View Poll Results: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 83.05%
  • No

    10 16.95%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 211

Thread: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Provide proof of your statement
    Because knowledge is power, and giving people the proper knowledge to base their decisions on is the best course of action in any situation. You got any proof that abstinence only sex education actually reduces teen pregnancies, and STI's? Or that denying people knowledge is actually helps people?

    Can you even agree that teens do have a sex drive? Or are you just gonna ignore that fact?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #82
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And teenagers have a sex drive, you can't ignore it. And those teen pregnancies, and STI's are because of abstinence only sex education, which is still taught in alot of school districts.
    Teen pregnancies and STDs occur when students are exposed to safe sex only education too, ya know.


  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Teen pregnancies and STDs occur when students are exposed to safe sex only education too, ya know.
    Yes, both of those things are going to happen no matter what, but with proper education students are less likely to have those things happen to them.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Teen pregnancies and STDs occur when students are exposed to safe sex only education too, ya know.
    And your point is ?

  5. #85
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes, both of those things are going to happen no matter what, but with proper education students are less likely to have those things happen to them.
    Do you agree with me that students should be taught safe sex practices, but abstinence should be encouraged?


  6. #86
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Do you agree with me that students should be taught safe sex practices, but abstinence should be encouraged?
    I don't think anything should be encouraged, the students should be given all the information available, so they can make the best choice for themselves.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #87
    Student RosieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    06-01-14 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    272

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    In my section of Florida: abstinence only sex ed + first cousins can marry = highest rates of teen pregnancy in the state.

    Coinky-dink? I don't EVEN think so. Thank Heavens they're building a gay gated community nearby or it'd just get worser and worser 'round heah.

    Regards from Rosie
    "If you wanna get it done, you gotta fight for yourself." --Meat Loaf, Bat Outta Hell II

  8. #88
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by RosieS View Post
    In my section of Florida: abstinence only sex ed + first cousins can marry = highest rates of teen pregnancy in the state.

    Coinky-dink? I don't EVEN think so.
    I'd love to hear an explanation for how legalizing marriage between first cousins has caused high rates of teen pregnancy.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 09-27-10 at 07:55 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #89
    Student RosieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    06-01-14 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    272

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I'd love to hear an explanation for how legalizing marriage between first cousins has caused high rates teen pregnancy.
    Yew're not from around heah, are yew? Obviously not or you'd know all about shot-gun weddings. Those weddings aren't between strangers. There's a dearth of traveling salesman sleeping with the farmer's daughters these days. Teenage boys will copulate with available females...most of them blood relatives.

    My county, in particular, has the most 55+ only communities in the state, too. It isn't the grey haired elders that are overcrowding the elementary school classrooms with children here, obviously.

    Regards from Rosie
    "If you wanna get it done, you gotta fight for yourself." --Meat Loaf, Bat Outta Hell II

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Because knowledge is power, and giving people the proper knowledge to base their decisions on is the best course of action in any situation. You got any proof that abstinence only sex education actually reduces teen pregnancies, and STI's? Or that denying people knowledge is actually helps people?

    Can you even agree that teens do have a sex drive? Or are you just gonna ignore that fact?
    Show proof abstinence only caused all teen pregnancies and all STD's

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •