View Poll Results: What has Damaged America the Most?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal Reserve

    31 28.70%
  • 2 Party System

    41 37.96%
  • Political Spin Doctors

    34 31.48%
  • Illuminaties Plans

    2 1.85%
  • Corporate Elite

    42 38.89%
  • Government Corruption

    55 50.93%
  • Tax-paid Unions

    26 24.07%
  • Welfare & Gov't Dependants

    36 33.33%
  • Hawks / US Pro-War

    39 36.11%
  • Religious

    23 21.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 173

Thread: What has Damaged America the Most?

  1. #161
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,566

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Oh come on ricksfolly, you forgot executive orders.
    nominating judges is the single greatest and most lasting power a president has. Look how much FDR F'd up the USA with his lapdog judges who ignored the tenth amendment and interpreted the "commerce clause" as a general grant of complete power to congress.



  2. #162
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post

    As you run, make sure to tuck that tail nice and tight.
    Oh, I'm not going anywhere.

  3. #163
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Oh, I'm not going anywhere.
    Given that you have given up defending your argument frim direct, valid criticism, you might as well...

  4. #164
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Given that you have given up defending your argument frim direct, valid criticism, you might as well...
    Call me stubborn, but I'm holding out hope that some valid criticism may yet appear.

  5. #165
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Call me stubborn, but I'm holding out hope that some valid criticism may yet appear.
    Stubborn? More like intellectually dishonest.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    I've thought about this some more and have come the conclusion that Americans have damaged the U.S. the most.

    We have moved away from pluralism and have instead embraced majoritarianism.
    The democratization of the electoral process, is most likely the culprit (aka, the people).
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Strange conservative-tea party reasoning.
    Care to elaborate on that?? I was using the dictionary definition of fascism, though yours had a shorter definition.

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Learn how the US system works before you make outlandish statements.

    Obama'a only power is military, defense, veto, pardons, bill signing, and the bully pulpit.

    ricksfolly
    Well, if you're assuming that the presidency abides by the constitution then yes, that's the presidents powers are. I'm afraid that this is no longer the case, at the least since Bush but probably more like since JFK, this is a trend that's been accelerating.

    So, well, I hate to be the one to break it to you but America ain't the same place it used to be... and I don't mean because almost all of his czars and appointees are devout socialists / communists... but because Obama's (with bipartisan bills as mentioned earlier) is engaging in policy making that is almost what could be called treasonous by the constitutional definition of the word. I know that's not possible because he was a constitutional lawyer, but it seems that he's the type of lawyer that would tell you that you have to give up the kids, the house, the dog and the car, but you won the alimony, the mortgage, and the debts.... and get mad at you when you tell him he screwed you over.

    Really, if you want I could link to you all the bills that have passed since Obama took office, but really... the change being delivered is vastly different from what the people thought he was promising.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I've thought about this some more and have come the conclusion that Americans have damaged the U.S. the most.

    We have moved away from pluralism and have instead embraced majoritarianism.
    The democratization of the electoral process, is most likely the culprit (aka, the people).
    The extent to which the people can be blamed is for re-electing these same corrupt, bought-off, carreer politicians, who go into politics 'wealthy' but retire is multi-millionaires and even billionaires.

    The problem is that those politicians are no longer writing the bills the pass, they are no longer reading the bills they are supposed to write, and so they are passing legislation without doing their job. If that's not corruption, I don't know what is... and then it goes up a notch, senators were getting 1000:1 phone calls against the bailout and it got passed anyway... and you wonder why people have so little faith in politics... but this is a process that's been snowballing for a very long time.

    I will agree with you that the people through the lack of caring have allowed the problem to grow, but if those in power weren't corrupt then it wouldn't matter either way.

  8. #168
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I've thought about this some more and have come the conclusion that Americans have damaged the U.S. the most.

    We have moved away from pluralism and have instead embraced majoritarianism.
    The democratization of the electoral process, is most likely the culprit (aka, the people).
    You're right, the fault is the people, but not for the reasons you suggested. They're too afraid to do their usual buying, and the media keeps them afraid by only printing bad news. And those rare occasions when they do print good news, they always undermine it with "it could be better."

    ricksfolly

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    You're right, the fault is the people, but not for the reasons you suggested. They're too afraid to do their usual buying, and the media keeps them afraid by only printing bad news. And those rare occasions when they do print good news, they always undermine it with "it could be better."

    ricksfolly
    This is NOT a simple matter of 'low confidence'... the problem is systemic. Everything about the economy is simply wrong. America is hemorrhaging it's wealth and other countries are more then willing to lap up the wealth. People are doing their best to save themselves before this system of corruption collapses under it's own weight.

  10. #170
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    None of the above.

    What has Damaged America the Most?
    The midnset that you are entitled to a certain standard of living, and that if you haven't been able to provide that standard for yourself, it's someone else's fault.
    I agree, but let me add a bit to it....there is also the mindset that it is always the individuals fault.
    I know too many people who have brought their situation upon themselves, but I also know some that don't care about their fellow citizens one damn bit. And those people often go to church on a regular basis....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •