View Poll Results: Where do you stand?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • For Same Sex Marriage

    10 83.33%
  • Against Same Sex Marriage

    4 33.33%
  • For spousal rights

    10 83.33%
  • Against Spousal rights

    2 16.67%
  • For allowing LGBT to adopt

    10 83.33%
  • Against allowing LGBT to adopt

    3 25.00%
  • For DADT

    3 25.00%
  • Against DADT

    8 66.67%
  • For Anti-Discrimination Laws

    5 41.67%
  • Against Anti-Discrimination Laws

    7 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: A question for members of the Tea Party?

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I believe homosexuality is a sin and does not fit under the status of marriage. I also think homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to adopt because it's best for them to grow in a father and mother environment, not a daddy/daddy or mommy/mommy environment.
    Let me ask you this, why do you think that people should be forced to conform to your religious beliefs?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Let me ask you this, why do you think that people should be forced to conform to your religious beliefs?
    I'm not forcing gay people to stop being gay. I'm just against legally recognizing it as marriage equal to a heterosexual union.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I'm not forcing gay people to stop being gay. I'm just against legally recognizing it as marriage equal to a heterosexual union.
    But your belief that marriage is just between a man and a women is a religious belief, and your belief that same sex couples shouldn't adopt also stems from the religious belief that homosexuality is inferior to heterosexuality. Now why should the people who don't belief your specific set of religious beliefs be forced to follow laws that stem from your religion?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But your belief that marriage is just between a man and a women is a religious belief, and your belief that same sex couples shouldn't adopt also stems from the religious belief that homosexuality is inferior to heterosexuality. Now why should the people who don't belief your specific set of religious beliefs be forced to follow laws that stem from your religion?
    It's also my legal opinion as the roles of marriage are husband and wife, gender specific roles. Same sex couples don't fit that, therefore their union is not marriage legally and definitively. I believe kids should have a stable mother and father. Adopting parents have to prove stability in most places and must prove to be supportive and able to raise a child. Why should I be forced to treat homosexuality as something non-sinful and recognize it as legal marriage? My state has already constitutionally defined marriage, others have defined it a different way. It's up to society.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362
    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It's also my legal opinion as the roles of marriage are husband and wife, gender specific roles. Same sex couples don't fit that, therefore their union is not marriage legally and definitively. I believe kids should have a stable mother and father. Adopting parents have to prove stability in most places and must prove to be supportive and able to raise a child. Why should I be forced to treat homosexuality as something non-sinful and recognize it as legal marriage? My state has already constitutionally defined marriage, others have defined it a different way. It's up to society.
    Legally, that is breaking the 14th amendment. Why should someone be denied the contract of marriage just based on their gender? And numerous studies show that two parent homosexual home is just as effective at raising kids as two parent heterosexual homes.
    Also stop with the argument that you have to accept homosexuality as something as non-sinful. It's crap, you don't have to recognize anything, but the state does. You can believe that homosexuals who get married aren't really married all you want, nor does your church have to recognize their marriage, but the state can't deny them the contract of marriage, because you believe it is sinful.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #26
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I consider myself someone who agrees with the foundation of the tea party. I am for same sex marriage, for spousal right, for gay adoption and.....I didn't choose on the anti-discrimination laws because there are always 12,000 other things stuffed into a law that have zero to do with the actual law.....so I can't be for that unless I agree with EVERYTHING that's in the law.
    my thoughts exactly



  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Legally, that is breaking the 14th amendment. Why should someone be denied the contract of marriage just based on their gender? And numerous studies show that two parent homosexual home is just as effective at raising kids as two parent heterosexual homes.
    Also stop with the argument that you have to accept homosexuality as something as non-sinful. It's crap, you don't have to recognize anything, but the state does. You can believe that homosexuals who get married aren't really married all you want, nor does your church have to recognize their marriage, but the state can't deny them the contract of marriage, because you believe it is sinful.
    It isn't breaking the 14th Amendment. Not making homosexual unions on par and redefining marriage to include homosexuality does not violate the equal protection clause. Gender roles are not unconstitutional. Gender discrimination is not always wrong. It's not wrong to have male and female bathrooms. Likewise, men are the only ones who must sign up for the selective service (draft), women do not. Are these practices also illegal gender discrimination? Back in the 70's the nation voted on The Equal Rights Amendment. The 3 main points were
    Section 1. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

    Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

    Section 3. This amendment shall take effect two years after the date of ratification."
    This amendment failed. It was voted down. Had this been passed barring a man from being a wife would be unconstitutional. However, the opposite is true. Gender roles are not unconstitutional, in fact it would be unconstitutional to try and apply a failed amendment to the Constitution.

    Living in a state that extend legal marriage to homosexuality and takes the stance that it is moral does force me to accept it within society and law. However, in my state it's illegal and has been legally defined as a union only between one man and one woman (making polygamy and ssm illegal in TN). I live in the state, my views deserve to be represented just as much as the pro-ssm people in MA have their views represented in law. The state can deny them the contract of marriage, in fact it's against the state constitution to allow one where I live.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It isn't breaking the 14th Amendment. Not making homosexual unions on par and redefining marriage to include homosexuality does not violate the equal protection clause. Gender roles are not unconstitutional. Gender discrimination is not always wrong. It's not wrong to have male and female bathrooms. Likewise, men are the only ones who must sign up for the selective service (draft), women do not. Are these practices also illegal gender discrimination? Back in the 70's the nation voted on The Equal Rights Amendment. The 3 main points were

    This amendment failed. It was voted down. Had this been passed barring a man from being a wife would be unconstitutional. However, the opposite is true. Gender roles are not unconstitutional, in fact it would be unconstitutional to try and apply a failed amendment to the Constitution.

    Living in a state that extend legal marriage to homosexuality and takes the stance that it is moral does force me to accept it within society and law. However, in my state it's illegal and has been legally defined as a union only between one man and one woman (making polygamy and ssm illegal in TN). I live in the state, my views deserve to be represented just as much as the pro-ssm people in MA have their views represented in law. The state can deny them the contract of marriage, in fact it's against the state constitution to allow one where I live.
    You're wrong, the 14th amendment does protect gender. It is in the middle tier scrutiny under the equal protection clause. In order to discriminate based on gender the government must show a state interest in such discrimination. Regarding the bathrooms, the state can do that, regarding only males having to sign up for the draft, the state can do that. Regarding marriage the state can not show such state interest to deny those rights based on gender. Plain and simple.

    And no you will never be forced to accept SSM as equal, or moral, stop using that strawman. No one is forcing you to get a SSM, and no one is forcing you to approve, but you are not the state, your religious beliefs don't override the 14th amendment. It's like saying the KKK are being forced to accept black people as equal because they can't legally discriminate against them. It's a bad argument, and it's just not true.
    I'm also a Christian, but I believe that homosexuality isn't a sin, and believe that SSM is equal to heterosexual marriage, and should be given the same legal status. Now why does your religious view override mine? It doesn't, they are the same in regards to the government, and shouldn't affect government policy. Unless your side can show a non religious reason to deny LGBT couples SSM that benefits the state, then your opinion has nothing to stand on.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But your belief that marriage is just between a man and a women is a religious belief, and your belief that same sex couples shouldn't adopt also stems from the religious belief that homosexuality is inferior to heterosexuality. Now why should the people who don't belief your specific set of religious beliefs be forced to follow laws that stem from your religion?



    Let me ask you. COuld someone jave a reason to believe so that isnt religeous in nature?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A question for members of the Tea Party?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I don't think that there would be any consensus about this in the Tea Party. The movement to me seems based wholly on economic and budgetary issues, not social issues.
    Exactly.

    Which makes me wonder where in the hell were they during the Bush years?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •