View Poll Results: Does Glenn Beck believe what he says?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he genuinely believes what he says.

    4 25.00%
  • No, he doesn't believe anything he says.

    4 25.00%
  • Yes and no - he believes some of it and some he doesn't believe at all (explain)

    8 50.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

  1. #21
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,696

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Let me know when you're ready to actually answer the question.
    good luck with that

    we should start an over/under poll with 6 weeks being a starting point



  2. #22
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think he believes in the constitution. I think he's a person of faith. I think that he considers the founding fathers to be heroes, and he thinks America is the greatest country on earth. I think that he's most accurately classified as a libertarian.

    I actually agree with him on those things. However, I find his shoddy intellectualizing pretty sad. he's not a good student, and he'd have benefited from an academically rigorous college education.
    No you didn't. That's not nice.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,696

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think he believes in the constitution. I think he's a person of faith. I think that he considers the founding fathers to be heroes, and he thinks America is the greatest country on earth. I think that he's most accurately classified as a libertarian.

    I actually agree with him on those things. However, I find his shoddy intellectualizing pretty sad. he's not a good student, and he'd have benefited from an academically rigorous college education.
    academic rigor and 100% intellectual consistency quickly bores a listening audience.



  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    academic rigor and 100% intellectual consistency quickly bores a listening audience.
    It wouldn't bore me, but I realize that my IQ is in the top 1%. Yours probably is, too.

    I think I'd have more respect for beck if he weren't such a lazy thinker. I think it's possible to stimulate his audience intellectually without relying on lazy intellectual shortcuts.\

    This American Life does it for me every Sunday (and normally, NPR bores me to tears).

    I think Beck's show actually demonstrates that there is a hunger in America for intellectual stimulation. The problem is that Beck lacks the background to know how to think critically about sources. He latches on to whatever source stimulates his interest without realizing that some of them are highly biased.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 10-06-10 at 09:54 PM.

  5. #25
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,696

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    It wouldn't bore me, but I realize that my IQ is in the top 1%. Yours probably is, too.

    I think I'd have more respect for beck if he weren't such a lazy thinker. I think it's possible to stimulate his audience intellectually without relying on lazy intellectual shortcuts.\

    This American Life does it for me every Sunday (and normally, NPR bores me to tears).
    appealing to people like us isn't going to make him much money. Of course stupid stuff can be entertaining-heck I like watching Steven Seagal Films



  6. #26
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think he believes in the constitution. I think he's a person of faith. I think that he considers the founding fathers to be heroes, and he thinks America is the greatest country on earth. I think that he's most accurately classified as a libertarian.

    I actually agree with him on those things. However, I find his shoddy intellectualizing pretty sad. he's not a good student, and he'd have benefited from an academically rigorous college education.
    Why did you choose "yes and no"? What does he say that he doesn't believe?
    Last edited by Josie; 10-06-10 at 09:56 PM.


  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    appealing to people like us isn't going to make him much money. Of course stupid stuff can be entertaining-heck I like watching Steven Seagal Films
    Dude, I love American Pie. Have you seen Kick Ass? GREAT MOVIE.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Why did you choose "yes and no"? What does he he say that he doesn't believe?
    I think he exaggerates for effect (the crying, the constant moaning about socialism, etc.). Thus, it's difficult for me to consider him completely honest.

  9. #29
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,696

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Dude, I love American Pie. Have you seen Kick Ass? GREAT MOVIE.
    nah I don't watch too many movies but I will wait for it comes to the boob tube. American Pie-is that the one that has the girl who played the hot lesbo-witch on Buffy the vampire slayer. (Allyson Hannigan)



  10. #30
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Do you believe that Glenn Beck believes what he says?

    I believe his emotions are genuine, but I find them highly annoying at times. After he had surgery and he posted that overly-emotional video on his website, he was a MESS on the radio. I turned it off because it just wasn't something I wanted to hear.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •