View Poll Results: Would you support a flat tax system instead of our current progressive one?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 54.29%
  • No

    23 32.86%
  • Maybe

    9 12.86%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 124 of 124

Thread: Flat tax or progressive tax? Which do you prefer?

  1. #121
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Flat tax or progressive tax? Which do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Take the Budget of the U.S. the link I gave you that shows line items and then plug in the items that our Constitution requires from our Govt, defense, small central govt. expense, debt service, V.A. affairs and see what you come up with?


    From the Budget, this is what I come up with as categories that should be funded by Federal Income Taxes

    Defense 662.8
    Gen. Science, Space 29.9
    Commerce 292.5
    Transportation 84.4
    Health 334.3
    Veterans Benefits 95.5
    Justice 53.4
    General Govt. 118
    Net Interest 190.9


    Total 1861.7
    Well I don't agree or disagree although it has little to do with my statements or this thread. It is simply about taxes and not the deficit.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Flat tax or progressive tax? Which do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well I don't agree or disagree although it has little to do with my statements or this thread. It is simply about taxes and not the deficit.
    LOL, it has everything to do with the thread as taxes lead to govt. revenue that funds the expenses. As long as the liberal left distorts the true role of the Federal govt. and convinces people that it is about tax revenue and not spending we are going to face the deficits we have today and the argument over the right amount of taxes to collect. Seems to me that far too many have bought into that larger bloated Federal govt. as it is always about the revenue generated vs the actual spending.

    Some here seem to believe that Conservatives don't want any taxes. That is bs, Conservatives understand that it takes taxes to run the govt. The real issue is the role of the govt. and thus the amount of taxes. There is absolutely no need for progressive taxes with a limited Central govt. A flat tax will do quite well and will be considerably more fair that what we have right now.

  3. #123
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Flat tax or progressive tax? Which do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, it has everything to do with the thread as taxes lead to govt. revenue that funds the expenses. As long as the liberal left distorts the true role of the Federal govt. and convinces people that it is about tax revenue and not spending we are going to face the deficits we have today and the argument over the right amount of taxes to collect. Seems to me that far too many have bought into that larger bloated Federal govt. as it is always about the revenue generated vs the actual spending.
    Again it does not. The deficit is what it is, and the type of tax has absolutely no affect at all.

    Funny how you blame liberals for distorting when it was so called conservatives who got the ball rolling under Bush.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Some here seem to believe that Conservatives don't want any taxes. That is bs, Conservatives understand that it takes taxes to run the govt. The real issue is the role of the govt. and thus the amount of taxes. There is absolutely no need for progressive taxes with a limited Central govt. A flat tax will do quite well and will be considerably more fair that what we have right now.
    Be it progressive or flat an income tax is not and never was needed. I do however try to stick with realistic goals. Our system that we have now is what we have to work with. The income tax is not going to go away, nor is it going to be changed to a flat tax. So we have to try and cut taxes within the system we have.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Flat tax or progressive tax? Which do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Again it does not. The deficit is what it is, and the type of tax has absolutely no affect at all.

    Funny how you blame liberals for distorting when it was so called conservatives who got the ball rolling under Bush.



    Be it progressive or flat an income tax is not and never was needed. I do however try to stick with realistic goals. Our system that we have now is what we have to work with. The income tax is not going to go away, nor is it going to be changed to a flat tax. So we have to try and cut taxes within the system we have.
    Hate to break it to you but it happened long before Bush and regardless it happened because of both parties. We do not elect a King and no spending is done without Congress. Bush and the Congress took the debt from 5.6 trillion to 10.5 trillion in 8 years. Obama and the Congress have added 3.1 trillion to it in just two years. Bush never had any trillion dollar deficits and Obama has had two his first two years and projected trillion dollar deficits for the remainder of his term. He has total control of the Govt.

    Now taxes mean revenue but you are right that revenue isn't really the problem, spending is and that is what I tried to point out. Doesn't matter whether we have a flat or progressive tax Congress and this President are going to spend the money.

    The answer is cutting taxes and spending. Cutting taxes stimulates economic growth and job creation thus more taxpayers. Right now we have 16 million unemployed Americans that are paying a very small amount of Federal Income taxes. Imagine putting those people back to work?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •