View Poll Results: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 83.05%
  • No

    10 16.95%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 211

Thread: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    how much time and qualification does it take to teach a kid about sex and birth control? It's not rocket science for pete's sake.

    Maybe if you said more words to your kid than "mommy be back" they might know something: Chris Rock
    It is if you're a product of Alabaman sex ed.

  2. #22
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Yeah, God forbid we actually let the education system educate our children.
    It's a joke to call 80% of what goes on there these days "education"

    Johnny can't ****ing read but he knows how to put a condom on a ****ing banana
    Susie can't multiply two 2 digit numbers but she knows that homosexuality is a viable alternative lifestyle


    whatever happened to reading, writing, arithmetic? If peole are so ****ing stupid that they can't be trusted to teach their kids anything, then they are too ****ing stupid to be having kids. forced sterilization for the stupid!!!!!!
    Last edited by OscarB63; 09-27-10 at 05:21 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    well **** me...why not just turn over raising kids to the govt completely? who gets to decide which issues are too important to leave to the parents? let's just do away with parenting altogether. we have the technology. all conceptions can be invitro, all "mothers" can be paid surrogates and then the kids can be raised in govt run institutions where a wide range of "experts" can teach them all they ****ing need to know.
    So you don't want our educational system to teach our kids?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    It's a joke to call 80% of what goes on there these days "education"

    Johnny can't ****ing read but he knows how to put a condom on a ****ing banana
    Susie can't multiply two 2 digit numbers but she knows that homosexuality is a viable alternative lifestyle
    Maybe if we raised those sky high taxes, we could afford good schools.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    It's a joke to call 80% of what goes on there these days "education"

    Johnny can't ****ing read but he knows how to put a condom on a ****ing banana
    Susie can't multiply two 2 digit numbers but she knows that homosexuality is a viable alternative lifestyle
    Actually they can't do neither, because of abstinence only education.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #26
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    It is if you're a product of Alabaman sex ed.
    you know your arguement is crap when you are forced to resort to ad hominems.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #27
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So you don't want our educational system to teach our kids?
    I want the educational system to teach our kids knowledge. morals and ethics should be taught by the parents. I have no problem with sex ed being taught as part of a biology class. and FWIW, I think abstinence only is one of the dumbest ideas to come along in quite some time.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you know your arguement is crap when you are forced to resort to ad hominems.
    I'm not even sure what your argument is.

    Destroy public education so people can be "responsible?" You got exactly the response your post warranted.

  9. #29
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    No, but thanks for your offer. I'll simply continue to advocate central authority in most public matters.
    And I'll continue to remind you that that's not how our country works.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #30
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Should we move away from abstinence only sex education?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patria Antiqua View Post
    Maybe if we raised those sky high taxes, we could afford good schools.
    Yes, because as the evidence has shown, there's a strong correlation between education spending/student and education quality.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •