View Poll Results: What has Damaged America the Most?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal Reserve

    31 28.70%
  • 2 Party System

    41 37.96%
  • Political Spin Doctors

    34 31.48%
  • Illuminaties Plans

    2 1.85%
  • Corporate Elite

    42 38.89%
  • Government Corruption

    55 50.93%
  • Tax-paid Unions

    26 24.07%
  • Welfare & Gov't Dependants

    36 33.33%
  • Hawks / US Pro-War

    39 36.11%
  • Religious

    23 21.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 173

Thread: What has Damaged America the Most?

  1. #41
    Advisor Teh Internets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    351

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Japanese, Russians, Estonians, Lithuanians, Latvians, Poles, Slovaks, Czechs, Hungarians, Romanians, Croatians, Serbs, Albanians... Germans... all enemies at one time, now friends, and of course there are Asian countries that we fought that are friendly.

    You must think appeasing Islamic terrorists is the way to go? Clinton tried that. Didn't work. Things got measurably worse. Know why? The morons feed off of weakness. They thrive when we portray it. THAT gets more people killed over the long haul.



    .
    Appeasement =/= not invading their countries

  2. #42
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    We're in between plots atm--had some time to kill. No reason really. Don't be concerned.
    my black helicopter and my skull and bones handshake secrets were recently purchased by you guys



  3. #43
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I always love it when conservatives bring up Neville Chamberlain's name, because he was a conservative. Look it up.
    conservative and liberal have very little meaning save for current usage in a current political system

    its like american liberals (aka statist parasitic collectivists) claiming they have a kindred spirit with the founding fathers and people like Locke and Rousseau who were "liberals" a couple or more centuries ago



  4. #44
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Hate to break the bad news to you... we are the defacto world police and have been for more than a half century... by default.
    Yes. There was just one thing that kept Stalin from lobbing artillery at the UK from across the channel: Our willingness to use force to stop him.

    We should and do pick our battles when it is in our national interest, and we even do it to protect western civilization on the whole.
    Because... well... the continuation - indeed, the expansion - of western civilization is in our natiuonal interest

    We can't do everything, we have let the rest of the world show us how feeble and incompetent they and their beloved UN are... and they do.
    The United States, her resources and her willingess to use them in defense of liberty is the last, best hope for freedom in the world.
    If we should give these things up, that hope is lost, and the world will plunge into a new dark age.

  5. #45
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    However, the actions of any political party are calculated to gain and retain political power
    Like.... the war in Iraq?
    3 years after its start, the GOP lost virtually of its political power. The Republicans - specifically, GWB - went into the war knowing that was a severe political risk in doing so; he and the GPOP took that risk because it was the right thing to do.

    When have the Dems ever done such a thing?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-14-10 at 10:28 PM.

  6. #46
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Internets View Post
    America's unending effort to police the world which simultaniously bankrupts us....
    This is silly. The amount we spend on 'policing the world; - defined however you might want to define it - is paltry compared to what is REALLY bankrupting us -- entitlements.

    causes our troops to die
    That's what happens in war.
    That troops might die in a war that must be fought is not a sound argument against that war.

    and makes ememies.
    In the last 235 years or so, doing what we do now, we've made far more friends than enemies.

  7. #47
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    The two party system. The constant squabbling between political parties, the trying to slam legislation down the throats of the other side when in power, the almost complete inability to truly work together towards worth goals, the fact that so many people vote strictly on party and not platform, all of these things are symptoms of the two-party system (and in a larger sense, political parties altogether), and are incredibly damaging to our country.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  8. #48
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Like.... the war in Iraq?
    3 years after its start, the GOP lost virtually of its political power. The Republicans - specifically, GWB - went into the war knowing that was a severe political risk in doing so; he and the GPOP took that risk because it was the right thing to do.

    When have the Dems ever done such a thing?
    Um, maybe the recent healthcare bill? Whether you agree with it or not, it's a perfect example of a political party doing something they feel is right regardless of its popularity.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  9. #49
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Actulally, it was President Bush's war in Iraq that hasn't done well for us. He declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq, May 1, 2003 and there are still problems there. And he wasn't a threat.

    We have a rid the world of Saddam.
    He cannot reconstitute his weapons programs.
    We do not have to fear him teaming up with terrorists.
    They have a democracy with a Constitution where people can vote for their representatives... a FIRST among Muslim nations.

    So, I'd say you are wrong.
    Is it perfect? No. But neither is the US, and we are becoming more unperfect as each day passes.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #50
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    We are going away from what the people that fought WWII wanted us to be. They fought for us and every day we let them down.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •