View Poll Results: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • She dabbled in witchcraft ( but she never joined a covenant, for whatever that's worth)

    1 3.45%
  • Believes that Rats with Human Brains have resulter from the breeding of Humans and Rats

    5 17.24%
  • She believes Masturbation is a form of Adultery, also against condoms!!

    10 34.48%
  • She is a YEC.

    13 44.83%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 108

Thread: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

  1. #61
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So the fact that she called herself a wiccan for a while in high school or freaked out about masturbation back in the 90's shows that she's an airhead?
    There are many other things like her wanting President Clinton to be investigated for the murder of Vince Foster.

    O'Donnell In 1996: Investigate Bill Clinton For Murder Of Vince Foster (VIDEO) | TPMDC

    Christine O'Donnell Slams Welfare, Pop Culture: You Can Legislate Morality (VIDEO)


  2. #62
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There are many other things like her wanting President Clinton to be investigated for the murder of Vince Foster.

    O'Donnell In 1996: Investigate Bill Clinton For Murder Of Vince Foster (VIDEO) | TPMDC

    Christine O'Donnell Slams Welfare, Pop Culture: You Can Legislate Morality (VIDEO)
    Me: "O'Donnell said some dumb things in the 90's. How does that prove she's an airhead?

    You: "Look, here's something else that she said in the 90's!"

    Me: "......"


    Once again, I acknowledge that O'Donnell said some dumb things in her past. What I'm asking you is whether you're arguing that those past dumb statements mean she's an idiot now. If you think that's the case, I'm asking you whether you apply that same logic when its your own preferred candidates under the microscope. I think I know the answer.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    O'Donnell the Young Earth Creationist : Dispatches from the Culture Wars

    Wow.

    Basically anyone who holds a belief that requires water to sort items by complexity rather then size, shape, angle of entry and mass should not hold national office capable of influencing science.
    Anyone who believes socialism is good for humans should be banned from office and human company.

  4. #64
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Anyone who believes socialism is good for humans should be banned from office and human company.
    Yeah, I think the military is good for humans. Oh wait. I guess I should be banned from office.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #65
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    It's like you don't even understand the words that I'm writing.
    Okay, let me try again. The OPs poll gave other reasons to conclude O'Donnell is an airhead besides her dabbling in witchcraft and her opinion about masturbating. The most popular reason is that she is a YEC. I agree with all the reasons in the poll to find her an airhead and I would add that her poor spending habits make her unfit to hold office. But you want to talk about Hillary, Obama and Biden and compare them to O'Donnell. I'm sorry, but I don't see a valid comparison, nor do I think it relevant to the topic since they aren't running for office. So now what, are you going to call me an "unabashed partisan" and pretend your not? Or am I still missing your point?
    Last edited by Moot; 09-21-10 at 03:03 AM.

  6. #66
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Me: "O'Donnell said some dumb things in the 90's. How does that prove she's an airhead?

    You: "Look, here's something else that she said in the 90's!"

    Me: "......"


    Once again, I acknowledge that O'Donnell said some dumb things in her past. What I'm asking you is whether you're arguing that those past dumb statements mean she's an idiot now. If you think that's the case, I'm asking you whether you apply that same logic when its your own preferred candidates under the microscope. I think I know the answer.
    I really don't think you have shown any equivalence here. If there was a Democratic candidate that acted the way she has, I would be wary of that candidate. I would need to what that person accomplish since that time. As I understand it, O'Donnell has been a professional candidate and that's it. zip, zero, nada. I don't think she was even a community organizer which is something good to have on your resume.

    What has she done, that makes here worthy of the job?


  7. #67
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Okay, let me try again. The OPs poll gave other reasons to conclude O'Donnell is an airhead besides her dabbling in witchcraft and her opinion about masturbating. The most popular reason is that she is a YEC. I agree with all the reasons in the poll to find her an airhead and I would add that her poor spending habits make her unfit to hold office. But you want to talk about Hillary, Obama and Biden and compare them to O'Donnell. I'm sorry, but I don't see a valid comparison, nor do I think it relevant to the topic. So now what, are you going to call me an "unabashed partisan" and pretend your not? Or am I still missing your point?
    You're still missing the point.

    Every single thing mentioned in the OP is something that she said back during her 20's. You're arguing that because she said those things, that means she's an airhead. I'm noting that many other prominent politicians did unsavory things in their past, such as using cocaine, plagiarizing articles, and holding seances.

    For some reason, you don't see any problem with writing O'Donnell off as a lunatic because of her past statements, but you decline to criticize politicians on your side of the aisle who did those things.

    Do you think Obama is a scumbag druggie because he used coke in his past? Is Biden an untrustworthy liar because he plagiarized in his past? Is Hillary a loony crackpot because she held seances in her past? If not, then why is this woman clearly an airhead because of the things she said in the past?

    If you were actually complaining about the legitimate issues, that would be one thing. However, all I see are 300 post threads about witchcraft or masturbation.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 09-21-10 at 03:11 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #68
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You're still missing the point.

    Every single thing mentioned in the OP is something that she said back during her 20's.
    The mice statement was 2007.

    O'Donnell In 2007: Scientists Have Created Mice With Human Brains! | TPMDC

    Furthermore, has she disowned some of them as "stupid **** I said when I was young?"

    Honesty, I don't know of many YECs who once in their mid to late 20s abandon those beliefs. And if you belief requires you to deny as truth what you can test yourself in your own sink, that's not a good sign.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #69
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    So far, Christine is NeoCon flunky; a pro-war, sham religious zealot, tyranny follower.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: What is most concerning about Christine O'Donnell

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    The mice statement was 2007.

    O'Donnell In 2007: Scientists Have Created Mice With Human Brains! | TPMDC

    Furthermore, has she disowned some of them as "stupid **** I said when I was young?"

    Honesty, I don't know of many YECs who once in their mid to late 20s abandon those beliefs. And if you belief requires you to deny as truth what you can test yourself in your own sink, that's not a good sign.
    I'm going to out on a limb...no, on two limbs, I'm going to go walk outside and say that I could craft a simple science quiz no lawyer trained Congressman could pass.

    Their skills are how to bamboozle, not science. How many of those clowns in the legislature know that mouse DNA is a close enough match to human DNA to allow successful splicing? Hell, how many of them can tell what the DNA stands for? How many of those would say it's a protein?

    Ask one of the fools how a nuclear reactor works.

    Ask someone as obviously intelligent as Nancy Pelosi how the mechanical advantage of a lever is calculated.

    Ask Maxine Waters how a refrigerator works.

    Want to know why I don't care if those cretins don't know the answers to those questions? It's because it's not their job to answer them. Their job is to write laws that fit inside the Constitution. O'Donnell can believe that human potential is being held back because each and every one of us has been invaded by Thetans who came to earth twenty billion years ago in spaceships that look like DC-8 airplanes, if that's her wish. So long as she's willing to obey the Constitution and not sell the federal government to Tom Cruise and John Travolta, that's all that matters.

    You people that dislike O'Donnell dislike her not solely because of her religion, but because she's credible when she says she's going to uphold the Constitution, and you don't want Constitutionalists in the government.

    Your agenda dies if the Senate starts to obey the Constitution again.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •