View Poll Results: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

    117 69.23%
  • Wrong

    48 28.40%
  • I don't know

    3 1.78%
  • I don't care

    1 0.59%
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 226

Thread: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    People are not obligated to help one another.
    It would be nice if they did, but there was really nothing anyone could've done to "help" this woman obtain a prescription asthma inhaler without a prescription.
    It is against the law.
    If she was in crisis and needed emergency medical attention, calling an ambulance was the only "help" anyone could legally give her, and I've read nothing to indicate that this wasn't done.
    Since the boyfriend had his cell phone (apparently attempted to trade it for an asthma inhaler), he could've as easily summoned emergency medical help from the street, saved valuable time, and spared everyone this donkey show.

  2. #82
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    People are not obligated to help one another. No one acted wrongly in this, except for the woman having the asthma attack. If she had taken personal responsibility and brought her medication along this wouldn't have happened.
    Wow, that is cold.

    You are eager to jump in and protect people who would stand by and watch someone die and yet you freely criticize someone whose only mistake was forgetting their medicine. I can't say I value human life at a dollar or that I could respect anyone that does. However, you are entitled to your values.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    So why is everybody denouncing the clerks at CVS Pharmacy for not pitching in a dollar but not denouncing the other customers in the store for not pitching in a dollar?

    Let's not only boycott CVS Pharmacies but also random business consumers as well.
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine being in a store, hearing bickering over a buck and not stepping up to the plate.
    I don't care if it was because someone was short a dollar on their grocery bill and was going to have to put something back.
    What country are we living in???
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #84
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Wow, that is cold.

    You are eager to jump in and protect people who would stand by and watch someone die and yet you freely criticize someone whose only mistake was forgetting their medicine. I can't say I value human life at a dollar or that I could respect anyone that does. However, you are entitled to your values.
    It's not cold, but a fact of life. You want everyone to take responsibility for everyone else, but you don't want personal responsibility. Charity is given freely and is not coerced in any way. One of the things that was never mentioned was the couple never asked anyone else in the store if they could help., but you expect everyone to suddenly jump up and give out of guilt. They didn't go to the other shoppers and ask to borrow a dollar. Again this boils down to what the couple should have done due to personal responsibility, but x corporation is evil!!!111one!
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 10-16-10 at 03:54 PM.

  5. #85
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    People are not obligated to help one another. No one acted wrongly in this, except for the woman having the asthma attack. If she had taken personal responsibility and brought her medication along this wouldn't have happened.
    What? She was probably at the pharmacy because she was out of medication. I'm asthmatic and I can't always carry my rescue inhaler with me. Asthma attacks are serious and all she needed was $1. By this logic people who get in wrecks without a seat belt and can't afford an ER visit should just die because it was their personal responsibility to buckle up, and now they must mercilessly die. We are talking about human beings live's here.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine being in a store, hearing bickering over a buck and not stepping up to the plate.
    I don't care if it was because someone was short a dollar on their grocery bill and was going to have to put something back.
    What country are we living in???
    This does not ring true.
    I ride the city bus almost daily; at least once a week, somebody gets on either without correct change, or without enough money, and stands there plaintively asking for thirty cents or whatever.
    And invariably, someone gets up and forks over the change.
    I have NEVER seen someone have to get off the bus for lack of money. Someone ALWAYS gives it to them.
    And people who ride the bus are basically the dregs of society, frankly.

    I maintain my belief that this was not about a dollar, until I see evidence to the contrary.
    Was the inhaler prescription?
    Did she produce a written prescription for it, or did CVS already have her prescription in their computer?
    Until I see evidence that the inhaler didn't require a prescription to purchase, or that the woman had her prescription with her, I fail to see how this is anything but a case of employees abiding by federal and state law.
    Last edited by 1069; 10-16-10 at 03:57 PM.

  7. #87
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    It's not cold, but a fact of life. You want everyone to take responsibility for everyone else, but you don't want personal responsibility.
    Funny, I thought personal responsiblity was looking out for your neighbor.

    Charity is given freely and is not coerced in any way.
    Imagine that, someone having an asthma attack in front of you is coercion.

    One of the things that was never mentioned was the couple never asked anyone else in the store if they could help. They didn't go to the other shoppers and ask to borrow a dollar. Again this boils down to what the couple should have done due to personal responsibility, but x corporation is evil!!!111one!
    Where does it say what the couple did and did not do? Also, you claim that charity should be freely given and now you claim they should have begged for it?
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 10-16-10 at 03:57 PM.

  8. #88
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What? She was probably at the pharmacy because she was out of medication. I'm asthmatic and I can't always carry my rescue inhaler with me. Asthma attacks are serious and all she needed was $1. By this logic people who get in wrecks without a seat belt and can't afford an ER visit should just die because it was their personal responsibility to buckle up, and now they must mercilessly die. We are talking about human beings live's here.
    Not according to the story. The couple was out walking and she had a sudden asthma attack, so they went into the store to get her an inhaler.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    People are not obligated to help one another. No one acted wrongly in this, except for the woman having the asthma attack. If she had taken personal responsibility and brought her medication along this wouldn't have happened.
    If anything, a statement like this is the most resounding way to prove that conservative ideology is, at its centre, selfish, naive and regressive.

    One could debate all day long about whether the manager ought to have sold her the asthma inhaler, if the debate is about the legality of selling dangerous drugs to unconfirmed sob story tellers.

    But this... Your ideology has twisted you so much that you believe that people ought to be horrible bastards to each other, just because it aligns with your twisted political views.

    I don't understand how to get through to a person who has left logic so far behind as to agree with a statement like, "The woman having the asthma attack was in the wrong -- people needn't help each other."

    When you get to hell, send my regards to Hitler and Limbaugh.

  10. #90
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    I don't understand how to get through to a person who has left logic so far behind as to agree with a statement like, "The woman having the asthma attack was in the wrong -- people needn't help each other."

    When you get to hell, send my regards to Hitler and Limbaugh.
    Well they certainly aren't going to the same place as that dude in sandles who said, "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •