View Poll Results: Pick one

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I expec the same in kind if I partake in aggressive behavior

    17 48.57%
  • No, I believe my gender excuses me from paying consequences

    15 42.86%
  • I don't like either of the above options - here is my answer

    1 2.86%
  • It depends on what aggressive behavior I am taking part in

    2 5.71%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 129

Thread: Women of DP - I ask you

  1. #11
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    I suspect Gina Carano could kick about anyone's ass here on DP.


  2. #12
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    As far as how I would react to being hit by a woman, it really depends on the woman. If it were the friend I mentioned above, I'm going to hit her back because if not, she'd beat the living **** out of me.

    In most cases, I would try to defend myself using the least amount of force necessary. I wouldn't simply sit back and get pounded on, though.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #13
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by RosieS View Post
    Neither. I don't think a female should escape consequences, but since it isn't possible for women to have the upper body strength that men have, men should not shove, push or hit back because the chances of causing injury to the woman are so much higher. And no, a man is not a wimp for not hitting a woman who has hit him, he's a man who chooses brain over brawn. It really is one of those lifestyle choices.

    And if she rightly gets arrested for assault, she'll have earned those consequences.

    Regards from Rosie
    I think you're wrong. I don't lift heavy, but I have plenty of muscles. Plus I know how to throw everything I've got into a punch. I'm not an aggressive person, but I'm fairly sure if presented with a dangerous situation, I could flatten a quarter of the guys here. If any one of them tried to harm my kid, I think that number could rise to 100%.

    Addressing the poll, were I to shove or strike another person, I would expect to be in a position to defend myself, because I don't think anyone would just take that. If they did, I'd just hit 'em again.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  4. #14
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Only two things could make me hurt or punch a woman. If she kicks me in the kahona's, or comes at me with a weapon or clenched fist.

    I don't really give anyone reason to assult me, so I don't expect to be hit. If they do I will defend myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by TGND
    If I ball up my fist and dot some guys eye, I fully do that with the thought that he may very well ball up his fist and lay me out. Sorry, but that's how it goes.
    And if he doesn't, I would hope you give him a good ass-whipping. Cro-magnate sexism like that deserves it. Assuming that perceived frailty and smaller stature means weakness in the case of a woman is probably more chauvanistic than retaliating against an aggressive woman.

  6. #16
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Gender excuses nothing. If I smack a man in the face, I'm not going to cry assault when he smacks me back.


  7. #17
    Can't stop the signal...
    theangryamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,233

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    I've only been in a situation like this once. I had a crazy gf when I was younger that hit me with a closed fist in a verbal argument. I laughed in her face and with my voice dead calm told her "That one was free. I dare you to do it again." I think I got the point across adequately enough, she backed down and I walked away from the relationship without assault charges.

    That said, I wouldn't hit anyone out of anger, but if I feel threatened or if my loved ones are threatened, either me or the aggressor is not walking away and I'll fight as long as I have the strength to swing to protect my wife and kids.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    So far 8 males have posted in this thread and 5 females have.

  9. #19
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So far 8 males have posted in this thread and 5 females have.
    I'm female, btw.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    For what it is worth: it depends. Generally a man should not hit a woman, ever. The reverse also holds true. If a man feels threatened, then taking what actions he needs to protect himself is fine, but usually that does not involve hitting.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •