the Federation is like having Bear Bryant up against Mike Shula.
    Last edited by cpwill; 11-02-10 at 12:55 PM.

  7. #217
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    please, anyone seriously believe that Luke Skywalker wouldn't join the side of the Federation? with both Vader and the Emperor dead and the sole remaining "Jedi" on the side of the Feds it would be game over for the Empire. The Empire would be too busy with internal power struggles to put up a united front against the Federation.
    You're imposing a time frame on the Empire when they were at their weakest, just after the Battle of Endor. It's not a fair comparison to intentionally handicap the side you're against, even though the numbers would still be in favor of the Empire. With both the Federation and the Empire at their full capacity and strength, however, the Federation gets wiped from the galaxy post-haste.
    Last edited by theangryamerican; 11-02-10 at 12:58 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  8. #218
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    You're imposing a time frame on the Empire when they were at their weakest, just after the Battle of Endor. It's not a fair comparison to intentionally handicap the side you're against, even though the numbers would still be in favor of the Empire. With both the Federation and the Empire at their full capacity and strength, however, the Federation gets wiped from the galaxy post-haste.
    I think the Organians would simply send the Empire packing. game over. nothing in SW canon can hold a candle to the abilitites of the Organians. a single individual capable of projecting itself, simultaneously, to the homeworld of every Fed and Klingon planet and the bridge of every fed and klingon starship and causing all weapons to be non-functional.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #219
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I think the Organians would simply send the Empire packing. game over. nothing in SW canon can hold a candle to the abilitites of the Organians. a single individual capable of projecting itself, simultaneously, to the homeworld of every Fed and Klingon planet and the bridge of every fed and klingon starship and causing all weapons to be non-functional.
    The Organians were never officially part of the Federation, so they don't belong in a Federation v. Empire debate, however, for the sake of debunking your argument, the Organians

    …are not humanoids. They are incorporeal energy creatures with no precise physical location in the universe.
    And

    A race of beings who had evolved to a point of being pure conceptual beings, essence of thought with no corporeal bodies.
    Now…


    To my knowledge, the Organians never conducted any sort of war like interactions in the ST Universe, but were a peaceful race. On the contrasting side, the Sith have no qualms about killing anyone in their way. After the Organians have disabled all the conventional weaponry of the Federation and Empire, how do you prevent the Sith from destroying the now helpless Federation crews at will?

    The Organians are not your saviors; they are, at best, bystanders to the slaughter of your Federation.

    So, in conclusion, if you'd like to debate this on technical merits, rather than invoking mysterious powers, we can get back on topic here.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  10. #220
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Federation v Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    The Organians were never officially part of the Federation, so they don't belong in a Federation v. Empire debate, however, for the sake of debunking your argument, the Organians


    And


    Now…


    To my knowledge, the Organians never conducted any sort of war like interactions in the ST Universe, but were a peaceful race. On the contrasting side, the Sith have no qualms about killing anyone in their way. After the Organians have disabled all the conventional weaponry of the Federation and Empire, how do you prevent the Sith from destroying the now helpless Federation crews at will?

    The Organians are not your saviors; they are, at best, bystanders to the slaughter of your Federation.

    So, in conclusion, if you'd like to debate this on technical merits, rather than invoking mysterious powers, we can get back on topic here.

    right peaceful race who refused to allow anyone to fight...hence the use of the phrase "game over" no one wins because the Organians wouldn't let them fight.

    but if you want technical merits... you are going to have to revise all the SW shield and weapons outputs down...since as they currently stand they are greater than the energy their reactors can produce.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •