View Poll Results: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

    117 69.23%
  • Wrong

    48 28.40%
  • I don't know

    3 1.78%
  • I don't care

    1 0.59%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 226

Thread: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

  1. #11
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Capitalistic is one thing. Potentially letting someone die for a dollar, while capitalistic, is abhorrent.
    Nobody died. The paramedics were called, which is what they should have done. Things worked the way they're supposed to.

  2. #12
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    I would've just told the cashier to toss off and stolen the damn thing.

    Exigent circumstances, anyone?
    And then the district attorney could ask you why, if you know you have asthma, didn't you carry an inhaler with you if you knew you're susceptible to asthma attacks. Individuals should be responsible with their health and have the foresight to carry their medications with them if they can have an attack at any moment. That is not the responsibility of a private pharmacy business.

  3. #13
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Nobody died. The paramedics were called, which is what they should have done. Things worked the way they're supposed to.
    And if the paramedics were too slow for whatever reason ...? (blown tire for example)

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    And then the district attorney could ask you why, if you know you have asthma, didn't you carry an inhaler with you if you knew you're susceptible to asthma attacks. Individuals should be responsible with their health and have the foresight to carry their medications with them if they can have an attack at any moment. That is not the responsibility of a private pharmacy business.
    I'll tell inspector Javert that my girlfriend is, in fact, a human being and forgot her essential medicine one day out of ten thousand and got unlucky. I'd get off, too.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Nobody died. The paramedics were called, which is what they should have done. Things worked the way they're supposed to.
    Thankfully. But what if she died? Would your opinion be different? Is a dollar worth the risk of letting someone die? I know they are a business, but they are in the health field, and in the health field, money doesn't always take precedence.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #16
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Thankfully. But what if she died? Would your opinion be different? Is a dollar worth the risk of letting someone die? I know they are a business, but they are in the health field, and in the health field, money doesn't always take precedence.
    If she died I would have asked why a person with a medical condition that can debilitate her at any time didn't always carry around with her the medication she needed to deal with that medical condition. She has a responsibility to her own health. Nobody else. If she doesn't regard her medical condition with the forethought necessary, that is her own fault and nobody else's.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    If she died I would have asked why a person with a medical condition that can debilitate her at any time didn't always carry around with her the medication she needed to deal with that medical condition. She has a responsibility to her own health. Nobody else. If she doesn't regard her medical condition with the forethought necessary, that is her own fault and nobody else's.
    Maybe she had used her inhaler earlier in the day, and it ran out? Maybe she lost it, maybe she forgot it, there are many reasons why she didn't have it, and none of them are mistakes that should cost her, her life. But lets change the scenario a little bit. Say she accidently cut herself, and was bleeding out, and needed a tourniquet to save her life until the paramedics got there, and this situation happened? What would your opinion be in that situation?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #18
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Maybe she had used her inhaler earlier in the day, and it ran out? Maybe she lost it, maybe she forgot it, there are many reasons why she didn't have it, and none of them are mistakes that should cost her, her life. But lets change the scenario a little bit. Say she accidently cut herself, and was bleeding out, and needed a tourniquet to save her life until the paramedics got there, and this situation happened? What would your opinion be in that situation?
    If her inhaler and it ran out, then she should have been mindful of it and think, "Gee, I should get it refilled in case I have an asthma attack" and replaced it sooner.

    If she forgot her inhaler then she should still be more mindful about her medical condition and train herself to not forget the medication that will save her life in case she suffers an attack.

    A tourniquet is not the same as medication. Anybody can take a belt and use it as a tourniquet, but nobody can improv medication. Also, asthma is a diagnosable condition that people know they can suffer through at any time. Cuts (generally) only happen on accident.

    I know you're giving me a lot of hypotheticals, but if people are going to say what the clerks "should have done," I would like to point out all the things the asthma sufferer "should have done."

  9. #19
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    If she died I would have asked why a person with a medical condition that can debilitate her at any time didn't always carry around with her the medication she needed to deal with that medical condition. She has a responsibility to her own health. Nobody else. If she doesn't regard her medical condition with the forethought necessary, that is her own fault and nobody else's.
    So, you have never had a bad day when you forgot something?

  10. #20
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Was CVS Pharmacy right or wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    So, you have never had a bad day when you forgot something?
    No, I've had plenty of them. I just don't try to make other people responsible for them.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •