View Poll Results: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 28.04%
  • Hell yes

    65 60.75%
  • no

    7 6.54%
  • maybe/other

    5 4.67%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 162

Thread: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

  1. #131
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    But I should be able to take my kids (if I had any) into any establishment providing food (in any form), and expect a smoke-free, kid-friendly, cheap, quality dining experience.

    and when you walk in the door expect to hear some midget yell "Boss, de plane, de plane!!!!!"

    or as I often tell my older kids... you can expect in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up faster.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #132
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and when you walk in the door expect to hear some midget yell "Boss, de plane, de plane!!!!!"

    or as I often tell my older kids... you can expect in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up faster.
    I think it'll ruin my post, but do you think perhaps I should have added some note labeling it sarcasm?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #133
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think it'll ruin my post, but do you think perhaps I should have added some note labeling it sarcasm?
    nah, I think most people will get it ( I did, if that's what you are implying). I was just having a bit of fun with my reply. I just always add the to mine just to be sure.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #134
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    nah, I think most people will get it ( I did, if that's what you are implying). I was just having a bit of fun with my reply. I just always add the to mine just to be sure.
    Just checkin'

    Come to think of it, my statement would include any place selling edible underwear...
    Last edited by The Mark; 09-16-10 at 04:02 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #135
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Hell2thaYes! who wants to pay for a nice meal with screaming babies/children all
    about?! Not to leave out the parents who let their kids run amuck in the place
    while wait staff are trying to give service in a timely manner.

  6. #136
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Why would you NOT go there - other than your kids cry and scream...?

  7. #137
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    One time, years ago when I was much younger. I was out of town and eating in this joint when a family came in with a bunch of loud obnoxious brats who screamed and yelled the whole time. As I was leaving, and pretty confident that I would never be back at this joint again anyway, I lit up a cig, blew a big lungful of smoke right into their faces and said, "I'd just like to thank you for providing me with such an enjoyable dining experience". The manager was pissed and followed me into the parking lot yelling that I wasn't welcome back, but as I said..I wasn't ever going back anyway.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #138
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I wouldn't expect your kids would be a problem. I wasn't rude, just firm. And ready.
    My girls are generally quite good... the elder one is rather active, but we don't take her to 5-star restaurants... she loves to go to T.G.I.Friday's and generally is well behaved and stays in her seat...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    One time, years ago when I was much younger. I was out of town and eating in this joint when a family came in with a bunch of loud obnoxious brats who screamed and yelled the whole time. As I was leaving, and pretty confident that I would never be back at this joint again anyway, I lit up a cig, blew a big lungful of smoke right into their faces and said, "I'd just like to thank you for providing me with such an enjoyable dining experience". The manager was pissed and followed me into the parking lot yelling that I wasn't welcome back, but as I said..I wasn't ever going back anyway.
    Wow that was a really a hole thing to do.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you go to a restaurant that banned crying and screaming children?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wow that was a really a hole thing to do.
    Yes, yes it was. Delightfully so. He was doing an a hole thing to some a holes who were beggin' for it. They were saying, with their actions "Please be an a hole to us we want it so bad!!!" It was very kind of him to accommodate them.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •