View Poll Results: Pick one

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I expec the same in kind if I partake in aggressive behavior

    17 48.57%
  • No, I believe my gender excuses me from paying consequences

    15 42.86%
  • I don't like either of the above options - here is my answer

    1 2.86%
  • It depends on what aggressive behavior I am taking part in

    2 5.71%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: Women of DP - I ask you

  1. #111
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Now being I was a police officer in the state at the time. I can honestly say I know the law a little better than you.
    Right. 'In the state' eh?
    You know English law better than me. A person who studied this particular aspect. Gotcha


  2. #112
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Right. 'In the state' eh?
    You know English law better than me. A person who studied this particular aspect. Gotcha
    Yes, it happend in the US, why would I be talking about England?

    As you can see I live in Florida. Jeeesh.

    And again according to US law since you need to be told, I was correct.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 10-31-10 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Trolling does not make your ignorant argument any better.

    It also does not change the fact you are still wrong as I have shown.
    Shown what? Lol.
    Whatever dude, nice way to divert from the fact you know **** about the laws I am citing.
    Being a police office in another country doesn't give you that knowledge of my country which was the original point I made and you tried to refute me being wrong - without citing anything to support it I may add.

    By all means. Let's end the discussion. It was going nowhere anyway. I know I'm right
    Last edited by Laila; 10-31-10 at 01:42 AM.


  4. #114
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Not so much as many GBH hinges on whether the damage is within reason in response to the threat presented by the female. If he played the self defence card that is.
    Not according to the law in the state of Illinois. he only thing that would have made it different is if he had used a weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not according to the law in the state of Illinois. he only thing that would have made it different is if he had used a weapon.
    That was not the law I originally citied and you tried to refute. Nice spin tho mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    The damage must at least be equal. That is GBH right there
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    She was arrested for battery by the way, so your argument goes against the law as well as common sense.
    If you had just google'd GBH. You would have know straight away which law I am talking about, not to mention the simple fact you could have just looked at my location rather than attempting to bull**** about knowing the law
    Nice playing with you tho. Shame I need sleep.


  6. #116
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    GBH. Sec 20
    “………Whosoever shall unlawfully and maliciously wound or inflict any grievous bodily harm upon any other person, either with or without any weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of an offence and, being convicted therefore, shall be liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding five years…….”



    And no, breaking facial structure is not equal to a kick in the balls. Unless she broke his penis ofc, in which case I take it all back. It's not quite the same
    Punching someone in the face in immediate response to an assault reaches the level of malice?

    Learn something new every day.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Punching someone in the face in immediate response to an assault reaches the level of malice?

    Learn something new every day.
    Breaking facial structure to a simple kick in the balls however much it hurts is not equal damage or reasonable in response imo. Ofc a good lawyer can argue anything


  8. #118
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Breaking facial structure to a simple kick in the balls however much it hurts is not equal damage or reasonable in response imo.
    And if he had found her 6 weeks later and hit her with the purpose of breaking her face, you might have a point. Merely punching someone in response to an immediate assault =/= malice.

    Ofc a good lawyer can argue anything
    A public defender with 6 weeks on the job could argue this. Successfully.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #119
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Shown what? Lol.
    Whatever dude, nice way to divert from the fact you know **** about the laws I am citing.
    They are not relevant and I explained why. It is common knowledge here. I don't have to post anything, you are the one that assumed something based on law that does not apply.

    I mean it is a well known fact I live in the US. So why should I care about English law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Being a police office in another country doesn't give you that knowledge of my country which was the original point I made and you tried to refute me being wrong - without citing anything to support it I may add.
    Ummmm... you were completely and utterly wrong. The laws you stated did not apply at all. So yes you were wrong then, and even more wrong now.

    I don't have to. Maybe in England people don't know the law. We do here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    By all means. Let's end the discussion. It was going nowhere anyway. I know I'm right
    You are completely wrong as this did not happen in England. In England you no longer even have the right to defend yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #120
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Women of DP - I ask you

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Breaking facial structure to a simple kick in the balls however much it hurts is not equal damage or reasonable in response imo. Ofc a good lawyer can argue anything
    But in this case the law you are trying to use does not apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •