View Poll Results: What has Damaged America the Most?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Federal Reserve

    31 28.70%
  • 2 Party System

    41 37.96%
  • Political Spin Doctors

    34 31.48%
  • Illuminaties Plans

    2 1.85%
  • Corporate Elite

    42 38.89%
  • Government Corruption

    55 50.93%
  • Tax-paid Unions

    26 24.07%
  • Welfare & Gov't Dependants

    36 33.33%
  • Hawks / US Pro-War

    39 36.11%
  • Religious

    23 21.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 173

Thread: What has Damaged America the Most?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    No, the real START of all the problems was in 1913 with the federal reserve.

    Then having them put in an income tax. Thus creating a system where people are taxed when they make money, when they spend money, when they invest money, when they profit on that money... and it provides a system to track most of the money out there.

    There's always been spin doctors, and for a good while in american history elections were won by the person that could BETTER RIG THE VOTE... That story in the film gang's of new york is accurate in the sense that they discussed how people would shave 5-6 different styles to get 5-6 votes throughout the day, and then go in clean shaven to top it off.

    The two party system is also a contributing factor, but MAINLY since JFK... at an accelerating pace since that time the two parties have been slowly melding their opinions, where now, it's like if Russia had a democratic vote you would vote for the hammer or the sickle, when both parties are all bought and paid for (through bribes, sweetheart deals, large political contributions, etc) by the same interests. It becomes like a 'red vs blue party'... you can wear a red shirt or a blue shirt to the party on any given year.

    Illuminati... well... IF there IS an illuminati, they are in charge of the federal reserve system... and are at the root of the many visible problems that we have in the world.

    Corporate elite : Only because they are attempting to get in bed with the government and create a society that well, think about it, what do corporations want in an employee??
    - loyal / lack of options / monopolies
    - low-wages
    - subservient
    - Well monitored
    - etc...

    Unions is an intricate grey shaded area, some aspects of unions have been good, others counterproductive. Most of the time, unions start good, but then live on beyond the need for the UNion and gets more power and money then it needs, becomes corrupted and becomes bad.

    Welfare and government dependants : In special circumstances I would say that people should be able to get government assistance, so they aren't stuck dying on the street... but it should be SO restricted and difficult to get that ONLY someone that has a legitimate and necessary NEED for government assistance. The reason being, how do you catch a wild hog?? You put some food on a hill one day, plant a corner, put more food, plant another corner, more food, and as you get the wild hogs dependant on your food they won't notice the fence being built around them... then you can try to tame the hog, or kill it and take its pups and train the wild out of them. So, it's NOT JUST because of the drain on the economy, but giving people free money is a drain on the spirit of america that made the country great... that spirit of entrepreneurship has been mostly lost.


    The wars... yes, the wars around the world have made america almost universally hated... they are viewed as the bully of the world... but it's NOT american people that are to blame (though americans will suffer more then the people responsible if it comes back) it's the fault of the rest of the puzzle mentioned each contributing their influence.

    Religion - Yes, the lack of religion... I MEAN TRUE spiritual understanding... NOT lack of people going to church.

    A few more I would add :

    Drugs - We represent 1/5th of the worlds population, but account for 90+% of drugs consumed (NOT COUNTING coffee, cigarettes and alcohol)... But then there are legal ones that present their own problems.

    Media - People's attention span has now been reduced to so small it's being called 'fractured attention'... you can seem to be paying attention to multiple things at one time, but the reality is that you can't concentrate on any single issue for longer then a 'sound bite'... not everybody, but a growing number of people... that said, there's also a growing number of people moving in the opposite direction, MORE attentive, etc... more 'awake' really.

    I could probably add more if I tried.
    Last edited by BmanMcfly; 09-19-10 at 03:11 PM.

  2. #112
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I voted 2 party system and hawkish war policy.

    But the 2 party is far more damaging.
    The two party system has nothing to do with what really gets done in Congress. The only group with that power is the ways and means budget committee.

    I suggest you do more reading...

    ricksfolly

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    The people of this country have hurt America more than anything else.

  4. #114
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    The people of this country have hurt America more than anything else.
    Only because people aren't buying as much as they once did. It won't improve until the media/Reps stop scaring them with gloom and doom.

    ricksfolly

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Only because people aren't buying as much as they once did. It won't improve until the media/Reps stop scaring them with gloom and doom.

    ricksfolly
    rick,

    what i meant is that people in the states care more about consuming regardless of what the media says. then they do about politics. too many people care about money and not enough about living.

  6. #116
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is what happens when people think that history began in 2000.
    Oh is that what Beck is saying now?

  7. #117
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Actually the ones sOwing hatred are men like Sharpton and Jackson and Farakhan. Limbauch and Beck are defening the republic, I'll give you that bitch Coulter.
    Oh come on, you can do better than that! The three you mention above are virtually silent vs. the pundits I mentioned that are on the TV or radio daily. And they are not even pundits. Farakhan and Jackson hardly make it in the news anymore, and Sharpton has really tamed down. Is Farakan even alive yet? I find it curious they are all blacks. Racist anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    1) It's the congress that controls how the money is spent. And it's the Democrats that have had control of Congress for 50 of the last sixty years.
    And what does that have to do with the time period I was referring to? I love how you conveniently ignore the six years the repubs controlled Congress while Bush got everything he wanted including two wars. The dems had to go along with the war as they were not only snuckered by bad intelligence, they also were pressured that they were unpatriotic if they didn't go along. Oh and don't forget there was that big mushroom cloud Cheney mentioned if we didn't attack. God the damage those two idiots have caused our country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    2) Last time I checked, it was Afghanistan that decided to attack us on September 11, 2001, not to mention the fact that it was Islam that had been attacking our citizens for more than two decades priort to that.
    You better check again instead of listening to Glenn Beck or Limbaugh. Afghanistan never attacked us. Show me one terrorist on 9/11 that was from Afghanistan. Just because Al Queda was headquartered in Afghanistan doesn't mean Afghanistan attacked us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Did I notice you complaining about all the socialist programs that are in direct violation of the Constitution implemented since FDR that are the real cause of the nation's problem with debt and indolence?
    Spare me the socialist crap. It's more bull****. I have Republican friends that spout that crap, but when you ask if they would voluntarily not take Social Security they become strangely silent. Same goes for Medicare. I'll bet 100 percent of the seniors at the Tea Party rallies collect on both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No, you don't seem to be seeing that.
    Yeah I was just floored.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yes, NBC's inclusion of pyrotechnics to make their story about the allegedly exploding trucks more interesting was fun.
    I guess that means you agree with me? You're example just backs up my statement about the networks making the news and being biased.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So was Dan Blather's deliberate use of forged documents in a lame attempt to get his gigolo Kerry elected.
    More of the same. zzz... Rather reached too far without the proper documentation and got what was due to him. He didn't forge any documents though. You need to get your facts right. I wish there would be repercussions like that with the falsehoods that come out of FOX.

    That said being a member of the ANG I have no doubt whatsoever Bush was a **** up and stopped attending drills. It was just convenient that the records are missing. Not hard to do if your daddy is in an important position, and eventually becomes CIA director and then president.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Then there's Rachel Madcow's famous editing of the Tea Partier bringing his guns to a meeting. Madcow used her deliberately and carefully edited video to complain about the inherent racism in the Tea Party. Bringing us yet once again face to face with the real people promoting race hatred to manipulate public opinion. Too bad the honest news channel, Fox, was willing to show us that the gun-toting character was a black man, wasn't it?
    So someone does an opinion piece... never mind!

    Honest folks at FOX!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I see now where, since the phrase "climage change" isn't scaring enough of the sheep, and since the phrase "global warming" has been discredited in this last decade of global cooling, the Democrats are going to try to renew their con with the phrase "global climate disruption". I wonder how many people will be stupid enough to start using GCD in their postings?
    More strawman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    And dare I mention the clowns that brought us the silly phrse "jobs created or saved" in this discussion of media lies and distortions?
    You really are good at those talking points. You must watch FOX 24/7.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Then again, Fox has nearly half the total news media audience in the US. For some reason no one wants to watch video clip editing MSNBC, pyromaniacal NBC, and forgery prone SeeBS. And coincidentally with that, the Democrats are losing support like Greenland in GCD.
    Ooooh so now the size of the media audience translates to the veracity of the cable news network? Or could it be the entertainment factor? A lot of people watch those POS reality shows. Should we get our news there?
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 09-20-10 at 10:04 AM.

  8. #118
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    rick,

    what i meant is that people in the states care more about consuming regardless of what the media says. then they do about politics. too many people care about money and not enough about living.
    That's what people usually do, but when times are tough, and they get scared, they look to the media to calm their fears. The media, of course, is the worse place to look for solace, because they only report bad news.

    ricksfolly

  9. #119
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    US's mass media
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: What has Damaged America the Most?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    That's what people usually do, but when times are tough, and they get scared, they look to the media to calm their fears. The media, of course, is the worse place to look for solace, because they only report bad news.

    ricksfolly
    Are you saying that if our news was more like that of Europe's we would all be better off? Because I advocate for all television to be like Europe with small amounts of censoring and for tv networks to be encouraged to show the original content. But lets face it American's are a whole other people compare to the rest of the world. Here what we call football, sport that does not use their legs aside from running, would not be popular in the rest of the world. Why? Because American football is boring how can it be entertaining when there are only five to ten second bursts of physical activity? Also, I hate how a sport that only lasts for 60 mins lasts for 180 mins due to all the commercials. Watching american football is a bore but tv networks and advertisers do manage to keep millions of people sitting down watching that boring sport. So I mean the people in the states need to change their whole mindset if they are to start enjoying life a little more.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •