View Poll Results: Are White People an oppressed minority in America?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    135 71.43%
  • No

    53 28.04%
  • Dunno

    1 0.53%
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 295

Thread: Are White People an oppressed minority?

  1. #51
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    In America, if you're in a position of power in government or a company, chances are 9 out of 10 times you're going to be white. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that but admitting it never hurt anyone.
    that's due in part because if you are an american chances are 9 out of 10 times you are white. blacks make up about 12% of the ****ing population, in a "fair" world they should statistically hold about 12% of the positions of power. Anyone with loads of spare time out there want to take a look at congress and calculate the % of black congressmen/women?

    I don't think whites are oppressed, but I do think that there are situations and times where being white is a disadvantage. That and we seem to get blamed for an awful lot of crap that really isn't our fault.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #52
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    No....

    White people born in developed countries have every advantage in the world.
    Anyone, black or white, born in developed countries have every advantage in the world. Don't blame whitey because "some" people are too lazy, unmotivated, whatever to avail themselves of this opportunity.

    In the US there are all kinds of govt job/education/training programs available to minorities.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #53
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Anyone, black or white, born in developed countries have every advantage in the world. Don't blame whitey because "some" people are too lazy, unmotivated, whatever to avail themselves of this opportunity.

    In the US there are all kinds of govt job/education/training programs available to minorities.
    I'll ignore your quasi-racism on the basis of "it's not your fault."

    For a learning experience, go to a predominately black community, such as Gary, Indiana, and tell me what you see. Then, go to a predominately white community, such as Chesterton, Indiana, and tell me what you see.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #54
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I'll ignore your quasi-racism on the basis of "it's not your fault."
    since when is stating the truth racism?

    For a learning experience, go to a predominately black community, such as Gary, Indiana, and tell me what you see. Then, go to a predominately white community, such as Chesterton, Indiana, and tell me what you see.
    do you really want to go there???

    There is no way to possibly accurately describe the difference without some libtard accusing me of being a racist.

    blacks have the same opportunity as whites when it comes to education. they probably have an advantage because many places have lower entrance requirements for minorities and most places offer minority scholarships.

    Anyone who wants to succeed in this country has the opportunity.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #55
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    since when is stating the truth racism?
    You stated that the reason "non-whites" are less successful as a whole is because they are lazy and unmotivated.

    do you really want to go there???

    There is no way to possibly accurately describe the difference without some libtard accusing me of being a racist.

    blacks have the same opportunity as whites when it comes to education. they probably have an advantage because many places have lower entrance requirements for minorities and most places offer minority scholarships.

    Anyone who wants to succeed in this country has the opportunity.
    Then do your best to explain to me the unemployment situation in the US. Why is the black unemployment rate @ 17% in the US? Laziness?

    edit: Lower entrance examines gives you an advantage. I guess MIT has got it all wrong.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 09-30-10 at 10:38 AM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Look at the rate of white CEOs, white white(no repeat) collar workers, white-black income disparities etc. Whites do far better than blacks in all of these. Whites outnumber blacks in congress, senate etc. I mean it took 44 presidents to have a single black president. Even after we were supposedly equal not a single party decided to give the ticket to a 'competent' black person for POTUS for nearly 50 years. In America, if you're in a position of power in government or a company, chances are 9 out of 10 times you're going to be white. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that but admitting it never hurt anyone.

    Does this mean they are oppressed? No. Are blacks paid less based on race? No. I could make a counter example and point out all the black athletes that make millions. There is a disproportionate amount of black people on sports teams (especially the NFL and NBA). How many black people have run for president? Just one. If we really want to scrutinize, we could say blacks have a 100% success rate when it comes to presidential elections. How can an oppressed minority group be elected by the populace to the most powerful position in our country?

    Are Asians a privileged majority? They make more than whites (and everyone else).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #57
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,873
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    You stated that the reason "non-whites" are less successful as a whole is because they are lazy and unmotivated.
    You know, I could have sworn he said unsuccessful people are lazy and unmotivated.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #58
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    How many black people have run for president? Just one.
    That's not true. There have been multiple black people who have run for president. Only one made it past the primary stages.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #59
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    When you have the likes of this idiot mouthing off to his devotees it foments the type of question asked in the poll:

    On the April 2 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Glenn Beck claimed that "[c]onservatives get no respect" and asserted that he "can't win" because he is "American[]," "white," "Christian," and "conservative." He said: "[I]f you are a white human that loves America and happens to be a Christian, forget about it, Jack. You are the only one that doesn't have a political action committee for you." He also said: "I mean, I was talking about it with my family yesterday. I said, 'I'm tired of being the least popular person in the world,' " adding, "We're Americans. Nobody likes Americans. We're Americans, so the world hates us. But then inside of America, we love America -- and that's becoming more and more unpopular." Beck also said that being "Christian[]" is "not popular anymore" and went on to say, "I've got to find one thing that I agree with the rest of the world on, I guess. I'm tired of being in that group."
    Beck on being a white Christian who "loves America": "I just can't win" | Media Matters for America

    Glenn BecKKK. Singing the siren's song to the far right day and night. First Amendment rights in action; the ugly side.

  10. #60
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    You stated that the reason "non-whites" are less successful as a whole is because they are lazy and unmotivated.
    incorrect. I stated, don't blame me for you not taking advantage of opportunity. sad that some race baiting tards have to look for racism in everything.



    Then do your best to explain to me the unemployment situation in the US. Why is the black unemployment rate @ 17% in the US? Laziness?
    you have any proof to show otherwise?

    edit: Lower entrance examines gives you an advantage. I guess MIT has got it all wrong.
    how does it not?

    assume two kids apply to the same college. one white, one minority they both have the same SAT/ACT/whatever scores. but because the entrance requirement for minorities is lower, the minority kid gets accepted and the white kid gets turned away.

    can you honestly tell me that isn't an advantage?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •