View Poll Results: Worst American President

Voters
227. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

    141 62.11%
  • George W. Bush

    30 13.22%
  • Franklin Pierce

    3 1.32%
  • Herbert Hoover

    6 2.64%
  • Warren G. Harding

    6 2.64%
  • FDR

    8 3.52%
  • James Buchanan

    9 3.96%
  • Ulysses S. Grant

    2 0.88%
  • Other

    22 9.69%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 305

Thread: Worst American Presidents

  1. #1
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Worst American Presidents

    You only get one vote. Choose Wisely.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #2
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Jimmy Carter - which I'm surprised is not on your list.

    Great humanitarian - horrible, horrible POTUS.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  3. #3
    User MajinLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    10-01-10 @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Ronald Reagan for modern history. I guess Harrison for the old history since all he did was get sick and die.

  4. #4
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Jimmy Carter - which I'm surprised is not on your list.

    Great humanitarian - horrible, horrible POTUS.
    Vote other. Carter is nowhere near on my list to worst. Hoover, Harding or one of the idiots that did nothing to stop the Civil War top my list. Honestly. Carter cannot even compare to those who let 500,000 Americans die because they lacked the courage to do what was necessary.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Tough choice. Buchanan, Harding, or Coolidge. I can excuse Harding to some extent. He was just stupid and completely unqualified for the job... even he knew it. He wasn't corrupt as much as those he put in important positions were corrupt. Buchanan's lack of leadership and action lead to the Civil War, Coolidge's lack of leadership and action lead to the Great Depression. Hmmm... Buchanan was a life long statesman, having been a Representative, a Senator, and a Secretary of State, and should have known better. I give him a little sympathy because he did not have the kind of personality to be President during the time in which he served, a time that required strong leadership, but that does not excuse his failures.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #6
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Aside from the Harding issue, I agree. I feel that historical presidents are far worse then contemporary ones. Maybe people have short memories? Honestly, nothing any recent president has done comes close to letting the Civil War happen IMO.

    Half a million Americans dead. And you refused to do what was necessary to stop it. No contemporary president can top that.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Pierce for doing absolutely nothing to help save the union.

    And setting the state for the Civil War.
    Last edited by Your Star; 09-30-10 at 04:21 AM.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #8
    Student Sidgaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lost in Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-19-14 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    160

    Re: Worst American Presidents


  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Aside from the Harding issue, I agree. I feel that historical presidents are far worse then contemporary ones. Maybe people have short memories? Honestly, nothing any recent president has done comes close to letting the Civil War happen IMO.

    Half a million Americans dead. And you refused to do what was necessary to stop it. No contemporary president can top that.
    I'm curious. What about Harding, that I said, do you disagree with?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Worst American Presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Pierce for doing absolutely nothing to help save the union.

    And setting the state for the Civil War.
    Pierce was certainly in the bottom 5, and the signing of the Kansas-Nebraska Act... repealing the Missouri Compromise which pretty much made the Civil War, imminent was a pretty bad decision, but it was on Buchanan's watch that the US "dissolved" and he did nothing to try to stop it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •