View Poll Results: Which should be taught in school science classes?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evolution

    80 78.43%
  • Intelligent Design

    1 0.98%
  • Creationism

    0 0%
  • Every theory in this area

    11 10.78%
  • Only these 3 or 2 of these three

    3 2.94%
  • None of these

    4 3.92%
  • Other

    3 2.94%
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 314

Thread: Which should be taught in school science classes?

  1. #181
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-13-18 @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    No, you said we have numerous links and chains. Give me an example of a complete chain between two different species. When you find you can't do that, give me an example of a chain that is only 70% complete. When you find you can't even do that, just give me the best you got. You said there are numerous chains, I'm sure you'll find something convincing.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/scienc...post1058958908

    you added the "complete" qualifications. the only way we would have this is if we had every single generation
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  2. #182
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-13-18 @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    That's fine, I don't want the theory of evolution taught in science class. It is not science. I haven't even pulled out the best argument yet.
    why are you holding out when every argument you have had so far is so shaky?
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  3. #183
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/scienc...post1058958908

    you added the "complete" qualifications. the only way we would have this is if we had every single generation
    Sorry, artist renditions don't impress me. I've been to the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia national museum where Lucy's bone fragments lie. I've seen the elaborate animals they construct around an inch of bone fragment. Not impressed. Do you have any actual pictures of the fossils? Or just pretty drawings?
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  4. #184
    Educator
    Anarcho-fascist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    T E X A S !
    Last Seen
    09-26-14 @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,069
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    No, you said we have numerous links and chains. Give me an example of a complete chain between two different species. When you find you can't do that, give me an example of a chain that is only 70% complete. When you find you can't even do that, just give me the best you got. You said there are numerous chains, I'm sure you'll find something convincing.
    http://www.montana.edu/paleoecology/...obiol_2006.pdf Ring species - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #185
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-13-18 @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Sorry, artist renditions don't impress me. I've been to the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia national museum where Lucy's bone fragments lie. I've seen the elaborate animals they construct around an inch of bone fragment. Not impressed. Do you have any actual pictures of the fossils? Or just pretty drawings?
    you can play your dishonest goal post moving game with another sucker.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #186
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 06:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    No, you said we have numerous links and chains. Give me an example of a complete chain between two different species. When you find you can't do that, give me an example of a chain that is only 70% complete. When you find you can't even do that, just give me the best you got. You said there are numerous chains, I'm sure you'll find something convincing.
    Its just not necessary scientifically to find a complete chain. Evidence is evidence. We have never seen a quark, but there's a lot of evidence that they exist.
    Do not write in this space!

  7. #187
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 06:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    That's fine, I don't want the theory of evolution taught in science class. It is not science. I haven't even pulled out the best argument yet.
    Good luck, hoss. But its going to stay in science class, of course.
    Do not write in this space!

  8. #188
    Educator
    Anarcho-fascist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    T E X A S !
    Last Seen
    09-26-14 @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,069
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Sorry, artist renditions don't impress me. I've been to the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia national museum where Lucy's bone fragments lie. I've seen the elaborate animals they construct around an inch of bone fragment. Not impressed. Do you have any actual pictures of the fossils? Or just pretty drawings?
    They know she walked upright because they have the hip. An artist's impression of a prehistoric animal is necessarily somewhat speculative. There are more examples of Lucy's species than just her.

    EDIT: The jaw bone drawings are from actual bones, and the pictures at the bottom are photographs.
    Last edited by Anarcho-fascist; 10-27-10 at 09:18 PM.

  9. #189
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    you can play your dishonest goal post moving game with another sucker.
    I could draw you a picture of Adam and Eve since you are so easily convinced by drawings
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  10. #190
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Which should be taught in school science classes?

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    Its just not necessary scientifically to find a complete chain. Evidence is evidence. We have never seen a quark, but there's a lot of evidence that they exist.
    I would argue same with God, what's your point?
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •