View Poll Results: Tax cuts cost nothing and are free

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way.

    47 40.87%
  • Yes, they are free

    68 59.13%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 246

Thread: Tax cuts are free

  1. #71
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    His post made sense. It might mean less revenue to the government. But a tax cut costs nothing. Less revenue is not the same as a cost. A cost requires money going out. A tax cut means that less revenue MIGHT NOT COME IN. That is obvious to everyone
    When that money in the hands of private entities, especially corporations, outsource those dollars to China for cheap products or India for cheap work forces and those companies sell more to the U.S. than they buy from the U.S., then yes, those revenues are lost.

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    When that money in the hands of private entities, especially corporations, outsource those dollars to China for cheap products or India for cheap work forces and those companies sell more to the U.S. than they buy from the U.S., then yes, those revenues are lost.
    so the stuff that the money buys is not a like trade?



  3. #73
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yawn-more nonsense.
    Don't like it? Can't deal with it? Don't have a response?

    Call it nonsense and make no attempt to appear intelligent.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #74
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Don't like it? Can't deal with it? Don't have a response?

    Call it nonsense and make no attempt to appear intelligent.
    Yawn-more nonsense. Someone needs to take this board and himself a little less seriously

    Tax cuts are not costs. They may have to be offset by other cuts but they don't cost anything since they are not an expenditure



  5. #75
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Tax cuts are not costs. They may have to be offset by other cuts but they don't cost anything since they are not an expenditure
    You know, saying the same thing over and over again and refusing to address rebutals doesn't make your argument right.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #76
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You know, saying the same thing over and over again and refusing to address rebutals doesn't make your argument right.

    your argument which is nothing more than an opinion gains no validity merely because you post it over and over

    and you cannot prove that tax cuts are costs because there is a difference between paying for something and having less money to pay for something else.



  7. #77
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so the stuff that the money buys is not a like trade?
    In order for it to be a like trade, the U.S. would have to sell to China as much as the U.S. buys from China. For quite some time now, the U.S. has been selling to China much less than the U.S. has been buying from China. This is why the U.S. has a trade deficit with China and why it is so disconcerting.

  8. #78
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Turtledude has repetitively argued that tax cuts cost nothing, aka they are free.

    So do you agree, that tax cuts cost nothing, that they are revenue neutral, that they are free?
    The government doesn't need all that money.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #79
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    tax cuts often lead to increased government deficit which will only lead to increased taxation in the future, so in a sense no they are not free. You'll be paying for it sometime later.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  10. #80
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but you are also reducing what is taken from US

    tax cuts don't have to be paid for. spending does. if a government operates on a balanced budget if there are less taxes there has to be less spending so you can argue that a tax cut (assuming that means less revenue to the government) would mean the government could not spend as much on other stuff. is that a "cost"
    You said the tax cuts dont cost anything. Now you are changing that. Lets again go back to the gas station analogy I used. If you are saying they can cut costs then their sale on fuel wont cost them anything. OK......

    Logically, when a company reduces overhead they will bring in more profit. And you are saying that if THAT happens the company will reduce THEIR prices.

    Why your logic is flawed, there is no competition for our goverment. Also BOTH sides of the aisle will take any surplus and put in MORE pork spending for their reelections. Like-wise a company with not lower prices unless competition is very stiff. Instead they will pocket the profit!! If they have stock that profit will raise the price of their stock.

    Bottom line is I strongly feel your logic on this topic is highly flawed. This temporary "sale" / reduction on taxes IS costing this Country a LOT.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •