View Poll Results: Does getting a tattoo rasie or lower people perception of your IQ?

Voters
406. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change, but I think you're sexy

    16 3.94%
  • Not so sexy

    20 4.93%
  • raise IQ by 30 pts

    3 0.74%
  • raise IQ by 60 pts

    3 0.74%
  • lower IQ by 30 pts

    184 45.32%
  • lower IQ by 60 pts

    169 41.63%
  • What's an IQ and why do you think I have one?

    11 2.71%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 171

Thread: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

  1. #41
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I bet you bathe though, you looser sheeple.
    Only when my dog refuses to be in the same room with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #42
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    IMO, visible tats (especially after they get old), body piercing, purple spiked mohawk haircut, saggy pants, etc. are all signs of an some kind of complex, perhaps a need for attention, or maybe even an ego booster. These people are saying "look at me", and we do look, and wonder what kind of job you can have with all that stuff making you look stupid...
    I guess that kind of attention is easier than actually doing something with your life that would allow for admiration....

    And I don't think getting a tattoo lowers your IQ, it just advertises to the rest of the world that your IQ is already sub par...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #43
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    IMO, visible tats (especially after they get old), body piercing, purple spiked mohawk haircut, saggy pants, etc. are all signs of an some kind of complex, perhaps a need for attention, or maybe even an ego booster. These people are saying "look at me", and we do look, and wonder what kind of job you can have with all that stuff making you look stupid...
    I guess that kind of attention is easier than actually doing something with your life that would allow for admiration....

    And I don't think getting a tattoo lowers your IQ, it just advertises to the rest of the world that your IQ is already sub par...
    Yeah, when my 80 year old grandmother got her first tattoo a couple years ago, it was all about the attention. She just screams "LOOK AT ME" while she walks with her walker and her tat is hidden from anyone but those she chooses to show it to. Totally ego-centric, that woman.

    And, I'll tell you what kind of jobs you can get while having tattoos. Any and all.

  4. #44
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ


    Something tells me this guy's not gonna get a substitute teaching job anytime soon.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  5. #45
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    Yeah.. that's why I got tattoos where nobody can see them (unless I want them to be seen) because I want the attention because I'm such a loser with low self esteem. Jesus.... the ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    IMO, visible tats (especially after they get old), body piercing, purple spiked mohawk haircut, saggy pants, etc. are all signs of an some kind of complex, perhaps a need for attention, or maybe even an ego booster. These people are saying "look at me", and we do look, and wonder what kind of job you can have with all that stuff making you look stupid...
    I guess that kind of attention is easier than actually doing something with your life that would allow for admiration....

    And I don't think getting a tattoo lowers your IQ, it just advertises to the rest of the world that your IQ is already sub par...

    On the subject of baggy pants, I never had a problem with them.
    I mean, I thought I knew what people were talking about when they said "pants hanging off his ass"; I thought they were just being uptight prudes.
    I thought they meant that look alterna-guys of various types have been sporting for the past twenty years, where they're walking around in pants several sizes too large, with an inch of boxers and maybe a hint of buttcrack showing.

    But the other day, I realized that I'm the clueless one.
    I was on the bus, and this black guy got on with his boxers fully exposed, wearing jeans belted snugly around his upper thighs. With a belt. Trust Ten, this happened. It was totally bizarre.
    He was walking sort of like a geisha, with little mincing steps because, well, his legs were belted tightly together.
    It was really very strange. I didn't quite what to make of it.
    Never seen anything like it before or since.

  7. #47
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yeah, when my 80 year old grandmother got her first tattoo a couple years ago, it was all about the attention. She just screams "LOOK AT ME" while she walks with her walker and her tat is hidden from anyone but those she chooses to show it to. Totally ego-centric, that woman.

    And, I'll tell you what kind of jobs you can get while having tattoos. Any and all.
    Yeah, I'm really surprised I'm employable at ALL! I guess I should be fortunate to have a white collar job that supports myself and two kids. Yikes.

    And your grandmother...what nerve of her!
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  8. #48
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Yeah.. that's why I got tattoos where nobody can see them (unless I want them to be seen) because I want the attention because I'm such a loser with low self esteem. Jesus.... the ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
    If you don't like my opinion, should I just keep it to myself? do you own this site?
    People who exceed the creep factor are looking for attention, OR exclusion from thegeneral community. see post 44, tell me that guy has a job that involves dealing with the public, circus freak shows excepted....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #49
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ



    My wife got a butterfly tattoo on her left shoulder (her first one) on her 55th birthday. Six weeks later I turned 55. I got a chopped Harley so she would have a place to show off her new tattoo.

    As much as I admire serious tattoo work like Nicky Sixx (Motley Crue Bassist), even he said that sometimes he feels like he's become a caricature of himself.

    Mr. MS-13 in the above picture has to sit for hours while the arresting officer documents his distinguishing marks. When I'm asked if I have any birthmarks, tattoos, or distinguishing marks, I say "no".
    Last edited by d0gbreath; 09-21-10 at 09:41 AM.

  10. #50
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Correlation between tattoos and IQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post


    My wife got a butterfly tattoo on her left shoulder (her first one) on her 55th birthday. Six weeks later I turned 55. I got a chopped Harley so she would have a place to show off her new tattoo.

    As much as I admire serious tattoo work like Nicky Sixx (Motley Crue Bassist), even he said that sometimes he feels like he's become a caricature of himself.

    Mr. MS-13 in the above picture has to sit for hours while the arresting officer documents his distinguishing marks. When I'm asked if I have any birthmarks, tattoos, or distinguishing marks, I say "no".
    Now what loving parents wouldn't want their daughters dating THAT....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •