View Poll Results: Are White People an oppressed minority in America?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    135 71.43%
  • No

    53 28.04%
  • Dunno

    1 0.53%
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 295

Thread: Are White People an oppressed minority?

  1. #181
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I am talking about these people that are born into money and are somehow "golden" simply because of their last name and bank accounts. I am using the term brats to describe rich folks "born" into money, raised to be lazy and think they never have to strike a lick cause they have a certain last name or because they were born into money.

    They are those kinds of kids that can kill someone while driving drunk or shoot, rape someone and never spend much time in lockdown.

    I think you know exactly what I meant but in case you did not? I think maybe you will start to understand me now.

    BTW, what do you mean by it speaks volumes of me about using word brat?
    I LOVE arresting those kinds of people.

    It makes my pen-is hard.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I am talking about these people that are born into money and are somehow "golden" simply because of their last name and bank accounts. I am using the term brats to describe rich folks "born" into money, raised to be lazy and think they never have to strike a lick cause they have a certain last name or because they were born into money.

    They are those kinds of kids that can kill someone while driving drunk or shoot, rape someone and never spend much time in lockdown.

    I think you know exactly what I meant but in case you did not? I think maybe you will start to understand me now.

    BTW, what do you mean by it speaks volumes of me about using word brat?
    Nothing bad.

    Thanks for the clarification.

  3. #183
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yes, because the Boys 'n Da Hood aren't racists at all
    Did you ever see that movie? There's a scene in it with Cuba Gooding Jr and a black cop that was so over-dramatic that I actually laughed during it.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #184
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Did you ever see that movie? There's a scene in it with Cuba Gooding Jr and a black cop that was so over-dramatic that I actually laughed during it.
    great scene. I thought it was great example of how any black who actually tries to succeed in life (other than rappers and pro athletes) are considered "uncle toms" and derided by other blacks.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #185
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    great scene. I thought it was great example of how any black who actually tries to succeed in life (other than rappers and pro athletes) are considered "uncle toms" and derided by other blacks.
    I just saw it as stereotyping cops.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #186
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I just saw it as stereotyping cops.
    well...that too. but they didn't really have to make the black cop so over-the-top condescending and rude now did they?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #187
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    well...that too. but they didn't really have to make the black cop so over-the-top condescending and rude now did they?
    Well, yeah, they did. That's a stereotype that cops have.

    I don't agree with your theory because one of the central themes was about trying make something of themselves instead fo getting wrapped up in the nonsense.

    Hell, it ends with two of the characters going off to college.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #188
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Well, yeah, they did. That's a stereotype that cops have.

    I don't agree with your theory because one of the central themes was about trying make something of themselves instead fo getting wrapped up in the nonsense.

    Hell, it ends with two of the characters going off to college.

    with the footnote of "doughboy" getting murdered shortly thereafter
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #189
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    with the footnote of "doughboy" getting murdered shortly thereafter
    Exactly. From that, as well as Lawrence Fishburn's character in general, I didn't get the impression that those who tried to succeed were being viewed as "uncle toms" in that movie.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #190
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Are White People an oppressed minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Exactly. From that, as well as Lawrence Fishburn's character in general, I didn't get the impression that those who tried to succeed were being viewed as "uncle toms" in that movie.
    maybe not the whole movie in general but in the cops scene I think it was. otherwise why not have the white cop be the "bad guy". I got the impression they were trying to say that black cops are more prejudiced against blacks than are white cops.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •