View Poll Results: Which should be taught in school science classes?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evolution

    80 78.43%
  • Intelligent Design

    1 0.98%
  • Creationism

    0 0%
  • Every theory in this area

    11 10.78%
  • Only these 3 or 2 of these three

    3 2.94%
  • None of these

    4 3.92%
  • Other

    3 2.94%
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 314

Thread: Which should be taught in school science classes?

  1. #191
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    So when Jesus says in Revelation:
    "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
    What does he mean and/or what is he saying?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #192
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarcho-fascist View Post
    They know she walked upright because they have the hip. An artist's impression of a prehistoric animal is necessarily somewhat speculative. There are more examples of Lucy's species than just her.

    EDIT: The jaw bone drawings are from actual bones, and the pictures at the bottom are photographs.
    I've seen the other skulls at the Lucey exhibit firsthand. Most of them are an entire skull fabricated around one fossilized tooth or inch of skull fragment. Like I said, not impressed. I also saw their paintings of zebra/giraffes, hippo/alligators, etc.
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  3. #193
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    When one of those seagulls becomes a chicken, give me a call. One type of seagulls mating with another doesn't convince me that evolution is true.
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  4. #194
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    I've seen the other skulls at the Lucey exhibit firsthand. Most of them are an entire skull fabricated around one fossilized tooth or inch of skull fragment. Like I said, not impressed. I also saw their paintings of zebra/giraffes, hippo/alligators, etc.
    Skuze me for buttin' in, but if you don't believe in evolution because you don't approve of the evidence, what DO you believe in where the evidence DOES suit you?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #195
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Just because I just watched the feline video today because its new, and it and the other are on this exact topic, and informative and generally well done:

    Canines:


    Felines:


    I would hope Friday would watch these, but the videos I am posting will most likely only be watched in full by the so called "choir"
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #196
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Skuze me for buttin' in, but if you don't believe in evolution because you don't approve of the evidence, what DO you believe in where the evidence DOES suit you?
    Maggie, what happened on earth anywhere from tens of thousands of years to billions of years ago is purely speculative. However, I would argue that the fossil record represents a more pure form of survival of the fittest than the round peg fit in a square hole version of survival of the fittest incorporated into Darwinism.

    Survival of the fittest defeats generational evolution. Evolution would necessarily have to be a very fast process in order for intermediate species to survive.
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  7. #197
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    I would argue same with God, what's your point?
    Irrelevant in science class.
    Do not write in this space!

  8. #198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    I've seen the other skulls at the Lucey exhibit firsthand. Most of them are an entire skull fabricated around one fossilized tooth or inch of skull fragment. Like I said, not impressed. I also saw their paintings of zebra/giraffes, hippo/alligators, etc.
    So what does impress you?

  9. #199
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Maggie, what happened on earth anywhere from tens of thousands of years to billions of years ago is purely speculative. However, I would argue that the fossil record represents a more pure form of survival of the fittest than the round peg fit in a square hole version of survival of the fittest incorporated into Darwinism.

    Survival of the fittest defeats generational evolution. Evolution would necessarily have to be a very fast process in order for intermediate species to survive.
    I understand what you're saying, Friday. But I'll ask again: What do you believe in where the evidence does suit you?

    I would also add that, imo, survival of the fittest applies to predators v prey.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #200
    Educator
    Anarcho-fascist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    T E X A S !
    Last Seen
    09-26-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,069
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    I've seen the other skulls at the Lucey exhibit firsthand. Most of them are an entire skull fabricated around one fossilized tooth or inch of skull fragment. Like I said, not impressed. I also saw their paintings of zebra/giraffes, hippo/alligators, etc.
    File:Mrs Ples.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Animals can be identified by their teeth alone. The pictures at the bottom are actual skulls.
    Last edited by Anarcho-fascist; 10-27-10 at 10:39 PM.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •