View Poll Results: Tax cuts cost nothing and are free

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way.

    47 40.87%
  • Yes, they are free

    68 59.13%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 246

Thread: Tax cuts are free

  1. #11
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,550

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Do Tax Cuts Cost the Government Money? by Ron Paul

    Responding to Dr. Krugman’s column on tax cuts for the rich*|*KeithHennessey.com

    a bit different perspective than the wealth belongs to the state nonsense we get

    spending costs money

    tax cuts are not spending



  2. #12
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Lol. Funny. That article doesn't support your position at all. All that is, is a rant on taxes. Paul never argues that tax cuts are revenue neutral. Seriously, did you even read it? I'm guessing not?

    Wow. Even more fail. That is little more then expansion on Paul's central theme. And does not argue that tax cuts are revenue neutral. Seriously, didn't your teachers ever tell you to read things before posting them?

    a bit different perspective than the wealth belongs to the state nonsense we get
    Well, that makes sense considering that neither of them address what we are talking about.

    spending costs money
    And reducing revenues is functionally a cost as the costs are no longer covered.

    tax cuts are not spending
    Still pretending my analogy doesn't exist?

    If you don't like something, or can't refute it, PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST!
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #13
    Advisor Teh Internets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    351

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Tax cuts are not free. They aren't spending,but still not free. Reducing the governments tax money by cutting taxes and still spending the same amount is a net loss in money. So no they aren't free.

  4. #14
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,550

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Internets View Post
    Tax cuts are not free. They aren't spending,but still not free. Reducing the governments tax money by cutting taxes and still spending the same amount is a net loss in money. So no they aren't free.
    IT comes down to semantics. Spending costs money

    saving does not and its one opinion versus another

    a stupid poll based on a personal conflict



  5. #15
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    IT comes down to semantics. Spending costs money
    Wrong as usual. Your definition of cost is what is the problem.

    a stupid poll based on a personal conflict
    It's only stupid to you because your view is losing hard.

    By your logic, tax expenditures are free too.

    Child tax credit. Free
    Renewable energy system credits. Free
    Mortgage interest deduction. Free
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #16
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,550

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Wrong as usual. Your definition of cost is what is the problem.



    It's only stupid to you because your view is losing hard.

    By your logic, tax expenditures are free too.

    Child tax credit. Free
    Renewable energy system credits. Free
    Mortgage interest deduction. Free
    how Am I losing

    because you and a couple other lefties disagree with me?

    what idiocy. You have an opinion that you think is right

    I think its wrong

    end of story

    And you make up crap and attribute to me-that is the sign of losing

    tax cuts cost nothing

    the government spending money costs money

    get it through your head that many people as smart or smarter than you, as educated or more educated than you are don't buy your position as being right



  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Spending costs money.

    Since stolen money isn't theirs in the first place, of course tax cuts are free.

  8. #18
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    how Am I losing
    Because you cannot defend your argument. The fact that you posted two links that do not discuss the topic as evidence that you are right is amusing.

    because you and a couple other lefties disagree with me?
    Lefties is not defined as anyone who disagrees with you.

    what idiocy. You have an opinion that you think is right
    One shared by the same economists who pushed Bush and Reagan to cut taxes. Oh Snap.

    I think its wrong
    And you post links to support that position despite both links not discussing it. What does that show?

    And you make up crap and attribute to me-that is the sign of losing
    Let's see:
    1) You cannot find a reputable economist who supports your position
    2) You cannot post links that support your position
    3) You actively go out of your way to ignore arguments that refute you
    4) You throw up entirely meaningless personal statements as if they consisted economic arguments.

    tax cuts cost nothing
    To which you are completely unable to prove.

    get it through your head that many people as smart or smarter than you, as educated or more educated than you are don't buy your position as being right
    Then why can't you find a single reputable economist who supports your position? Maybe because you're wrong?

    So do you think that tax expenditures like the child tax credit are FREE?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #19
    Advisor Teh Internets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    351

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Spending costs money.

    Since stolen money isn't theirs in the first place, of course tax cuts are free.
    If you want your stolen money back then just go steal from a library or unpave a road.

  10. #20
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,550

    Re: Tax cuts are free

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Because you cannot defend your argument. The fact that you posted two links that do not discuss the topic as evidence that you are right is amusing.



    Lefties is not defined as anyone who disagrees with you.



    One shared by the same economists who pushed Bush and Reagan to cut taxes. Oh Snap.



    And you post links to support that position despite both links not discussing it. What does that show?



    Let's see:
    1) You cannot find a reputable economist who supports your position
    2) You cannot post links that support your position
    3) You actively go out of your way to ignore arguments that refute you
    4) You throw up entirely meaningless personal statements as if they consisted economic arguments.



    To which you are completely unable to prove.



    Then why can't you find a single reputable economist who supports your position? Maybe because you're wrong?

    So do you think that tax expenditures like the child tax credit are FREE?
    so if a tax hike loses revenue that is a government cost as well

    you refuse to admit that you have an opinion and others don't agree with it

    I want you to PROVE that tax cuts are COSTS to the government and citing economists means nothing to me since being an economist does not give t hem some special expertise on this subject.

    the issue is whether tax cuts have to be paid for (note how you changed the issue with your moronic poll) and they do not. If there were a balanced budget then you could argue that they have to be offset (ASSuming that a tax cut means less revenue which is NOT always true) by a reduction in spending somewhere else. but since there is no balanced budget and since much spending is not actually paid for my point that tax cuts do not cost us money is true



Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •