View Poll Results: Are you going to burn a Koran?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 10.23%
  • No

    79 89.77%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 222

Thread: Are you going to burn a Koran?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    You are wrong in more than one way.

    Only if we decide that we too want to "clearly have no morals," do we act "like Bin Laden and Amadinajihad." As Mahatma Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye, leaves the whole world blind."

    And to pretend that this hate-mongering fool in Floriduh is somehow taking a shot at just terrorists and not an entire significant sector of the world's population, is blatantly and deliberately false.
    Ghandi is correct; however, the barbarian apes that run some of the more nafarious middle eastern countries have yet to grasp this fact. As such, they have NO morals, and they have NO BUSINESS telling others what morals they should live by.

  2. #172
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Ghandi is correct.....
    I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure that "An eye for an eye, leaves the whole cycloptic."

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  3. #173
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Ghandi is correct; however, the barbarian apes that run some of the more nafarious middle eastern countries have yet to grasp this fact. As such, they have NO morals, and they have NO BUSINESS telling others what morals they should live by.
    Please explain the difference between their philosophy and yours. You sound exactly like the worst of their radicals with the names changes. Opposite sides of the same coin.

  4. #174
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Fortunately, you are insignificant and are merely one of the faceless protected under those of us who have their heads firmly planted on top of our shoulders rather than up our asses.
    Keep assuming...

    Just where does the ****ing line in the sand get drawn? Between the protest over the this koran burning where members of this so-called peaceful religion chanted 'death to Americans' and some POS Iman declaring that if we do not allow the mosque to be built near the ground of the 9/11 murders there will be 'retribution' from the radical side or Islam.

    I see our nation seemingly cater to muslims in the hope that they will play nice with us eventually...BULL****.

    Does anyone truly believe that they will play nice and tolerate us if we admit defeat to them and bend over backwards and give them whatever they ask for in the name of tolerance?

  5. #175
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Keep assuming...

    Just where does the ****ing line in the sand get drawn? Between the protest over the this koran burning where members of this so-called peaceful religion chanted 'death to Americans' and some POS Iman declaring that if we do not allow the mosque to be built near the ground of the 9/11 murders there will be 'retribution' from the radical side or Islam.

    I see our nation seemingly cater to muslims in the hope that they will play nice with us eventually...BULL****.

    Does anyone truly believe that they will play nice and tolerate us if we admit defeat to them and bend over backwards and give them whatever they ask for in the name of tolerance?
    It's not a matter of drawing any lines. We Americans have the right to piss on a picture of Allah and to serve Kool-Aid as we do it. However, stupid and pointless is stupid and pointless no matter how we decide to celebrate it. Tell you what....find a local Muslim that has nothing to do with nothing and seek ways to offend and excite him. When you rile him up and instigate him to defend his sense of identity you can pretend that you were merely exercising your American right to be a complete and utter fool. But my guess is that the majority of fools in America, who would burn Qur'ans, would only do so in front of a faceless idea far fromany Muslim crowd because such acts of obvious instigations are better served making oneself feel good rather than making a statement. Contrary to Muhammad Scarecrow or whatever he calls himself, this...... is cowardice.

    No one with a brain (that matters) believes that placating towards our enemies will make them love us. However stupid acts of extremism in the Chrisitian world merely excite extremism in the Muslm world. Our enemies are distinct. Focusing on them is what I would expect from a nation that supposedly is educated beyond the rattlesnake passing of backwoods church dumbasses. More of this crap and even the French will seem enlightened.
    Last edited by MSgt; 09-13-10 at 12:59 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #176
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    It's not a matter of drawing any lines. We Americans have the right to piss on a picture of Allah and to serve Kool-Aid as we do it. However, stupid and pointless is stupid and pointless no matter how we decide to celebrate it.

    No one with a brain (that matters) believes that placating towards our enemies will make them love us. However stupid acts of extremism in the Chrisitian world merely excite extremism in the Muslm world. Our enemies are distinct. Focusing on them is what I would expect from a nation that supposedly is educated beyond the rattlesnake passing of backwoods church dumbasses. More of this crap and even the French will seem enlightened.
    You are just looking at a symptom, not the cause.

    Radical Islam is merely a symptom and is ultimately, not the problem. The problem is that "radical" Islam is not "radical". We call it that to disenfranchise it and separate it from the politically correct "moderate" Islam.

    Islam declared jihad and fought to spread Islam from 632 AD until 1699 AD. Over a thousand years. Was that "radical" Islam. The destruction of Israel is pretty recent. Obviously, until recently, there was no Israel. But prior to the establishment of the British Raj, most of the Indian sub-continent was ruled by the Mughal Emperor, a Muslim. India had been part of dar el Islam and Muslims joined in the Sepoy rebellion of 1857 with the stated intention of restoring India to dar el Islam.

    So there is historical precedent to re-conquering land that was once Muslim.

    So, wtf is "radical" Islam? The fact of the matter is, it is a part of Islam that has always existed because the Koran and Hadith contain so much to support it and this is a common bs misconception (1-3% are actively enganging in active jihad against the Dar al Harib)

    In reality, the vast majority of religous (practicing) Muslims support active jihad either passively or actively (money) because it is the bedrock of what is Islam. First, it is 'uncreated' - it has (to a practicing Muslim) always existed, even before the alleged revelation to Mohammad and second...it is the literal word of Allah, in Allah's own language (Arabic) and therefore can not be questioned.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,123

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    You are just looking at a symptom, not the cause.

    Radical Islam is merely a symptom and is ultimately, not the problem. The problem is that "radical" Islam is not "radical". We call it that to disenfranchise it and separate it from the politically correct "moderate" Islam.

    Islam declared jihad and fought to spread Islam from 632 AD until 1699 AD. Over a thousand years. Was that "radical" Islam. The destruction of Israel is pretty recent. Obviously, until recently, there was no Israel. But prior to the establishment of the British Raj, most of the Indian sub-continent was ruled by the Mughal Emperor, a Muslim. India had been part of dar el Islam and Muslims joined in the Sepoy rebellion of 1857 with the stated intention of restoring India to dar el Islam.

    So there is historical precedent to re-conquering land that was once Muslim.

    So, wtf is "radical" Islam? The fact of the matter is, it is a part of Islam that has always existed because the Koran and Hadith contain so much to support it and this is a common bs misconception (1-3% are actively enganging in active jihad against the Dar al Harib)

    In reality, the vast majority of religous (practicing) Muslims support active jihad either passively or actively (money) because it is the bedrock of what is Islam. First, it is 'uncreated' - it has (to a practicing Muslim) always existed, even before the alleged revelation to Mohammad and second...it is the literal word of Allah, in Allah's own language (Arabic) and therefore can not be questioned.
    Radical Islam is like radical Christianity... they both blow up their enemies. Most Chrisitans and most Muslims have nothing to do with violence of any kind. Attempts to make it sound worse than it is, or more of the people more violent than they are, is nothing more than a fallicious attempt to smear the religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,123

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Keep assuming...

    Just where does the ****ing line in the sand get drawn? Between the protest over the this koran burning where members of this so-called peaceful religion chanted 'death to Americans' and some POS Iman declaring that if we do not allow the mosque to be built near the ground of the 9/11 murders there will be 'retribution' from the radical side or Islam.

    I see our nation seemingly cater to muslims in the hope that they will play nice with us eventually...BULL****.

    Does anyone truly believe that they will play nice and tolerate us if we admit defeat to them and bend over backwards and give them whatever they ask for in the name of tolerance?
    Last time I looked, it was the USA with more military bases and in more countries around the world and with the largest military force and most spending and with the most invasions, insurrections, and coup attempts than any other save the old USSR. Muslims are fighting each other and mostly in their own region of the world, except for terrorist organizations, which as we all know, can come in any shape and with any agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    C3PO gave some great advice... but what does burning a book have to do with killing terrorists? That one is a little beyond my comprehension, to be honest.
    I've had to explain that idea to others, then they go " oh, yeah". Glad you understood it.

    R2D2 was instructed to not give offense to Chewbacca by letting him win.

    We can't afford even the perception that we're willing to surrender our hard won freedoms because we're afraid some extremists might get unhappy. That tells them not only that we're afraid, but we're paralzed and that will be as dangerous as pissing of the little maggots.

    The whole rationale behind their attacks is that the West is weak and won't respond effectively to their attacks. Jimmy Carter's incompetence fueled this idea, the inadequate responses of later presidents, especially Clinton, confirmed this in their minds, and that we struck as hard as we did after 9-11 surprised them, but they've also been paying attention to our turncoat elements, our appeasing Chamberlains, our cowards, and our subversive elements that want the US to fail.

    We now have an islamophile president who is deliberately seeking to destroy this nation's role as a world leader. He's a foreign policy disaster, he's an economic disaster, he's a constitutional disaster.

    We have problems.

    Appearing to bow to the threats of fanatics who hate us anyway will only cause more problems in the long run.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Are you going to burn a Koran?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Both European World Wars were civil in nature.
    No.

    Wars are always rude.

    And since both World Wars were between recognized sovereign nations and not any sort of an attempt to establish a splinter nation from a larger parent or to wrest control of a nation by inhabitants of that same country with differing political views, they were in no sense "civil" wars.

    If you can't figure that much out, if you want to insist on polluting the thread with nothing more than a conspiracy theory, you need to understand that I ain't gonna waste my time on you until you grow up and post comments relevant to the topic of the thread.

    Not Kerry. The choice was between a man who made decisions, right or wrong, and a man who couldn't make a decision at all. What does that make you? Never fault a man for having to vote for the man he disliked the least.
    You HAD to vote?

    Um...no, you didn't.

    I voted for neither of them, I voted Libertarian for the simple fact that even though some of their ideas are wrong, I wasn't going to vote for Bush, because he's a liberal, or Gore, because he's a fool and a liberal, or Kerry, because he's a fool, a liberal, and a gigolo.

    No one forced you to vote for anything. You made your choice and now you're rationalizing it becaue you feel guilty.

    But even Bush knew the enemy was distinct. How you can't? Certainly you can't base **** on any real study or analysis. And certainly your life experience has never placed you in front of the actual enemy. You are running off decrepit hatreds and assumptions.
    Yes, you know my real life. After all, you've snooped my Facebook page and found my status as a CO in the Korean War.

    Then again, I don't have a Facebook page and Korea was before my time, but then again, someone calling themselves "sergeant" might mean he's a hybrid between old Beatles song about some lonely hearts and a soft drink.

    So, you should probably can the blind sniping because all you're proving when you do that is that you can't support your position with reason.


    Fortunately, you are insignificant and are merely one of the faceless protected under those of us who have their heads firmly planted on top of our shoulders rather than up our asses.
    This will probably get you a warning when someone who cares notices it. But you really need to work on supporting your positions with something besides testosterone and adrenalin.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •