View Poll Results: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 59.57%
  • No

    19 40.43%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 110

Thread: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

  1. #81
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    His Guilt by association is something I was doing on my own with Obama as soon as he came into the picture during the election.
    I wouldn't call it a trick. I would call it, here are the facts, come to your own conclusions. That's also what Beck says.
    Well, the thing is....Beck says come to your own conclusions, do the research, but that does not really in anyway make him modest on the program. He is incredibly sure about what he thinks, believes it is absolutely true, and his recent fact versus opinion schtick is not taking away from the fact that he is painting a picture that is more picaso than a realist. For the most part, you have to buy into his grand theory of "progressivism is bad" because anything that is seen as bad is then connected with progressivism, but not with much else-even if it was connected with an incredibly diverse segment of the population who were not progressives. His war on progressives has made his show blind to complexity of ideas and the differentiation of individuals and groups.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 10-06-10 at 09:43 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #82
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I can see the entertainment value of it.. but this is to deep for many appearently to grasp. So for me it comes off as not funny in that light.
    Look, liberals do it all the time. Most people will do it. I have almost (almost) given up trying to get into a Socratic dialogue everytime I see someone use the word "neocon", because most of the time, there is no forethought given to it when it is written.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #83
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Look, liberals do it all the time. Most people will do it. I have almost (almost) given up trying to get into a Socratic dialogue everytime I see someone use the word "neocon", because most of the time, there is no forethought given to it when it is written.
    If it walks like a chicken, clucks like a chicken, looks like a chicken.. it might well be one.

  4. #84
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Glenn says the same thing about progressives.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If it walks like a chicken, clucks like a chicken, looks like a chicken.. it might well be one.
    Wow. Thanks for demonstrating exactly the close-mindedness that fiddytree was referencing.

    I'm a neo-conservative, in the historic sense. I'm a social liberal, a fiscal conservative, and a hawk on foreign policy.

  6. #86
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Glenn says the same thing about progressives.
    At least progressives don't pretend to be a messenger of god or preacher of a said unproven religion that is bias for capitalist utopian ideals.

  7. #87
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Wow. Thanks for demonstrating exactly the close-mindedness that fiddytree was referencing.

    I'm a neo-conservative, in the historic sense. I'm a social liberal, a fiscal conservative, and a hawk on foreign policy.
    And your point is? Neocons don't exist? which ?

  8. #88
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    At least progressives don't pretend to be a messenger of god or preacher of a said unproven religion that is bias for capitalist utopian ideals.
    No, but they can pretend to be the messenger of history in an unproven basis believing in some sort reformed utopia.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #89
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    And your point is? Neocons don't exist? which ?
    I think her point was that sometimes ideas are complicated and not so clear-cut. My point was that there were usually slim basis for supposedly being a neoconservative (ie. anyone who supported the war in Iraq).
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 10-06-10 at 09:59 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    And your point is? Neocons don't exist? which ?
    That there is a wide range of thought that you want to slap that label on. And in your mind, it means a couple of specific things. You don't understand neo-conservativism, and yet you want to vilify it. That's sad. How dare you talk about how unintellectual Glenn Beck listeners are? You fall prey to the same mental traps.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •