View Poll Results: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 59.57%
  • No

    19 40.43%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 110

Thread: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

  1. #31
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    I LOVED John Adams.

    I've also read The Real George Washington, The Real Benjamin Franklin, The Real Thomas Jefferson. Very excellent books as well.


  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    LOL- From your link. care to try again?

    Rip-off Report Investigation: Goldline International commits to total customer satisfaction, pledges to address complaints & inquiries. Goldline.com commitment to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Goldline employees will go above and beyond the client’s expectation in the pursuit of excellence in every aspect of the business – Goldline has been helping consumers buy gold and other precious metals since 1960. They provide extensive free information to help people make informed choices when buying precious metals. - feel confident & secure when doing business with Goldline International.
    Oddly enough Goldline is a member of this fee based program at Ripoff.com:

    Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Program...

    1. Verifies all reports and rebuttals, determines the truthfulness of the complaints and exposes those posted erroneously or maliciously.
    2. Sends a positive email that we draft together to each person who posted a report about your company, notifying them your firm has offered to negotiate in good faith to resolve their complaint.
    3. Updates all reports with your commitment to right customer wrongs.
    4. Gives you, our member business, the opportunity to provide your side of the story and link to your own website, where you may post your commitment.

    When you demonstrate your commitment to improving the relationships you have with your customers, you build goodwill inside and outside the company. If you heard a company say, "We are glad this came to our attention, and we want unhappy customers to contact us because we're committed to 100% customer satisfaction, and we're taking actions that will ensure this never happens again," you'd think well of the company, and so would its prospective customers.

    Few are able to admit their involvement in any wrongdoing. Few are willing to go so far in pleasing their customers. Not everyone is up to the task. Are you?

    Take responsibility for your business and your customers by becoming a member today.
    Note on Qualification:

    * Fees for enrolling in the program are based upon the number of Reports filed and in some cases, the number of offices you have. Additionally, there is a flat set-up fee to offset the costs associated with programming and contract legalities. Rate sheets will be sent upon completion and verification of the intake questionnaire.
    * If participation in this program would honestly create a financial hardship, but you desire to participate, we will work with you to find a way to make it work. This may require providing financial documents proving hardship.

    Rip-off Report

  3. #33
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    LOL- From your link. care to try again?

    Rip-off Report Investigation: Goldline International commits to total customer satisfaction, pledges to address complaints & inquiries. Goldline.com commitment to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Goldline employees will go above and beyond the client’s expectation in the pursuit of excellence in every aspect of the business – Goldline has been helping consumers buy gold and other precious metals since 1960. They provide extensive free information to help people make informed choices when buying precious metals. - feel confident & secure when doing business with Goldline International.
    uhh. I wonder how much they paid for that..lol. Sorry about that, clearly a bad link and a poor source.

    msnbc.com Video Player

  4. #34
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Beck is an actor/entertainer and a pretty good one at that; he knows how to pull the heart strings of his devoted fans by crying and being nostalgic. He mixes truths with outright lies and unless you know history very well it's hard to tell the difference.

    I watched his Fox show exactly once for the full hour and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was they day he had the disgraced Democratic Congressman Eric Massa.















  5. #35
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?



  6. #36
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    It's not because they watch him. It's because they mindlessly parrot his rhetoric on internet bulletin boards.
    Does it take an intelligent person to consistantly berate (on message boards) someone who they think is fake, ignorant, and mindless entertainment?

    If you knew anything at all about Beck, you might still hate him, but you would not be 100% against everthing about him.
    Shoot, as much as I can't stand Rachel Maddow, I'm not going to start or participate in a bunch of threads just to tell people what I liar I think she is. There would also be times when I'd have to admit she said something funny.

    It's almost like a few on here have an agenda. An agenda similar to Media Matters and George Soros. Does your pay get docked if you ever say anything good about Beck?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #37
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Because it's dangerous for a society made up by mostly ignorant people to follow somebody who is even more ignorant. Do you think Glenn Beck actually cares about what he's saying? This is a guy who makes a paycheck by getting people too dumb to think for themselves to come to his rallies. I mean honestly, wake up. The overwhelming majority of people who actually 'follow' talk show hosts of any ideology are too dumb to actually look at issues for themselves. It's the reason people watch Olberman, Hannity, O'Reilley, Oprah, Dr. Phil. It's because they're too ignorant to go to their local library and make up their own minds on the subject. I equate people who watch and defend talk shows to university kids who pretend to be socialists only the stupidity comes from a completely different place.
    Ignorance is a matter of perspective.

    I think belief in God (any of them) is ignorant - but there are by far more who believe than those who don't. . . so - does that mean that everyone's a fool and I'm one of the few 'smart' people? No - surely not. It's perspective. One thing doesn't necessarily lead to the other.

    According to the President you can tell a lot about someone's character by how they play the game of basketball.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 10-06-10 at 06:58 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #38
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Beck is an actor/entertainer and a pretty good one at that; he knows how to pull the heart strings of his devoted fans by crying and being nostalgic. He mixes truths with outright lies and unless you know history very well it's hard to tell the difference.

    I watched his Fox show exactly once for the full hour and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was they day he had the disgraced Democratic Congressman Eric Massa.













    Yea and did you hear him apologize to his viewers for wasting their time on that one?
    Hell, if that's the only time you ever watched him, no wonder you think he is a waste of time.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #39
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Does it take an intelligent person to consistantly berate (on message boards) someone who they think is fake, ignorant, and mindless entertainment?

    If you knew anything at all about Beck, you might still hate him, but you would not be 100% against everthing about him.
    Shoot, as much as I can't stand Rachel Maddow, I'm not going to start or participate in a bunch of threads just to tell people what I liar I think she is. There would also be times when I'd have to admit she said something funny.

    It's almost like a few on here have an agenda. An agenda similar to Media Matters and George Soros. Does your pay get docked if you ever say anything good about Beck?
    Rachel Maddow is in no way any sort of equivalent of beck.. She has good and responsible reporting. Only thing that comes close on MSNBC is the ED show but even he does not hold a candle to beck.. Beck is a fake and a snake oil salesman for .. people that have difficulty understanding political philosophy. Religion/tax cuts does not equate economic utopia.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Is Glenn Beck a Fake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    And so there are intelligent Beck fans? Which .. ? I am sorry the definition of stupid does not include the beck believers but that doesn't mean that clearly there are many that have been duped. Politics and philosophy dealing with it doesn't boil down to faith in god and tax cuts for the wealthy.( or ripping off the same believers with a money scam like Goldline.) Beck is a pathetic snake oil salesman.
    Why is all the "intelligent" people who are not Beck fans can't come up with anything other than name calling to discredit him?

    Repeating the lie about goldline being a scam won't make it true either.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •