View Poll Results: Are White People an oppressed minority in America?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    135 71.43%
  • No

    53 28.04%
  • Dunno

    1 0.53%
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 295

Thread: Are White People an oppressed minority?

  1. #61
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    You know, I could have sworn he said unsuccessful people are lazy and unmotivated.
    No, he stated:
    Don't blame whitey because "some" people are too lazy, unmotivated, whatever to avail themselves of this opportunity.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    That's not true. There have been multiple black people who have run for president. Only one made it past the primary stages.
    I stand corrected. However, were they denied the position based on race?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #63
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    No, he stated:
    So where's the reference to non whites?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #64
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    incorrect. I stated, don't blame me for you not taking advantage of opportunity. sad that some race baiting tards have to look for racism in everything.
    I'm a "tard" now because i called you out? Interesting....

    you have any proof to show otherwise?
    Are you saying i am simply making this statistic up?

    how does it not?

    assume two kids apply to the same college. one white, one minority they both have the same SAT/ACT/whatever scores. but because the entrance requirement for minorities is lower, the minority kid gets accepted and the white kid gets turned away.

    can you honestly tell me that isn't an advantage?
    This doesn't even make sense. You are stating that the white kid does not meet the minimum entrance requirements (regardless of his non white counterpart).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #65
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    So where's the reference to non whites?
    He implied non whites by stating, don't blame whitey. Unless white people blame other white people for their perceived disadvantages.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #66
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I'm a "tard" now because i called you out? Interesting....
    that's not why



    Are you saying i am simply making this statistic up?
    I don't dispute the statistic, just your implication that it is due to racism instead of a failing among blacks themselves.



    This doesn't even make sense. You are stating that the white kid does not meet the minimum entrance requirements (regardless of his non white counterpart).
    yeah, the white kid doesn't meet the entrance requirement because his requirement is HIGHER than the black kid.

    How ****ing hard is that to understand?

    If you and I take a test and I must score 80% to pass but you only have to score 60% to pass. Does that not give you an advantage?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #67
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    that's not why
    So you do admit to making a personal attack. Interesting.

    I don't dispute the statistic, just your implication that it is due to racism instead of a failing among blacks themselves.
    I asked you a question, and instead of answering, you assume my position. This is probably because you do not understand what unemployment is.

    yeah, the white kid doesn't meet the entrance requirement because his requirement is HIGHER than the black kid.

    How ****ing hard is that to understand?

    If you and I take a test and I must score 80% to pass but you only have to score 60% to pass. Does that not give you an advantage?
    An advantage for what? Future underachievement? To believe that an advantage equates to lower expectations is to remove its meaning. Good day....
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    I'll start believing white men are being oppressed in the U.S. when the first class cabin of the planes I fly in starts being dominated by people of color and women. White men tend to control the upper echelons of finance, business, government, the military, criminal justice, and the university systems, in the U.S. at least.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Then do your best to explain to me the unemployment situation in the US. Why is the black unemployment rate @ 17% in the US? Laziness?
    For starters, blacks are far less likely to graduate from high school than whites. Educational attainment makes a huge difference in employment success.

    http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=16

    Black males also offend criminally at a higher rate than white males.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an..._United_States

    (and males offend many times more than females in violent crimes).

    By percentage, there are more black gang members than white gang members.



    Black youths are also more likely to come from a single parent home than white youths.

    http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data...s.aspx?ind=107

    All of these factors have an impact on employment rates.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 09-30-10 at 11:25 AM.

  10. #70
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    So you do admit to making a personal attack. Interesting.
    reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. I have admitted to nothing. You, on the other hand, have repeatedly implied that I am a racist. so before you squeal "personal attack" take a good long look in the mirror.



    I asked you a question, and instead of answering, you assume my position. This is probably because you do not understand what unemployment is.
    now you are just talking gibberish. it really is quite simple. The black unemployment rate is 17%. why??? I assume it is due to some failing among blacks. you think I am incorrect. So, give me some proof that the black unemployment rate is higher due to some factor beyond their control.



    An advantage for what? Future underachievement? To believe that an advantage equates to lower expectations is to remove its meaning. Good day....
    yeah, which is why all these affirmative action programs are bull****. but it does give minorities OPPORTUNITY (which was what this about ). What they choose to make of that opportunity is up to them.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •